🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Delicious Mediocrity

YOURCAST

Just added our podcast to the "YOURCAST" page yesterday with the $5 a month deal. I have noticed a little bump in downloads in the last 24 hours (maybe 100+/-). Which is not substantial, but not bad for $5 a month. I was just wondering if any other podcasts have had similar results or better? Have you noticed if your listing has provided a consistent stream of new traffic? Did you get better results from getting one of the more expensive deals?
Thanks,
Mark

So, what ever small boost in DLs I got from this listing seems to have died off after a couple days. Gonna see if I can change my clip and show description and see if that helps. I think it would also help if the podcast listing rotated so that the podcasts that signed up later on will not always be stuck down at the bottom of the page. Also, if there were more links on the home page, like a banner ad that shows the logo of a featured podcast that links back to the listings. Just something more eye catching and attractive than a small grey tab in the menu bar.

Hopefully someone else will comment on this thread so that I will not have to continue talking to myself.

Mark

Hey Delicious! You may not see a bump direct result as far as downloads go, but you will most certainly increase your over all web presence and search engine ranking. Earwolf is an authoritative site on podcasts, etc so a link to your page increases your own page rank. Overtime this will pay off for you for sure. Unless Earwolf has done something sneaky like put "do not follow" tags in those links to prevent the search engine spiders from crawling that page. Listen to me Chris Hardwicking it up in this comment.

Hey Delicious! You may not see a bump direct result as far as downloads go, but you will most certainly increase your over all web presence and search engine ranking. Earwolf is an authoritative site on podcasts, etc so a link to your page increases your own page rank. Overtime this will pay off for you for sure. Unless Earwolf has done something sneaky like put "do not follow" tags in those links to prevent the search engine spiders from crawling that page. Listen to me Chris Hardwicking it up in this comment.

Would any Yourcast show like to be on The Wolf Den, recording Monday at 3:30pm PST? Email thewolfden at earwolf.com if interested.

Hey! People actually posted on this thread! Chris Taylor contacted us and started a Face Book page for shows listed on the YourCast page called "Your Cast United". https://www.facebook.com/pages/Yourcast-United/266495473390994 Go check it out and like it! Chris is trying to get fellow podcasters on this listing to promote each others shows. It's a great idea and I think we should all be a part of it.

I almost gave up on this thread, so I hope people keep posting on it, and I'll check back more often.

-Mark

www.deliciousmediocrity.com
deliciousmediocrity@gmail.com

Sign in to follow this