🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 - The Childhood Home of Fred Rogers (w/ Kathryn Borel, Hal Lublin, Jennifer Marie Kelley, Mary Sohn)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone on the spot to this week’s episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is writer/author Kathryn Borel! They chat about who played the role of Kathryn's high school mentor, how Canada is forced to notice what happens in the United States, and the shame that comes with pronouncing words in public incorrectly. Paul is then joined by Hal Lublin, Jennifer Marie Kelley, and Mary Sohn, to improvise a story set in The Childhood Home of Fred Rogers. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

SAN FRANCISCO! Spontaneanation Live returns to SF Sketchfest on January 14th! With Eugene Cordero, Tawny Newsome & Little Janet Varney, plus a very special guest. Tickets are almost gone, so get yours NOW! http://bit.ly/SFSFSPONT17

I envy past Paul who can still wake up from that particular nightmare...

It's true, the Canada is a big fan of PFT!

It's fun hearing spouses or significant others on podcasts, you get to see what their dynamic is like. I've heard Hal mention Carter Parton-Rogers so many times and never knew she wasn't a real person, how embarrassing!

I never knew Mr. Rogers's origin story was something I needed in my life. It was hilarious and adorable!

• Like 1

Epi-tome sounds like it's a small sequel to a large book, like an epilogue.

When I was a junior in high school, our English teacher assigned roles us from King Lear to read in front of the class. I remember reading tithing as 'tit-hing' :blush:

But I guess that's karma for laughing at my 8th grade classmate who was reading a part from Anne Frank's diary and read 'tidy' as 'titty'

• Like 2

Glad we got to the bottom of Hal's absence, one of my favorite performers hope we get to see him much more now!

Despite the fact that I was a Literature major, I continued to believe that the (decidedly singular) German author Goethe was actually two different people until well after I had graduated from college. In my mind, one of these people was a prominent German author whose name was pronounced "Gerta" (roughly the way that this name is correctly pronounced) and the other of whom was a different famed German author with a name pronounced something like "Goath" (which was based solely on my reading of the written word). This idea went relatively unexamined in my mind until one day when I realized that these two people were somehow credited with writing the same piece of literature.

Even though that one is a little obscure, still to this day just thinking about it elicits in me a genuine sense of shame.

• Like 1

I cannot download this episode from earwolf site or from soundcloud directly. I get a 36 kb file. It has been like this since Monday. I don't have issues downloading other shows or episodes. This shows RSS feed also seems to not show a proper web page.

Sign in to follow this