🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
juggernaut

Surviving The Game (1994)

Yes, this would be an excellent movie. Gary Busey is definitely my favorite part, and inserts his own little craziness throughout. I had to take a picture of an insane facial expression he makes shortly after you first see him (i fucked up the one second :P so just ignore that)
[attachment=6584,143]

Yes, this would be an excellent movie. Gary Busey is definitely my favorite part, and inserts his own little craziness throughout. I had to take a picture of an insane facial expression he makes shortly after you first see him (i fucked up the one second :P so just ignore that)
[attachment=6584,143]

THIS MOVIE IS TOTALLY ON NETFLIX INSTANT NOW Y'ALL

My boyfriend works at a quirky movie theatre that makes their own pre-show reels, which are random clips of whatever that somehow cleverly apply to the movie you're about to watch. And they played this trailer before Hunger Games and I was in shock that it was real.

HDTGM should do this, and have PFT come on as Ice-T

I can't believe I didn't watch the trailer until now. Man, this looks cray-zay.

I especially love that the announcer came out of nowhere near the end, that the original post didn't even mention F. Murray Abraham, and that apparently Ernest Dickerson was a big enough name director to be mentioned in the trailer.

Look, this movie has an Oscar winner in it. It clearly falls in the "frickin awesome" movie category moreso than the "Bad" territory. It has Roc in it. Ice-T. I implore the powers that be to consider it.

I loved watching this movie as a kid for how insane it was. Heads in jars, F. Murray Abraham on his continued downfall after winning an Oscar, Gary Busey being Gary Busey, and so much more. The only unfortunate thing is that

**Spoiler for a nearly 20 year old movie**

Gary Busey is the first of the hunters to die, leaving us robbed of more insanity.

SURVIVING THE GAME (1994)

From IMDB:

A homeless man is hired as a survival guide for a group of wealthy businessmen on a hunting trip in the mountains, unaware that they are killers who hunt humans for sport, and that he is their new prey.

The cast:

Kindly, philanthropic, unwitting homeless guy: Ice-T

Insane, human hunting, wealthy business men: Rutger Hauer, Charles S. Dutton, Gary Busey, F. Murray Abraham, John C. McGinley, William McNamara, Jeff Corey, Richard Blackwell

Please. I beg of you. Whoever is reading this. Watch it.

we need to get this movie done on HDTGM. Vote it up on FYI. Next level bonkers, I wonder if you could get IceT to even come aboard for the pod. It's a perfect mix of "so bad it's so good" and "so good it's so good"

The only other crazy movie I would recommend for Ice-T outside of Tank Girl is a movie he did called Mean Guns. It stars him and Christopher Lambert where gangsters are locked in a prison and forced to kill each other, sort of like an adult Battle Royale, with the killings being done to a mambo soundtrack.

Adding my voice to the chorus--

. Its been a favorite bad movie of mine for a while. They filmed this in my hometown, which they hilariously try to pass off as Seattle (they also try to pass off the Philadelphia skyline as Seattle). I still have a production jacket with the people-hunting company's logo on the back.

StG bursts with some fierce scenery-chewing monologues. And this cast is stacked--John C. McGinley, Rutger Hauer, Charles S. Dutton (actually convicted of manslaughter), Ice-T, and F. Murray Abraham. But the crown jewel is Gary Busey's "Prince Henry Stout" speech. Busey claims that the speech was mostly improv. I can't tell how much of it is. Regardless, it is Busey's own "Tears in the Rain" monologue. Required viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YwEArrXNnI

I just saw this yesterday and I LOVED it.

It's like Predator but Ice-T is the predator and he's a homeless guy who you're rooting for and MAN that supporting cast is like the ultimate character actor wishlist.