🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ptricks

Surf Ninjas (1993)

last year i went on a drinking excursion to san diego with a college buddy of mine. we got drunk at the palm beach shore club and then walked out on to crystal pier to watch the surfers. this one surfer wasn't doing shit, he was just sitting on his board. so i yelled at him "you've never surfed a day in your life!" in my mind he was rob schneider's poser surfer character.

i do love this movie but personally i think there are other movies i'd rather see done on HDTGM. i prefer the actual attempts at hollywood blockbusters that fail and end up having incomprehensible plots due to poor editing. i find that more interesting. let's face it, at the end of the day surf ninjas was a kids movie and i think we can all agree that it's not a bad film. but hey maybe it will be enjoyable for the hosts they deserve a good one every now and then, right?

• Like 1

"What if HDTGM watched and talked about Surf Ninjas?" - Rob Schneider, as Iggy

You're welcome.

• Like 1

this one surfer wasn't doing shit, he was just sitting on his board. so i yelled at him "you've never surfed a day in your life!" in my mind he was rob schneider's poser surfer character.

Was he black by any chance? Because I have it on good authority that bruthas don't surf.

Wow... that trailer was just... Ouch...

Also, can we all agree the Game Gear was just not a good system?

I can't believe that nobody has talked about Rob Schneider's stupid orange hair yet.

The scene where Leslie Nielsen is threatening people with an electric bread knife alone makes it necessary for this movie to be discussed.

Wait, this is tagged with "nin" is there some Nine Inch Nails tie to Surf Ninjas that I am unaware of? Did Trent Reznor get his start with movie scoring with this movie?

Wait, this is tagged with "nin" is there some Nine Inch Nails tie to Surf Ninjas that I am unaware of? Did Trent Reznor get his start with movie scoring with this movie?

Silly Lando! I'm sure he got his film start with "Prayer of the Rollerboys"!

• Like 2

This needs to happen ASAP. Point Break + 3 Ninjas + Leslie Nielsen = GOLD. (not 24k, but like pretty good karats.) JK, it's probably plated. BUT STILL.

SURF NINJAS.

I like this movie for the podcast mostly because it's just fun to watch. It's a stupid movie, but anybody can sit through the whole thing and not want to gouge their own eyes out like a lot of the picks. There's plenty of material here, too.

I sincerely hope that the gang considers this for an episode. It's like Tmnt 2 and street fighter had a crack baby. Ernie Reyes Jr., Leslie Nielsen, rob Schneider, and tone loc mixing martial arts with surf culture...plus a kid predicting the future with game boy. How could you go wrong?! Kwansu dudes!!!!!

My favorite scene as a kid was the phenomenal use of chopsticks. Amazing.

Plus, the gang's already done Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: Secret of the Ooze, this is the next logical movie in the Ernie Reyes Jr line. After that, Paper Dragons.

<p>YES! Lesley Nelson as the villain and the plot moved along by a SEGA Game Gear.</p>

Yep, absolutely amazing how bad this movie was. And if his swag predicted the future, why the hell were they caught by the bad guys so many times?

Giving this thread a bump, HDTGM must cover this film.

Remember: "Money can't buy knives!"

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE feature this movie!!! This movie is nuts from start to finish...gotta love that Barbara Ann performance!

Was it surf ninjas or three ninjas where they teach the island people how to make surfboards and hundreds of them paddle to the next island over? Three ninjas: high noon at mega mountain is all star Hulk Hogan and Jim Varney:)

Was it surf ninjas or three ninjas where they teach the island people how to make surfboards and hundreds of them paddle to the next island over? Three ninjas: high noon at mega mountain is all star Hulk Hogan and Jim Varney:)

There was no surfing in the first "Three Ninjas" movie that I can remember.

There was no sufing in Three Ninjas but there were three surfer henchman which was a weird choice. High Noon at Mega Mountain also had some fucking questionable choices in henchmen.

Sign in to follow this