🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 464 - A Ton More Sexy

Boston Powers needs to come back.

I sincerely hope he doesn't, because Seth Meyers did it on a stupid throwaway SNL skit maybe 5 years ago now. The Kings of Catchphrase Comedy I think it was called

• Like 2

I sincerely hope he doesn't, because Seth Meyers did it on a stupid throwaway SNL skit maybe 5 years ago now. The Kings of Catchphrase Comedy I think it was called

Yeah, I'm surprised no one pointed that out until now (although I'm sure people did on Twitter). If only everyone had an encyclopedic knowledge of one-off SNL sketches.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm surprised no one pointed that out until now (although I'm sure people did on Twitter). If only everyone had an encyclopedic knowledge of one-off SNL sketches.

Actually I think they did that a few times, because I enjoyed it. "Beeeef Jelly" is probably one of the top 3 uses of Kenan Thompson in his 24 year run on SNL. I was using "stupid" in a loving manner

• Like 1

I was using "stupid" in a loving manner

I know! 90% of my favorite SNL sketches are ones that I would call stupid in a loving manner.

• Like 1

Actually I think they did that a few times, because I enjoyed it. "Beeeef Jelly" is probably one of the top 3 uses of Kenan Thompson in his 24 year run on SNL. I was using "stupid" in a loving manner

I should not be surprised that people who actually post to a message board about a comedy podcast would also remember tiny details about this particular sketch. Seth's "Boston Powers" immediately came to mind when I heard this ep, and I haven't been able to stop calling people "Funky Boy" for a week now.

• Like 1