🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
snarla

Fanboys

without a doubt the worst movie I have ever seen. Essentially plotless aside from desperate and aggressively unfunny pandering to nerds, a ridiculous and borderline offensive cancer storyline, and I'd say a good 75% of the "jokes" rely on the punchline "gay people are the grossest!!!!" As if there aren't gay Star Wars nerds - please. I watched this out of devotion to Kristen Bell but I like to pretend she was not involved. This movie officially killed my love for Jay Baruchel.

Ahhh, come on. I'm never going to say this movie is exactly good, but it's not terrible either. There are major structural problems and way too many of the jokes are merely Star Wars references (many of which stretch the definition of the word "joke"). Still, I think it has its own kind of charm, as it seems to have been made with genuine enthusiasm and effort. Would I watch it again? No. I don't hate it either. From Transformers 2 to Birdemic, there are plenty of more suitable candidates for "worst movie."

You wouldn't believe the number of people who recommend this movie to me! To this day! I'm a huge Star Wars nerd and everyone asks if I've seen it. I had actually forgot that I put it on a few years ago and turned it off in sheer boredom - then after all the recommendations I sat down to watch it again and was like, "Wait?! This unfunny piece of shit?"

Sign in to follow this