Bottom Five

Β 

1) Tarzan

2) X-Men Apocalypse

3) Batman v. Superman

4) Gods of Egypt

5) 5th Wave

Β 

Movies I Want to See, but Haven't Yet (...and Thus Will Probably Render the Aforementioned "Top Ten" List Completely Invalid)

Β 

1) Green Room

2) Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

3) Moana

4) Rogue One

5) Doctor Strange

6) La La Land

7) Sing Street

9) Kubo and the Two Strings

• Like 2

Yaaay so ready for this!

Β 

1. The Invitation

2. Captain Fantastic

3. Hell or High Water

4. Nocturnal Animals

5. Moana

6. Lemonade

7. Tallulah

8. Deadpool

9. Civil War

10. 10 Cloverfield Lane

Β 

Honorable Mentions:

Rogue One

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Don't Breathe

Hello, My Name is Doris

Hush

White Girl

Hamilton's America

Ghostbusters

Arrival

Β 

Bottom Five

1. Suicide Squad

2. Bats v Sups

3. I Dream Too Much

4. The Forest

5. X-Men Apocalypse

Β 

I Need to See but Haven't Yet

1. La La Land

2. Manchester by the Sea

3. Moonlight

4. Fences

5. Jackie

6. Paterson

7. Kubo and the Two Strings

8. Elle

9. Other People

10. Loving

• Like 2

Β 

Bottom Five

1. Bats v Sups

2. Suicide Squad

3. I Dream Too Much

4. The Forest

5. X-Men Apocalypse

Β 

As you know, I don't get out to see movies in the theater, like, ever, so it wasn't like I was going to see Suicide Squad until it was available to rent. The funny thing is, once it was available, it was still something like $5 bucks to rent, and I thought to myself, "You know what? I think I might just Redbox this one. I'm not sure if I want to spring more than a dollar on it..." And now it is available at Redbox, and I'm thinking, "I don't know...do I really want to see this?" I just know it's going to be terrible.

• Like 1

And now it is available at Redbox, and I'm thinking, "I don't know...do I really want to see this?" I just know it's going to be terrible.

It's one of those movies where the more I think about it the stupider it becomes. Here's what I do like about it - Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, and Jai Cortney. That's it.

Β 

I should re-arrange my order cause I think I actually liked BvS more.

• Like 2

In no particular order:

Β 

The Nice Guys

Deadpool

David Brent: Life on the Road

Bleed for This

Bastille Day (now known as "The Take")

Captain America: Civil War

Creed*

The Magnificent Seven

Eddie The Eagle

Ip Man 3

Central Intelligence*

Β 

*Creed was released in the UK in January 2016, so if it's not counted because of it's US release, Central Intelligence takes it's place.

Β 

Bottom Five:

Β 

Bad Neighbours 2: Sorority Rising

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

True Memoirs of an International Assassin

The Do Over

Zoolander 2

Β 

My movie watching tends to be action, comedy, or things I've seen god knows how many times.

• Like 2

Okay since by the end of next week I'll have seen over 600 movies this year I'm doubling my lists. These are in no particular order.

Β 

Top:

Β 

Bone Tomahawk

Deadpool

10 Cloverfield Lane

Hush

Green Room

Captain America: Civil War

The Nice Guys

Kill Your Friends

Keanu

Purge: Election Year

Star Trek Beyond

The Bronze

Mr. Right

Don't Breathe

Blood Father

The Accountant

The Invitation

Arrival

Too Late

Breaking a Monster

Hell Or High Water

Β 

Bottom:

Β 

Joe Dirt 2

#Horror

Regression

Creative Control

Cell

Mojave

Term Life

Ghostbusters

War Dogs

Yoga Hosers

• Like 2

Well, just take my list, tear it up, and throw it straight in the goddamn garbage. Sing Street just took number one. The others can fall where they may...

• Like 1

I just remember two other shitty ones I saw this year: Let's Be Evil and Independence Day: Resurgence.

• Like 1

I guess no one saw Nine Lives. Fantastic reviews.

Β 

"Cats may have nine lives, but you only get one, and it’s too precious to waste on this drivel. You’re better off watching a gif of a cat whose face is stuck in a slice of bread. It will save you $20 and a few hours of your time".

"The only reason this 'comedy' won’t derail Kevin Spacey’s career is no one will ever watch this outside of military interrogation rooms".

• Like 2

I need this weekend to compile and arrange my personal list but meanwhile I suggest that anybody who has not seen Kubo go see it as soon as possible during this holiday break

• Like 2

I need this weekend to compile and arrange my personal list but meanwhile I suggest that anybody who has not seen Kubo go see it as soon as possible during this holiday break

Β 

Co-signed.

• Like 3

I found some free time and here it is...

Β 

My picks for "Top Ten Movies of 2016"... Also: bonus movies, "meh" movies, worst movies and movies I want to see (Via Recomendation or not)

Β 

1. Captain America: Civil War

Β 

2. Train to Busan (Korean Film)

Β 

3. Deadpool

Β 

4. Rogue One

Β 

5. Midnight Special

Β 

6. Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders

Β 

7. Victoria (One continuous un-cut 3-hour shot German/Spanish film from 2015 but I saw it this year)

Β 

8. Kubo and the Two Strings

Β 

9. Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

Β 

10. Anomalisa (This pick is maybe in my list from last year but during my quick skim research it popped up that it was released in 2016 maybe for home video or limited cities and because I liked it so much its my number 10 this year)

Β 

********************************************************************************************************************************************

Β 

Bonus movies that where considered for the top ten in no particular order: Amanda Knox (Documentary), The Accountant, Keanu, The Shallows, POPSTAR: Never Stop Stopping, Swiss Army Man, The Secret Life of Pets, Zero Days (Documentary), Don't Think Twice, Imperium, Star Trek Beyond, Doctor Strange and Hell or High Water.

Β 

Β 

"Meh" Movies: Hardcore Henry (The ending ruined it for me) and Blair Witch (more like BORING jumpscare WITCH 2016 Am I right??? but I did liked the attention to the camera angles and continuty also the 3 Wizard of Oz easter eggs I found)

Β 

Β 

Worst Movies IMHO: Suicide Squad, Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice, Sausage Party, Nerve, Zoolander 2 (AND I LOVE ZOOLANDER 1, Only laughed with Sting's performance though, he is flawless) and Now You See Me 2.

Β 

Β 

"I want to see" List: Arrival, La La Land (Loved Whiplash), Moana, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them, Lion, Nocturnal Animals, The Lobster, Green Room (and Blue Ruin), Army Of One and The Love Witch

• Like 2

Kay saw La La Land and that just threw my whole list into chaos. How dare that shit be so good. How dare it.

• Like 3