🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 151 - The 2nd Annual HOWDIES Pt. 1

Walk the red carpet along with Paul, June, and Jason for the 2nd ANNUAL HOWDIES!!! They’ll be giving recognition for Best Paul Intro Line to Best June Theory and everything in between from Gooby to The Boy Next Door. Tune in to find out who will win and stay tuned for Part 2 coming soon!

and don't forget my games site for the howdies ... please don't forget my games site ... things like this always start of like a good idea but half way through i always end up cursing myself ... just click on the banner

149nu5f.jpg

best viewed on a computer. still cant figure out the whole tablet/phone problems ... anyway, enjoy

• Like 6

I didn't think anything would come close to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin referring to sex as "Bom-Chicka-Wah-Wah" (although, he pronounced it as "Bew-babah-Bew-Bew") as the funniest thing I heard on a podcast this week, but this came VERY close to it.

Dammit, I'm giggling again just thinking about that.

• Like 3

i really enjoyed hearing paul, june and jason bounce of each other like that. ive heard/read paul say that the idea for the podcast came as the three of them were sitting around talking about old dogs ... this is what i imagine that conversation was like... it's just fun to hear funny people making each other laugh. id honestly listen to the three of them just talk about the weather ...

ohhh .. new podcast idea ... "how was your week?" .. paul, june and jason just sitting at the breakfast table on a sunday morning having a laugh at lifes ups and downs ... maybe some weeks, just for fun, paul could chase jason around the kitchen with some eggs as june sets the world straight with her beautiful take on everything

• Like 4

I love how game June is to make fun of herself. And you know it's going to be good when Jason starts to wheeze laugh.

• Like 6

Guys, what if this whole PODCAST has been Jason's "Jacob's Ladder" scenario?!

I believe that about all of our lives, we're just Jason's dying delusions.

Listening now, The pitch for Zardoz got robbed for Best Metaphor/Simile. That one was amazing.

• Like 2

I love how game June is to make fun of herself. And you know it's going to be good when Jason starts to wheeze laugh.

Jason's wheeze laugh can be compared to flowers blossoming in the spring and kittens purring.

• Like 10

Listening to June's theories, and knowing for sure that she immediately forgets all of the movies after watching them, like Guy Pearce in Memento, puts such an amazeballs spim on all of her appearances.

And "I'm very scared of mirages, in general." Possibly the line of the entire series.

the howdies are here! ... the howdies are here! ...

2jfknt3.jpg

Dude, they used this on the Facebook page! Firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, Did you make this?

• Like 1

Dude, they used this on the Facebook page! Firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, Did you make this?

I genuinely had to look at that 'Junior' image at the bottom of the montage several times, so weird did it look to me without Scheer, Zouks, and June's faces on those bodies.

• Like 6

i really enjoyed hearing paul, june and jason bounce of each other like that. ive heard/read paul say that the idea for the podcast came as the three of them were sitting around talking about old dogs ... this is what i imagine that conversation was like... it's just fun to hear funny people making each other laugh. id honestly listen to the three of them just talk about the weather ...

This is part of why studio eps are my favorite. I love nothing more than listening to the three of them just talking and goofing around as friends.

• Like 5

post-60436-Statler-Waldorf-laughing-bravo-plN1.gif

Great episode! I'm looking forward to the next one. Although, I think Jason got robbed in the "One-Liners" category. That, "You said it perfectly: 'aggresively'" is still one of my favorite off the cuff moments. I think this whole goddamn thing might be rigged...

...Motherfucking, Putin.

putin-sucks-movie-2.gif

• Like 4

June may not remember the movies, but Paul seems to have trouble remembering who discussed a movie with him. During the death award, he says June was there for all of the episodes but she was only actually there for "Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor". And I would argue that June shouldn't remember a lame death from that movie because IT NEVER HAPPENED.. She got HIV. But people can live a long time with HIV. Can we C&O the Howdys?

Also he didn't know that neither June nor Jason was there for "Glitter."

I'm a bit upset by this because it seems like Paul just churns out these podcasts and doesn't remember what happened. *sniffle* I thought he cared about us. But maybe this is how he saves brainspace, like June.

• Like 4

This is part of why studio eps are my favorite. I love nothing more than listening to the three of them just talking and goofing around as friends.

That's why I love it too.

Sometimes with the live episodes, they kind of move a little too far into performance, as opposed to a few people shooting the shit about a dumb movie. Especially with some of the guests who play way too hard to the audience, which kind of derails it all. The best guest for a live epsiode (for me) was Nicole Byer on the Bloodsport episode, but I'm biased because I LOVE Bloodsport, but that episode stayed on track, she stuck to the movie, and was complimented by the live aspect, as opposed to dominated by it.

With the studio episodes, you can't get much better, there's little distraction, they just talk about dumb movies, and it's perfect.

• Like 1

Did you make this?

yeah ... it's been sitting on my desktop since may ... i thought the howdies would be ages ago ... but they were worth waiting for.

i heard they are remaking ducktales with an incredible new cast but after listening to part one of the howdies i think HDTGM need to cast a remake of the wacky races .. paul as dastardly, june as penelope and jason has the perfect laugh for ...

• Like 5

...you know it's going to be good when Jason starts to wheeze laugh.

Jason's wheeze laugh can be compared to flowers blossoming in the spring and kittens purring.

I should have known this would already be a discussion, but I was jumping on to say Jason's BB8 wheeze laugh should have at least been nominated for a Pete Holmes award.

• Like 4

just started listening to the show, if there is not a best achievement in hair special effects I am going to be pissed.

wr682.jpg

Mind you we all know who the winner would be.

25guw7s.jpg

Maybe next year,

So far I love the Jacob's ladder music at 19:22 min mark is too much.

when ever you see snowman tearring you apart and you think they are out to get you, just remember that they are freeing you sole, and really they are just angels freeing you from your soul.

• Like 2