🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I feel like this movie is the absolute perfect follow up to Solarbabies. It has a very similar vibe and ending with an ambiguous mystical force transforming a goonies-like gang. Definitely think you should go for this one. Jeremy Irons chews up the scenery far more than any actor in history here.

Irons might be the only actor there who realizes he is in a terrible movie; and plays it perfectly.

This movie is the fantasy equivalent of Star Wars Episode I. I found the politics that drive the plot totally incomprehensible.

I'm bumping this movie again; no one could possibly explain how it got made. Irons made this 10 years after receiving his Oscar, and as mentioned before, gives a Cage-worthy performance. The CGI looks like someone photoshopped Veggie Tales onto the scenes. The green screens are worse than the local weather report. There are too many bald guys, so one wears blue lipstick.

Again, this is 2000, about 10 years before and after D&D was popular. This is the template for the Warcraft movie. A lot of people want Brian Posehn, and I can see that. But I'd like to see a live episode with the entire cast of HarmonQuest.

I really get the feeling he added extra arm shaking just in case the cheap wind machine failed in the middle of the take. Such a pro.

• Like 1

Before Assassin's Creed, Jeremy Irons hammed it up in this gem. You think he would've learned. With a production budget of $45 million, this bomb made less than $34 million worldwide. It's a shame Battlefield Earth dominated at the 2001 Razzie's. There is more than enough material for HDTGM. How did this beget 2 direct to dvd sequels?

The fact that they didn't do Dragonheart makes me wish they'd do this one. It's really one of the most oddly enjoyable terrible fantasy films in existence.

Can't believe this hasn't been done yet! I don't know how it got made, but I do know it was made for this podcast.

• Like 1

Bump.  BUMP.  BUMP  This one has to be done.  There are D&D podcasts and I'm sure a host of one would love to come on and help roast this piece of shit.

• Like 2

At this point, I have to believe this is like how they've been teasing a Showgirls episode forever - in that they've got something special in mind for this movie and are just waiting for it to come together.

Otherwise, I have no idea how this hasn't happened yet, because it is LEGENDARY ridiculous badness but so entertaining.

• Like 1

My new operating theory for why they haven't done this yet is June's clear antipathy for mythological jargon-heavy sci-fi/fantasy movies. The "Starcrash" episode reminded me of how furious "Highlander 2" made her - they might need to give her time to breathe before inflicting this horrorshow on her. 🤣

This movie has got to be done, it is bonkers bad and Jeremy Irons performance is an all time scene chewing one. The Wayans character Snails is one of the most unfunny and racist depicted movie characters I can remember, and pretty much every directors choice is odd and the story on how Courtney Solomon wound up directing this movie is insane. 

The studio turned down James Cameron (right after T2) and Francis Ford Coppola and then told the 30 year old kid who somehow bought the movie rights for real cheap to just direct it himself. Check it out, he had zero film credits. He later directed Getaway with Selena Gomez, which the podcast has done, but this movie is many times crazier. 

Do it!!

All of the bad movies I’ve watched because of this podcast have led to this being my most frequently suggested movie on Amazon prime. Please do this movie!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, Johns3cb said:

All of the bad movies I’ve watched because of this podcast have led to this being my most frequently suggested movie on Amazon prime. Please do this movie!

Yes, this movie has to be covered. The only excuse in waiting is to do it with a live audience, whenever that happens again. A reboot is supposed to be released in 2022 starring Chris Pine, so covering it closer to then may make some sense.

The fact that this podcast has been on 10 years and still not done this movie is truly mind boggling. Also seems that this movie is just not streaming anywhere ever, you have to pay to rent it, unless you invested in the DVD like myself to see this bonkers film whenever I want!

They also seemed to pretty blatantly copy the set design of the debate chamber off of the similar room in The Neverending Story.