🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 2-Hairspray

Re: Allison Janney - I wish the movie didn't cut out "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now," the only song in the musical where Allison Janney's character is one of the featured singers.

• Like 2

Is it weird that I'm more excited for this group and Tom's "Musical Mondays" pick than I am for anything relating to Escape from LA?

ETA: Just listened to "Can't Stop the Beat" again and it put me in a better mood than I've been in for the last couple of days.

• Like 1

Is it weird that I'm more excited for this group and Tom's "Musical Mondays" pick than I am for anything relating to Escape from LA?

ETA: Just listened to "Can't Stop the Beat" again and it put me in a better mood than I've been in for the last couple of days.

4071_looney-tunes-nervous-daffy-duck-worried.gif

• Like 5

I know I am bringing up a 3 and half month old thread but I saw this mentioned in the High School Musical thread and wanted to juno in real quick because i love this movie. But I will also say that Taylor's posts at the beginning got me thinking. Edna is a bucket role for me. Over the past couple of years I have scaled back on how much acting I do (mainly because I live in a small Kansas community with only community theater and it is a political backstabbing group there) and have focused on podcast audio dramas, writing, and directing (and have gotten to work with some great talents) but if given the chance to audition for Edna I would. I would hope that as a white cisgendered man I would bring a sensitivity to the role but I totally get where taylor was comimg from.

That said I really disliked Firestein's Edna in the TV version. I thought it was too harsh and too campy at the same time. Firestein also lacked a connection with Martin Short tjat was there with Travolta and Walken.

That is all :)

• Like 1