🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 152.5 - Minisode 152.5

and last but definitely not least .. i remember, about half way through my final set of exams in college, i was really really dreading this one exam. i was walking through the campus, dragging my heels. had a bad feeling about it you know? anyway, i had my headphones on as was a customary as i walked to an exam and the music was on shuffle. all the usual tracks of the day were playing and then suddenly this came on. i had completely forgotten it was even on there. i just got a massive smile on my face and, no messing, i walked in the door of the exam hall just as the song reached it's peak ... i was laughing by the time i sat down and i was pumped by the time they handed out the paper ...

i still havent watched escape from LA ... been listening to music all night ... nice way to spend a rainy January 5th

• Like 3

This is getting serious...

oh my god

the thing that saddens me most about the "Worst music video ever" is that I instantly recognize the Chicago skyline lmao

okay before I leave, here's one I still listen to because it's so damn catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3oHpup-pk&t=40s

I'll have a lot to catch up on when I get back.

• Like 3

Fact: it's impossible to listen to any song from La La Land without being happy:

• Like 3

Arnie had some belters in his movies. That's something that needs to come back, Power Ballads at the end of action movies.

• Like 2

Arnie had some belters in his movies. That's something that needs to come back, Power Ballads at the end of action movies.

now look what you started ... i could post pages and pages worth of 90's dance tracks but because you've mentioned it ... warning, you're probably gonna hate this ...

• Like 2

and last but definitely not least .. i remember, about half way through my final set of exams in college, i was really really dreading this one exam. i was walking through the campus, dragging my heels. had a bad feeling about it you know? anyway, i had my headphones on as was a customary as i walked to an exam and the music was on shuffle. all the usual tracks of the day were playing and then suddenly this came on. i had completely forgotten it was even on there. i just got a massive smile on my face and, no messing, i walked in the door of the exam hall just as the song reached it's peak ... i was laughing by the time i sat down and i was pumped by the time they handed out the paper ...

I had a similar experience. In the third year of my PhD I had to write a comprehensive exam which I was given four months to study for - I was given a reading list of 150 plays from Ancient Greek to Contemporary, and had to prepare to write a four-hour exam, three essays, incorporating at least nine plays, no crossover, hitting at least nine eras, etc, etc. It was the hardest I've ever worked on something. Anyway, on the morning of the exam, I'm shitting bricks, knowing that if I failed the exam I might get kicked out of school, and hearing horror stories of all the people who melted down mid exam. I sat down in the exam room and realised I'd forgotten all my pens. So I ran down to the campus bookstore in the basement of the building, bought three new pens, and just as I put my foot on the bottom step to come back up, THIS came on:

Bill Conti lifted me up the stairs, and I sailed into the room, completely confident once more. And I SMASHED the exam. I'll always thank 'Gotta Fly Now' for that moment.

• Like 3

The problem for me is, this thread would reach LOL length if I just kept posting "positive mood songs"

Nothing wrong with that!

Two more!

Positivity: It's like multiple orgasms...for your mind! Think about it!

...over and over and over again...

• Like 4

being 13 years old and seeing some lads from your town rocking out on tv ... seemed like the best thing ever at the time .. if you play this in ireland today to a party full of 30+ year olds the place would go bat shit .. or at least there would be smiles everywhere ... legends!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxmZZBJQAKM

• Like 1

So I spent all day today refreshing my podcast app wondering where the new episode was and only just realized that it is Thursday and not Friday.

I came on the board and saw all the fighting about the paywall and was like, "Oh shit are they putting the new eps on Howl first now?" and I freaked out. But then I saw it says eps will be up for six months before they go behind the paywall. Phew. That seems kind of fair to me. I mean, I don't love it. I've been listening to old episodes over and over again lately. I had a depressive episode in November that hospitalized me. There is something kind of soothing about listening to happy, funny people talk for me. So I'm kind of bummed about my faves going away since insurance stuff is sapping all my funds recently (insurance companies: they all suck!).

But I know other podcasts archive their old episodes (DLM, etc). I've certainly listened to the podcasts enough that I should be paying for them. But I can't right now. So I'll have to listen to the more recent ones or--god forbid--try something new.

My therapist would probably say this is a good challenge for me. :P

ETA: I also had to start group therapy for the first time ever and can also confirm from the "Color of Night" episode that it is nothing like that. So you're welcome on that front.

• Like 8

Here is my contribution to the worst/best music video ever:

I used to have a gif of the guitar flip. I can't find it now. Damnit.

• Like 3

Love and strength to you Elektra! Glad to see you back. Hope things are getting better!

• Like 2

Elektra, I'm sending you a million internet hugs and this gif of a bald baby hugging puppies <3

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Hey speaking of rocky, one way or another I am going to make you all watch this rocky total gym work out system video of a movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-8hOKNbtxg

If you don't have rock solid abs in one months time with this system we will return your money!

Should you still be alive that is, NO questions asked..

call our 1800 number. 1 800 ask paul. <-- notsure if that's the right number.

Ohh speaking of Rocky 4, I found this today good stuff.

• Like 2

Elektra,

To my Internet June, I just wanted to send you an extremely heartfelt, "How are you doing today?"

tumblr_n10rv5YAiW1rjptrbo1_500.gif

• Like 4

Hey everybody!

It's been awhile, but I won't bore you all with the details. I just want to wish everybody a belated holiday greetings and I hope it was a good one. While I'm at it why not throw in a big welcome to the new year.

Secondly as a person who suffers from depression, I just want to send a big internet hug to Elektra.

• Like 8

Also, I'm too late to the party to play any fun forum games this week but I saw this while I was away and thought you guys might enjoy it. Long story short, in Japan the next installment of of The Fast and the Furious series (Wild Speed as it's called here) will be called Ice Break. I can't tell if this is an improvement over The Fate of the Furious or not.

f99cd876e05fc46cb1baa0af2be1e4eaheader.jpg

• Like 4

Elecktra, I haven't gotten to talk with you much, but as another person who fights with depression, I'm sending you more internet hugs and good vibes. It's good to see you back on the forum!

• Like 5

Hey everybody!

It's been awhile, but I won't bore you all with the details. I just want to wish everybody a belated holiday greetings and I hope it was a good one. While I'm at it why not throw in a big welcome to the new year.

Secondly as a person who suffers from depression, I just want to send a big internet hug to Elektra.

Cam Bert and Elektra, are you guys interested in joining us for Musical Mondays? It's open to everyone, of course, but knowing the two of you as well as I do, I thought it might be something you'd be into. If so, let us know so we can add you to the rotation :)

• Like 3