🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
melonwater

FINAL DESTINATION 5

It's unfortunately making a lot of money. It's just waiting for you guys... Please don't let it down. There's a scene involving an eyeball... I won't say much more.

I finally saw this today. These movies are just straight-up comedies now.

• Like 1

This is straight to dvd, right? Redbox has been blowing my mind lately; I had no idea they were still making Scream movies. There are seven Saw films. I guess horror movies as franchises have been a thing since the early 80s, but Nightmare on Elm Street wasn't exactly great by sequel number four, either. Jesus, just wait until we get a Scream remake/reboot in a few years. Pop culture, pooping back and forth, forever.

This one was actually pretty great and probably the best in the series. It was the FOURTH one that felt totally straight-to-video, the one with the crash at the NASCAR race. I forget which thread it was on here, but I remember a couple of us went waaaaaayyy off topic and talked about the "Final Destination" flicks for a while.

This one was actually pretty great and probably the best in the series. It was the FOURTH one that felt totally straight-to-video, the one with the crash at the NASCAR race. I forget which thread it was on here, but I remember a couple of us went waaaaaayyy off topic and talked about the "Final Destination" flicks for a while.

Yeah, I seem to remember this coming up before. It's still pretty bad, though. The fact that it's a prequel did kind of blow my mind. I mean, was anyone really clamoring for a FD prequel?

Yeah, I seem to remember this coming up before. It's still pretty bad, though. The fact that it's a prequel did kind of blow my mind. I mean, was anyone really clamoring for a FD prequel?

That was a pretty good twist though, that it brought it back around to the beginning, putting a more interesting spin on the "Oh good, we messed up Death's design, we're totally saHOLYFUCKINGSHITWHATSTHAT*splat*" endings that the series is known for. In a way, I guess it makes the 4th one even more miserable, because chronologically speaking, it is THE Final Destination like the title says. But really, THAT one is full of stuff like someone dying horribly followed by the girlfriend/boyfriend/whoever seemingly forgetting about it all and going shopping or going to the movies in the very next scene.

Baby Tom Cruise was absolutely abysmal in the movie, one of the worst acting performances I have ever seen. Although I did like how they had the characters attempting to kill each other in order to change the deaths plan, or whatever BS they gave us. That and the prequel twist was kind of cool, even though I saw it coming midway through the movie.

Oh and you can't forget Tony Todd; he is just a scary person, with an awesome voice for any horror movie.

It's totally come up before and I can't remember where. Because I remember talking about how Final Destination and Saw are my favorite franchises and that I own all of them and watch them every october...blah blah blah.

But I stood and clapped at the end of this one. I was PSYCHED. 3 was when things started going sour and 4 was suuuuch a disappointment that I honestly loved this one because it returned to the original formula and the twist made my nerd heart soar.

It's totally come up before and I can't remember where. Because I remember talking about how Final Destination and Saw are my favorite franchises and that I own all of them and watch them every october...blah blah blah.

But I stood and clapped at the end of this one. I was PSYCHED. 3 was when things started going sour and 4 was suuuuch a disappointment that I honestly loved this one because it returned to the original formula and the twist made my nerd heart soar.

And then we also got to revisit all of the kills of the series in glorious 3D to the tune of AC/DC during the end credits!

I think all of the movies in this series are prime candidates for HDTGM. Just some of the dumbest movies ever made, seriously.

Sign in to follow this