🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Bucho

Full Episodes Of The Contestant Shows

Pop quiz Wolfpals/Wolfgangstas -
1. How many of these contestant shows had you heard of before The Earwolf Challenge launched?
2. How many were you a regular listener to?
3. Has discovering any of these shows through The Earwolf Challenge lead you to check out a full episode of one or more of the contestants?
4. What was your impression of the first full episode you heard?
5. Did you enjoy it enough for it convince you to become a regular listener? If so, do you remember (roughly) how far into the episode you made it before you were hooked?
6. Do you think the contestant has done a good job in choosing their short Earwolf Challenge clips as an accurate representation of their show?

1) One, "Beginnings," because they'd had Jon Wurster on once.
2) Zero
3) No, I'm waiting until after the Challenge is through.
4) n/a
5) n/a
6) n/a

1) I had listened to a couple Totally Laimes and downloaded the Complete guide to everything, but I don't think I got around to listening yet.
2) None
3) I got Little Dum Dums, and the F+, both of which I like quite a bit. I'm going to be digging into the other shows eventually as well
4) Totally Laime I listened to the PFT episode, which was great, but that seems kind of unfair to judge (PFT is like podcast steroids, you have to put an asterisk). That being said, I'm going to go back to it. F+ I like a lot, Little Dum Dum club I like a lot but I've only listened to the American comic episodes so far. They seem like they know what they're doing though so I'm sure it'll still be good.
5) I'm not a "Regular" listener to any of them, probably because I'm trying to sample too many podcasts at once!
6) I think of the ones I've listened to, the F+ has had the hardest time getting their concept across in clips, but the other shows are all chat based, so I feel it's pretty easy since the format is familiar.

I really think any of the shows would be good. There's a couple I could tell weren't to my particular taste, but I think the producers did a great job only getting podcasts that have pretty high potential.

1. The only one I knew of before the Challenge began was TOTALLY LAIME, which I'd discovered because they'd cunningly invited Jesse Thorn on their show and I was stalking him.

2. None.

3. Checked out 4 full eps each of TOTALLY LAIME, LITTLE DUM DUM CLUB, BOB & DAN CAST and THE F PLUS and two of LEFT HANDED RADIO and BEGINNINGS.

4. TL and LDDC - Ok but forgettable. B&D - Made me laugh and curious to hear more. F+ - Creeped me out and made me laugh. LHR - About 75% really funny, clever sketches, 25% honest efforts that didn't land. BEGINNINGS - Bad sound but good conversation.

5. I now listen regularly to LEFT HANDED RADIO and was hooked by 5 minutes in. BOB & DAN, F PLUS and BEGINNINGS I listen to on and off.

6. TL, LDDC and LHR did. B&D and F PLUS not so much. BEGINNINGS never got out of the starting blocks.

1. The only one I knew of before the Challenge began was TOTALLY LAIME, which I'd discovered because they'd cunningly invited Jesse Thorn on their show and I was stalking him.

2. None.

3. Checked out 4 full eps each of TOTALLY LAIME, LITTLE DUM DUM CLUB, BOB & DAN CAST and THE F PLUS and two of LEFT HANDED RADIO and BEGINNINGS.

4. TL and LDDC - Ok but forgettable. B&D - Made me laugh and curious to hear more. F+ - Creeped me out and made me laugh. LHR - About 75% really funny, clever sketches, 25% honest efforts that didn't land. BEGINNINGS - Bad sound but good conversation.

5. I now listen regularly to LEFT HANDED RADIO and was hooked by 5 minutes in. BOB & DAN, F PLUS and BEGINNINGS I listen to on and off.

6. TL, LDDC and LHR did. B&D and F PLUS not so much. BEGINNINGS never got out of the starting blocks.

Have already blown through the LHR backlog and am rapidly doing the same with F+.

I gave TL several chances, but it's simply not unique or hilarious enough to make my rotation, and I have a BIG rotation.

LDDC I might listen to occasionally, probably would have made the rotation if it had won.

Have already blown through the LHR backlog and am rapidly doing the same with F+.

I gave TL several chances, but it's simply not unique or hilarious enough to make my rotation, and I have a BIG rotation.

LDDC I might listen to occasionally, probably would have made the rotation if it had won.

Sign in to follow this