🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ptricks

Surf Ninjas (1993)

The only movie where Rob Schneider is the tallest cast member... mid nineties gold

• Like 2

YES! Lesley Nelson as the villain and the plot moved along by a SEGA Game Gear.

It's called a Game Gear, get it right! :D

Anyway, I used to watch this movie all the time as a kid; I was just the right age to like it and not realize it was terrible. Sure, now I know it to be a piece of crap, so I view it with a strange combined sense of nostalgia and unbridled hate.

It's called a Game Gear, get it right! :D

Anyway, I used to watch this movie all the time as a kid; I was just the right age to like it and not realize it was terrible. Sure, now I know it to be a piece of crap, so I view it with a strange combined sense of nostalgia and unbridled hate.

I think that is true of a lot of movies, as kids we watch crap and like it. My teacher friend says kids these days love the worst movies.

I have family in Hermosa Beach, California, which had it's fair share of film and TV projects filmed there, and I remember my cousin telling me a "Surf Ninjas" story about how Tone Loc sort of got reprimanded for sharing his Twizzlers with the kids that were hanging around the set because the budget on the movie was THAT low.

• Like 1

I loved this movie growing up! I haven't thought about it in years though.

Moto Surf!

I think that is true of a lot of movies, as kids we watch crap and like it. My teacher friend says kids these days love the worst movies.

Agreed, it's just that this one has Tone Loc, Leslie Nielsen as a samurai armor-wearing villain, and the reoccurring musical theme of fucking "Barbara Ann" by the Beach Boys... because that's what The Kids were listening to in Southern California in the early 1990s. Hence, perfect for this podcast.

And it's a shame we'll never see the planned sequel, in which the Surf Ninjas square off against the Surf Nazis.

(I made that up.)

• Like 1

And it's a shame we'll never see the planned sequel, in which the Surf Ninjas square off against the Surf Nazis.

(I made that up.)

If you remembered your WWII history, you'd know that the Surf Ninjas and Surf Nazis were allies, and that they were both coming after US! Surf Ninjas vs. Surf Nazis would just be silly and historically inaccurate!

• Like 1

Surf Ninjas is classic HDTGM. two exiled young boys living in Cali but are from a madeup island get kidnapped(aka coaxed) into returning to their homeland to usurp the current dictator/ruler of their country. The boys are told of their heritage by their royal heritage by their bodyguard/stalker. for some reason a black american cop accompanies them. along with their idiotic moron friend. I strongly reccomend this movie.

If there's another thread for this movie it doesn't come up with a search.

Anyway, please do this movie. One of my friends was in it, he played Adam, the kid with the future-telling Game Gear. Not kidding. So I would get an extra kick out of it. Who knows, if he'd be up for it maybe I could put you in touch with him and he could be on the show.

One of my friends was in it, he played Adam, the kid with the future-telling Game Gear. Not kidding.

I knew you weren't kidding cause you didn't say "Psyche!"

If there's another thread for this movie it doesn't come up with a search.

Anyway, please do this movie. One of my friends was in it, he played Adam, the kid with the future-telling Game Gear. Not kidding. So I would get an extra kick out of it. Who knows, if he'd be up for it maybe I could put you in touch with him and he could be on the show.

Wouldn't the future-telling Game Gear have been able to know that there WAS no future for the Game Gear? It's like one of those "be careful what you wish for" situations, like those poor, poor cyclops...es from "Krull".

• Like 1

I knew you weren't kidding cause you didn't say "Psyche!"

If I was kidding I would've said "Sike!"

If I was kidding I would've said "Sike!"

Sike! He was actually talking about Psyche, the Marvel Comics character also know as Mirage (born Danielle "Dani" Moonstar).

tumblr_mcrlvq50Ft1ra4cwao1_500.jpg

#DeepCut

um, i actually own this movie on DVD. because it's fucking awesome.

kwan-soo, dude!!!

Sike! He was actually talking about Psyche, the Marvel Comics character also know as Mirage (born Danielle "Dani" Moonstar).

tumblr_mcrlvq50Ft1ra4cwao1_500.jpg

#DeepCut

Never heard of her. SIKE! Of course I know about Psyche! I gotta go though, my favorite show is on, PSYCH!

• Like 1

Oh god this movie needs to be done. It's so perfect and there are some randomly legit funny moments in it. It is probably Rob Schneider's best movie and as people mentioned, Game Gear and Barbara Anne are huge plot points. Tone Loc is awesome in it, too. Money can't buy knives.

owned a game gear + and this game and just because i know everyone is wondering no they are not for sale

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this