🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 150 - Grease 2

You gotta find Seven Brides for Seven Brothers! The songs Sobbin' Women & Bless Your Beautiful Hide are ripe for discussion!

And when you watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, please keep an eye on the guy in the orange shirt. He is neither a dancer nor singer. He just sort of hangs out while everyone does extravagant musical numbers. It's the best.

Also young Tommy Rall is gorgeous.

If you're looking for a non-American musical, Om Shanti Om is a really good start. It's literally a Bollywood movie about Bollywood movies.

Fair warning though, it's almost 3 hours long and 7 minutes of that is a re-enactment of all the stuff that's happened in the movie so far (in song).

Yes... but what does that have to do with being trans and the amount of hate that Cameron got?

I have no issue with the comments that are clearly jokes like the few at the top about her out june-ing June. Those to me are not insults, but people have crossed the line multiple times on this forum.

Criminy, I just made the choice/mistake/decision to visit the HDTGM reddit thread on Grease 2 and there is a long discussion - in GREAT detail, like, yesterday - about Cameron Esposito's Village People episode. Looks like people are still mad about it.

Does anyone here post in both places?

• Like 1

Criminy, I just made the choice/mistake/decision to visit the HDGTM reddit thread on Grease 2 and there is a long discussion - in GREAT detail, like, yesterday - about Cameron Esposito's Village People episode. Looks like people are still mad about it.

tumblr_mig26pmoDp1s2b2mgo3_250.gif

And, no, I pretty much avoid Reddit.

• Like 3

Criminy, I just made the choice/mistake/decision to visit the HDTGM reddit thread on Grease 2 and there is a long discussion - in GREAT detail, like, yesterday - about Cameron Esposito's Village People episode. Looks like people are still mad about it.

I checked in there, like, twice, and I kind of hated it. Also, fans of another podcast I really love just created a subreddit for it that they refer to often, and it drives me nuts. But at least one of those hosts always says, "I'm just assuming a great place where nothing terrible happens on a consistent basis." (with obvious heavy sarcasm)

• Like 2

And when you watch Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, please keep an eye on the guy in the orange shirt. He is neither a dancer nor singer. He just sort of hangs out while everyone does extravagant musical numbers. It's the best.

Also young Tommy Rall is gorgeous.

If you're looking for a non-American musical, Om Shanti Om is a really good start. It's literally a Bollywood movie about Bollywood movies.

Fair warning though, it's almost 3 hours long and 7 minutes of that is a re-enactment of all the stuff that's happened in the movie so far (in song).

Oh Jeff Richards! I know...that poor tall drink of water was heaven to look at but they didn't hire him to dance. There's a "making of" doc on the dvd that is facinating.

Another big part of my childhood..crushing on all those brothers!

Thanks for the recommendation of Om Shanti Om. That sounds like something I'll love & my man might want to kill me for making him watch!

• Like 1

I avoid that site at all costs.

I prefer a world filled with light.

• Like 4

Oh Jeff Richards! I know...that poor tall drink of water was heaven to look at but they didn't hire him to dance. There's a "making of" doc on the dvd that is facinating.

Another big part of my childhood..crushing on all those brothers!

Thanks for the recommendation of Om Shanti Om. That sounds like something I'll love & my man might want to kill me for making him watch!

Okay, so I just watched Goin' Courtin' on YouTube. I must have been focused on Tommy Rall because how the hell did I not realize how hot Orange Shirt is. I like how his main contribution to that dance is getting better dancers thrown at him.

Fuck. I wish I had watched it when I was younger and didn't understand the term Stockholm Syndrome.

I'm not sure how to convince your dude to watch Om Shanti Om other than to say that it's a lot more murder filled than I thought it was going to be.

• Like 1

I think I watched this for the first time when I was about 8 and I was obsessed with the do it for our country scene, it wasn't until I rewatched it for this that I realised how creepy and date-rapey it is. I still love his voice in it though.

I joined reddit to try to assist in a subreddit for a fandom I'm in, but quickly learned it was a lost cause and never ventured to subs focused on my other interests. This forum is nice enough, so I'm happy.

• Like 4

Did we talk about how the script for "Grease 3" was turned into "High School Musical"?

It was briefly mentioned. I cried for days.

• Like 3

Grease 2 → High School Musical → Zac Efron → Hairspray, the movie musical → Michelle Pfeiffer → Grease 2

The circle of grease.

• Like 6

It was briefly mentioned. I cried for days.

Okay, phew. I needed to know you were all as upset as I was.

Grease 2 → High School Musical → Zac Efron → Hairspray, the movie musical → Michelle Pfeiffer → Grease 2

The circle of grease.

VNpJgm.gif

• Like 5

VNpJgm.gif

2ci8g9k.jpg

It's not like I'm doing anything better with my time.

I'm embarrassed...

• Like 6

One more observation, during "Reproduction" one guys lays across the desks of three girls and the one who is closest to his crotch is staring at it very intently.

My photo got eaten. Here's another try. screenshot_20161213_083253.png

• Like 2

2ci8g9k.jpg

It's not like I'm doing anything better with my time.

I'm embarrassed...

I couldn't care less what Scheer has to say about the winner this week. Jammer wins. Pens down, everyone.

• Like 4

It's so weird to me how so many people have the same experience of owning this on VHS as a kid and watching it all the time because it's one of the few movies we had. I know I spent at least one summer with nothing to do in the house but watch movies on VHS and this was heavily in the rotation. Haven't seen it since but remembered so much from it in this episode.

• Like 1