🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 38 — The Return of Suit McGoo

Hilarious episode. The part on Katy Perry was hilarious because I work part time for this event company and did floor security for her "teenage dream" tour stop in Denver. I am a very straight man who does not enjoy shitty pop music but for some reason I love Katy Perry and her concert was actually pretty good, tons of production. Back to the ep though. The people at this concert were girls ranging from 6-17 primarily and some parents thrown in there and then an entirely different demographic of people and this was the homosexual crowd which loved it as much as i did. Highlights of the night were the dad who pushed his own daughter back a row so he could sing along with "firework", the mother who "tipped" me $20 so she could take her 4 year old up to the 5th row and take an awkward picture of the child and katy perry in the background and then finally some song ive acutally never heard but she started pulling kids up on stage from all around the place and then to top it off a 6'5" drag queen pulled himself up on stage and held hands with all the kids while the danced in a circle around Katy Perry. Great night

Kulap, I totally feel you on the red water bottle being in your green kitchen.

That red water bottle's had a pretty exciting journey. I couldn't even follow the whole narrative.

Excellent episode, although I was disappointed by how thoroughly PFT shot down "Suit McGoo" and I only caught one "customer" reference (kudos to Kulap). But "math rock" is the new "customer," so I shouldn't complain.

no love for head busser? For some reason that tickled me something fierce. I think it was because I, like Howard, didn't catch on to the bit at first and was struck by the simplicity and absurdness of the premise. I'm giggling thinking about it, and yes, I'm a grown ass man.

Paul - A "Who Charted" tee-shirt could be worn under a suit. That's the key to the Katy Perry fanclub's heart....OR Jeff could make a "Who Charted" patch to put on the back of your suits ala 1960's NYC Warriors. Either way, your excuses are flimsy.

Caroline - I only just got it too, now that you pointed out it was a pun.
-
Oh and I counted Four F-Bombkins.

PFT is a podcasting God!
I think Howard's brother should pay a visit to Comedy Bang Bang.

I like it when Howard "becomes" Lee just to be down on something. He did that on EW Challenge too (the contestants referred to him as "Coach.")

@steve - maybe PFT could wear a "Who Charted" eyepatch...

Aah, so many quotables and out in public chuckles... Damn, this made it hard for me on my lunchbreak outside, as ever. Now I've just started smirking whenever Kulap laughs, and Howard's just killing it every episode (seemingly without even realising). I really appreciated the cross-referencing with the Earwolf Challenge though- the mini impressions were fantastic... "I dunnooooo..." - naturally I laugh with love as I've listened to every episode of the Challenge (and really enjoy it) but they kinda nailed it here.

Anyway, too much goodness to reflect on in one go, and PFT is one of my heroes for certain- such an awesome show H&K, absolutely love it.

Great episode, guys! Paul belongs in the Pantheon of Podcasting.
My hopes were only slightly dashed with this week's game though. I'm sure there is more stuff about Paul that could have been explored that listeners may not have known about, such as his awesome work as the hero puppet Doug, for instance. Those videos are amazing! That being said, an all suit-themed chart was great!

By his government name, let's get to know him.... the mighty PAUL F. TOMPKINS!!!
MATH ROCK! Awww MATH ROCK!
2 plus 3 is 5! MATH ROCK!
7 minus 4 is 8! MATH ROCK!
2 times 2... Whatevahh!

Next time there's a music chart transplant I suggest a SUMMAHHH REMIX - - - > Lil Wayne - Gucci Gucci Freestyle off his Sorry 4 The Wait mixtape.

I'm sure Howard has heard this superior version by now, not trying to be a dick, but Kreayshawn's verses are real weak sauce.

Paul F out did himself this week! I counted 4 fucks including the bonus chart. The real question, when are we going to see Kulap's birth certificate? How do we really know that she didn't married Scott for a green card?

Loved this episode! I feel compelled to comment on LMFAO, because I've been obsessed with them ever since I saw that horrible, horrible video.

Redfoo and SkyBlu are actually Stephan and Skyler Gordy. Stephan is Berry Gordy's son (by way of his, I think, 6th wife) and Skyler is Berry's grandson via Berry Gordy IV.

This means they're a brother and nephew of Kennedy Gordy, better known as 80s 1-Hit Heart-Throb "Rockwell".

I loved this episode for all the reasons that everyone has already mentioned, BUT I must take issue with PFT's assessment of Chart Roulette. I agree with Howard that it's funny and satisfying waiting for the guests to realise that the answers have been rigged to reflect their lives. Not annoying at all.

I sympathize with comedians who go on podcasts with no prior understanding of the show, and thus fall prey to disingenuous bits like Chart Roulette. I mean, it's not like they have a bunch of time to listen to podcasts. It's not like their job doesn't require them to fly all across the country where they're cooped up in a plane with hours of downtime to fill that they could spend partially on listening to an example of a podcast upon which they'll be appearing. It's crazy to think they have time for that!

Meanwhile, I love the Kulap's Not An American! meme that Howard is determined to circulate, and I really hope she's only pretending to be annoyed by it, because I look forward to it every week.

Additional meanwhile, if they couldn't laugh in Besser's actual face, I wish someone had had the foresight to slap a camera on him while he listened to them make fun of* his hosting style on the Earwolf Challenge. I would love to have seen either his hilarious response or his Hulkish rampage, whichever occurred.

*and by "make fun of" I mean "accurately describe what happens on the Earwolf Challenge"

Sign in to follow this