🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Best of 2016 Pt. 1

Another year, another special Comedy Bang! Bang! Best of Countdown with Scott and Paul F. Tompkins. Scott and PFT countdown numbers fifteen through twelve of the Best CBB episodes of 2016 and number four of the Best CBB Live episodes of 2016 as voted by YOU listeners. Stay tuned for Pt. 2!

• Like 1

I can't believe it's already that time of the year again! This was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon at 3 in the morning after a night of heavy drinking.

The Original Jackson 5 & a Baby is a movie I want to see. I also wish PFT and Scott had kept those awful French accents for more than two seconds. And wow they jumped into that Cantina song quicker than expected.

• Like 5

Each year I tell my family that seeing them happy together is the best part of the holidays, but it's really the CBB Best Ofs, and not my stupid family.

• Like 13

Looks like the CBB Tour, ending the CBB TV Show, and recording all of these podcasts really took it's toll on Scotty Boy this year

bZxgAqT.png

• Like 10

Speaking of "traditions are made to be broken", here's to hoping that the Ben Schwartz/Horatio Sanz annual doesn't continue in 2017. I just can't get into Schwartz. Maybe I'm a big Scroogey McWetblanket, or even Scroogey McPoopypants, but that was an unfortunate beginning to one of my favorite shows of the year. At least that means it's out of the way...although I know there's still a solo bolo lurking...

• Like 1

Speaking of "traditions are made to be broken", here's to hoping that the Ben Schwartz/Horatio Sanz annual doesn't continue in 2017. I just can't get into Schwartz. Maybe I'm a big Scroogey McWetblanket, or even Scroogey McPoopypants, but that was an unfortunate beginning to one of my favorite shows of the year. At least that means it's out of the way...although I know there's still a solo bolo lurking...

bah humbug scrooge!

I can understand not loving the solo bolos, can't understand disliking Benny/Rog' episodes. I can understand it I guess, but I can't understand liking other CBB and disliking those. Horatio is usually at the top of his game, and they get into such random weirdness/absurdity in the opening segment that they're almost always some of my favorite episodes.

Diff'rent strokes I guess, is a show, that happened

• Like 2

bah humbug scrooge!

I can understand not loving the solo bolos, can't understand disliking Benny/Rog' episodes. I can understand it I guess, but I can't understand liking other CBB and disliking those. Horatio is usually at the top of his game, and they get into such random weirdness/absurdity in the opening segment that they're almost always some of my favorite episodes.

Diff'rent strokes I guess, is a show, that happened

I went back and listened to this particular episode again, and nothing. These guys are nowhere near the caliber of Andy Daly, John Daly, PFT, Nick Kroll, etc. The only thing I like about Schwartz shows is how excited Scott gets and how he really cuts loose. And maybe I'm not a fan of Horatio, because I didn't like him on SNL.

Otherwise, largely forgettable for me, though I can see why some might like them.

I just wish this Paul Thomas guy was on more often instead of just these end of year things, he's pretty funny whoever he his.

• Like 5

I just wish this Paul Thomas guy was on more often instead of just these end of year things, he's pretty funny whoever he his.

Agreed. More of him and Jeffrey Characterwheaties, the actor who portrays Zouks. These guys deserve more airtime.

• Like 2

I went back and listened to this particular episode again, and nothing. These guys are nowhere near the caliber of Andy Daly, John Daly, PFT, Nick Kroll, etc. The only thing I like about Schwartz shows is how excited Scott gets and how he really cuts loose. And maybe I'm not a fan of Horatio, because I didn't like him on SNL.

Otherwise, largely forgettable for me, though I can see why some might like them.

If you can see why some people like them, why do you hope they go away? Just because that way you won't have to just skip something you don't like? What a weird way to go through life.

I am pleased as punch that Jessica McKenna's second outing as Beth made the Best Ofs just because of those freestyle rap skills.

• Like 10

Rest in power was started by the black community. It became a sort of an empowering statement after the unjust killings of Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, etc. Something to lift up the names in a way.

• Like 2

If you can see why some people like them, why do you hope they go away? Just because that way you won't have to just skip something you don't like? What a weird way to go through life.

You should get a little more bent out of shape over a benign internet forum comment. Happy holidays!

Rest in power was started by the black community. It became a sort of an empowering statement after the unjust killings of Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, etc. Something to lift up the names in a way.

Best 1st Post!

• Like 2

And by checking the episode photo's exif info, it seems that these Best Of's were recorded on the same day as the Holiday Spectacular. That's a whole lot of podcasting on one day, can't wait for the fever dream that is the last best of!

• Like 3

Not to pry, but when Scott says some horrible things happen to him this year, is he just talking about CBB getting cancelled? I sincerely hope that's the case and its not something more serious. Like something to do with his family or Kulap or something.

ETA: I just remembered that Rocky died.

• Like 3

Best 1st Post!

I know! I loved the episode, but that part was kind of bugging me. I'm here now though and I am ready to type out as many Heynogmans as I can.

• Like 4

You should get a little more bent out of shape over a benign internet forum comment. Happy holidays!

Wait. You come here to complain about two performers you don't like, but people responding to it are the ones getting bent out of shape? Again, weird way to go through life.

• Like 1

Wait. You come here to complain about two performers you don't like, but people responding to it are the ones getting bent out of shape? Again, weird way to go through life.

You're awfully worked up over my very benign "complaining", which wasn't much of a complaint at all. Are you Ben or Horacio? That would explain your displeasure. Happy holidays!

Not to pry, but when Scott says some horrible things happen to him this year, is he just talking about CBB getting cancelled? I sincerely hope that's the case and its not something more serious. Like something to do with his family or Kulap or something.

ETA: I just remembered that Rocky died.

Kulap's mom also had a serious health scare maybe 2 months ago.

Can I nominate Scott's scream in response to "behinnnnd the paywalllllll" as my favorite moment of 2016. I must have hit the 15 seconds back button 20+ times.

• Like 7

Kulap's mom also had a serious health scare maybe 2 months ago.

Hopefully she's better. Do Scott and Kulap have human children? Losing Rocky had to be really hard. I think he was on the TV show!

At any rate, it's great to hear Scott laugh, especially if he's had a tough few months.