🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 152.5 - Minisode 152.5

Well, so much for me wanting to catch up on more of those Howdies eps orz orz

Nice incentive though.

JammerLea, I did re-watch it last night. it's better the second time because you can't take it all in on one sitting. The surf scene is out standing.

Fister Roboto, My reply to that twitter head is, WTF! I guess I'll have to re-watch they live some day.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/...697940215377920

Nice incentive though.

aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

I've been finally getting to movies that are on Amazon Prime and Netflix from old episodes and I AM TOO POOR FOR ANOTHER STREAMING SERVICE

• Like 1

aaron-paul-boo-bitch.gif

I've been finally getting to movies that are on Amazon Prime and Netflix from old episodes and I AM TOO POOR FOR ANOTHER STREAMING SERVICE

To be fair, this was all announced a year and a half ago. Plenty of time to download and save any episodes you wanted...

That's right. I feel like being a dick today...

Dean-smirk.gif

• Like 3

I wasn't here a year and a half ago, so obviously I missed that announcement lol

I totally understand, but yeah, too poor to afford the service. Good luck to earwolf though!

• Like 1

I wasn't here a year and a half ago, so obviously I missed that announcement lol

I totally understand, but yeah, too poor to afford the service. Good luck to earwolf though!

Well, it probably would have been better if this had happened closer to its launch or if a head's up reminder had been sent out, but...what're you gonna do? It's out of their hands.

ETA: I'm seeing a lot of people pissed off about this. Some guy on Reddit was like, "I listen to every episode and this is the first I've heard about it." My advice: stop fast forwarding through the commercials as the Howl App is mentioned on literally every episode. If you had a baby the day this was announced, you'd have a freaking toddler by now!

I get people's aggravation, especially if you can't afford the app, but damn--it's not exactly out of the blue...

• Like 3

Well, it probably would have been better if this had happened closer to its launch or if a head's up reminder had been sent out, but...what're you gonna do? It's out of their hands.

ETA: I'm seeing a lot of people pissed off about this. Some guy on Reddit was like, "I listen to every episode and this is the first I've heard about it." My advice: stop fast forwarding through the commercials as the Howl App is mentioned on literally every episode. If you had a baby the day this was announced, you'd have a freaking toddler by now!

I get people's aggravation, especially if you can't afford the app, but damn--it's not exactly out of the blue...

There's always going to be someone angry about those sorts of changes, but this isn't exactly an uncommon thing with content published online lol

HDTGM is the only earwolf podcast my roommate and I listen to, because we have a love for bad movies. I wonder if it's possible to ask for a way to purchase individual episodes. We were planning to watch Glitter again with a friend sometime and it would've been nice to have her listen to that episode along with it.

• Like 1

To be fair, this was all announced a year and a half ago. Plenty of time to download and save any episodes you wanted...

That's right. I feel like being a dick today...

Dean-smirk.gif

How DARE you remind me of this fact lol

Honestly I'm not mad lol. But this is the only show I even enjoy listening to previous episodes. Sleepaway Camp just doesn't get old.

Such a dick wow gosh lol

• Like 3

taylor anne photo, you got two guys to pick your dream date with.?

is it, Lo Pan loaded with lots of money and likes green eyes.

or is it taco eating dinner, big truck driving snake?

https://twitter.com/...697940215377920

Nice incentive though.

Oh Christ, I've spent the last 3 years or so catching up to back episodes of CBB and HDTGM: I finally got up to date on HDTGM but this change means the middle 200 episodes of CBB are gone to me now. Dammit. I guess I'll just start listening to the new ones, but, still... DAMMIT.

• Like 2

the only earwolf show i listen to is HDTGM so the price of HOWL.fm is abit steep just for 2 episodes a month but at least the new eps are still free. luckily i have all the old eps downloaded. hoarding has it's advantages sometimes. remember the days when you would share stuff with friends like games, videos & music. but i suppose that's frowned upon these days ... there must BE other ways for YOU TU find earlier episodes? that's probably bad form though

• Like 2

Oh Christ, I've spent the last 3 years or so catching up to back episodes of CBB and HDTGM: I finally got up to date on HDTGM but this change means the middle 200 episodes of CBB are gone to me now. Dammit. I guess I'll just start listening to the new ones, but, still... DAMMIT.

what is CBB ? are you watching Celebrity Big Brother 2017 w Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag ?

never paying for podcasts, ever!

• Like 1

Comedy Bang! Bang! But shit, you've just reminded me to set the PVR...

it sort of hit me later that it was Comedy Bang! Bang! LOL

When is Ron Jeremy going to step into the Big Brother UK house.!

Something happen to me with What the truck! wtf podcast, was planing on listening to them all at one point and got greedy and started asking for money and asking me to where I should buy and print my stamps from even if Canada post would not honor them. Fuck you Canada post! I paid good money for those stamps.

• Like 1

Real quick vent: I had what I thought was a pretty good omission for paul-ask, I was so excited to call and left a voicemail. And then they did 2, both of which were kind of silly and not totally relevant. This after I WROTE an omission in the boards (in the days before the voicemail) and without mentioning me by name, they basically said in the mini ep it was dumb and not worth their time (admittedly, it was something a few of us were talking about)

So there's that, and doubting they'll ever do a Denver/CO show but having to listen to awkward live eps...free podcast, I know! And I still love these guys! But man, sometimes I dunno...I get bummed out about stupid stuff.

• Like 2

never paying for podcasts, ever!

Really? I mean, I get it, but I don't mind paying the equivalent of a Starbucks coffee once a month to support Earwolf. I don't even use Howl ( although I'll probably dust it off now...), but I want to make sure the people behind the microphones (I.e. engineers, administrators, support, etc.) are getting paid. Not only do I support Howl, I also support the Maximum Fun network.

I mean, considering the amount of time I spend listening to podcasts, I feel it's the very least I can do. Some weeks I spend more time with Paul, Jason, and June and other podcasters than my own family. And even if all I listened to on Earwolf was HDTGM (which currently is the case) I figure it's no different than if they charged me $1.25 per episode/week which, when I consider the amount of money I spend on worthless bullshit, is a seriously small price to pay. And if you listen to more shows, that price per week goes down even more. Sure it's not free, but neither is rent, power, insurance, etc.

• Like 7

Really? I mean, I get it, but I don't mind paying the equivalent of a Starbucks coffee once a month to support Earwolf. I don't even use Howl

Then your not, end of argument we agree... ;)

I choose not to paid for podcasts and listen to podcast with ads, it sometimes works.

remember the days when you would share stuff with friends like games, videos & music.

I mean, yeah, but it was still kind of illegal then. You know how many floppy disks I had with games that had the "Piracy is a crime" intro? I think Apogee had them in front of every single game they produced. The difference is that it's more easily traceable if they want to enforce it now.

Really? I mean, I get it, but I don't mind paying the equivalent of a Starbucks coffee once a month to support Earwolf. I don't even use Howl ( although I'll probably dust it off now...), but I want to make sure the people behind the microphones (I.e. engineers, administrators, support, etc.) are getting paid. Not only do I support Howl, I also support the Maximum Fun network.

I agree. I don't even use the Widow Howl-App because it was really shitty when it first came out (froze frequently, didn't allow downloading for offline listening, couldn't make playlists), so I still use my other app that's much better. But they've been getting my $5 every month, and it really doesn't bother me because I know it helps support something I really love.

• Like 3

I mean, yeah, but it was still kind of illegal then. You know how many floppy disks I had with games that had the "Piracy is a crime" intro? I think Apogee had them in front of every single game they produced. The difference is that it's more easily traceable if they want to enforce it now.

I agree. I don't even use the Widow Howl-App because it was really shitty when it first came out (froze frequently, didn't allow downloading for offline listening, couldn't make playlists), so I still use my other app that's much better. But they've been getting my $5 every month, and it really doesn't bother me because I know it helps support something I really love.

And not to sound like a shill for Howl, but they have quite a lot of content on it. I mean, Superego? C'mon!

My biggest problem is I listen to so much stuff that I can't keep with what I subscribe to as it is.

DEFINITION

First World prob•lem

Noun

1. What I just described.

• Like 3

Just to jump in, I'm in the boat where HDTGM is the only Earwolf show I actually listen to, so paying full price for one show is irritating to me. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

i know, i was just trying to illustrate a point. horse has bolted and all that.

i was never really a big gamer though but we did have a SNES. the amount of time i spent chasing down my copies of games.... you'd give William super mario kart and a week later he hadn't returned it so you'd call over only for him to tell you he swapped it for FIFA with Joe. then you'd take FIFA off Will and call into Joe only to find out he swapped it for Donkey Kong Country with Rob ... and so on ... and then the parents would moan cause we weren't getting enough fresh air? ... i just spent half a day chasing down Mario Kart mam! and now i'm too tired to even play it .. fun times

but just out of interest ... is the smurfs episode available on HOWL?

• Like 2

but just out of interest ... is the smurfs episode available on HOWL?

Nope. It sure Smurfin' didn't.

tumblr_n0o8vxo4PG1s1oqv9o1_250.gif

(It doesn't look like Green Lantern made it on there either...)

• Like 1