🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 119 — Andi Callahan, RN

I am amazed by how great Andy is. My favorite still is # 74 when he's the Irish story teller. The battle between he and Jason over who should read one from the notebook is amazing.

@Luke Oh my god I've listened to that episode many a time. Those limericks were amazing, and the sword-fighting-esque, improv maneuvering Andy Daly did against Scott and Jason was a sightsound to beholdlisten.
Oh, earwolf.

I really loved Gillian's questions in this episode. I think she's been watching a lot of Law & Order. And, of course, I was waiting with bated breath for Andi Callahan's suicidal confession.
Thanks for the plugs love, folks!

I laughed so hard listening to this I had to turn it off because I was in public.
Gillian was a great co host, I’d love to see her on some more shows, especially Who Charted I think she’s be great with Howard and Kulap.

This Andy Daly creation was amazing! I love how he has some stock phrases that all his characters use and the running theme of suicide and the occult.

But I have to say every time I see his name I pray for a return appearance of August Lindt.

Keep up the good work Scotabot!

I am going to commit suicide at the end of this episode... i almost thought he would survive the night. lol. andy daly is great. I am a fan of the Mulatto song of Dewey Cox. Damn funny episode.

Andy Daly sounds a lot like the wife on Bob's Burgers.

Great show though. I LOVE JOKES.

Only one question comes to mind after hearing this episode. What will heaven hold for those unfortunate souls who learned to play the harp while still alive?

eww this episode was gross. all the jokes about old people made me feel sad! judging by all the other comments, i was the only one not ROFLing.

Andy Daly might be my favorite character guest on CBB. My favorite character of his is probably Don DiMello, but this episode was also great. Gillian Jacobs was great too.

If Andy ever gets his own podcast on Earwolf, you should call it "Death Watch."

Wow, Gillian Jacobs really made a brilliant co-host. I hope we can see more guests from Community in the future. Dan Harmon playing 'Would you Rather?' would be amazing.

Let it be known ---- this type of episode always works. Funny fake interview and Andy Daly or someone else absolutely destroying the landscape with virtuosic character performance. Dear lord. This worked. Let us know if you're going to wash the balls of Andy Samberg instead of passing it off as a regular episode. Trust me, it helps when you frame things properly because listeners feel like they're getting deceived.

Loved this episode.

fantastic. It just took a dark turn, but was so funny.
I love how well Gillian fit so seamlessly into the interview. Her question about the accomplice.....I mean assistant was just great.
Also loved the line...."He was a gadfly, he was up for anything".

I thought Gillian was absolutely superb - one of the faster and funnier non-character guests I've heard on CBB - but I wasn't feeling Andi Callahan for the first 30 or so minutes. It just felt somewhat predictable after Pepitone's madness from last week, and I felt like I saw everything coming.
But then about 40 minutes in Callahan says "... at their feet" talking about where he lit the fire which lead to his parents' demise and I lost it. Then I lost it at least half a dozen more times in the back end of the show.
"There's VIRTUALLY nothing to stop you from going into the penguin exhibit."
"... a lot of the rest of what I'm wearing is body paint." (Set up nicely by Gillian stiffling a laugh when he mentioned his thong.)
"... only rape boys."
Etc.

I have a huge soft spot for Gillian. When Community started, I had to figure out where I had seen her familiar, AWESOMELY-EXPRESSIVE face before (turns out it was in the Palahniuk-novel-adapted film 'Choke'), and I've adored her ever since.

Another great interview/goof-around with Gillian was on the 'not exclusively a podcast' podcast The Anytime Show w/Dominic Dierkes (of Derrick Comedy fame), Episode 12.

Wow! This episode was sooo funny! Right off the bat I was impressed with Gillians quick wit and humor and she was entertaining throughout. Andy was superb. He started off kind off slow and mundane but before you knew it you were in unchartered waters, not knowing what to expect next but laughing the whole way. Great episode. One of the best. Please have these 2 back frequently.

Great episode, great guests...Andy Daly is a goddamned genius. There should be a spot for him on Community (with the adorable Gillian). Thanks CBB-Team!

Awesome episode. Andy is brilliant and Scott runs with it. I wonder how much of the back story was improvised and how much was prepared. Did he just come in with a depressing nurse character and then turn him into a killer or was the killer already part of the back story. Great character.

@Johnny Unusual - the former. I may write a blog about this ep, but the basic story is, Andy came in and told us "I'd like to be a nurse who wrote a humor book about his experiences." That's all Gillian and I had to go on, and I think Andy just had the first couple of examples of the book semi-prepared.

• Like 2

Hop Scotcherman, you and Gillian did an amazing job rolling with Andy's twists and turns. I feel like you sometimes don't get the credit for helping guide the improv to an increasingly absurd and funnier place, but often it's your questions and reactions that allow a performer like Andy Daly to really go balls out. Gillian was really game to come along for the ride, I hope she gets to come back as co-host!

Sign in to follow this