🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 153 - Escape from L.A.: LIVE!

I have another game ...

i've been catching up on some DLM and he has been playing one of my favourite games, Build A Title, and it got me thinking ... is it possible to build a title using only HDTGM movies? It's only 148 movies so it's a small list compared to the number of movies doug gets to choose from but there must be some connections.... i found 3:

LawnmowerMANnequin 2: On the move (You could put Glimmerman or Wicker man in there too)

&

MortalKomBATman & RobIN the name of the King

&

SharknaDOuble Team .. does that work?

Can ye find anymore?

What if we build titles with any movie with a Rotten Tomato score of less than 20% ...

• Like 5

Reindeer Gamer

(This one might not count...Maybe Fair Gamer would work better.)

• Like 4

AnacondA view to a kill

Or

AnacondAfter Earth

Doug would not count the second at all lol

(Also can't count Reindeer Gamer lol)

• Like 2

(Also can't count Reindeer Gamer lol)

Check my edit...

• Like 1

ConGOOBY!

Let's ignore that June's pronunciation of 'Gooby' makes this phonetically impossible.

• Like 4

Check my edit...

giphy.gif

I've heard longer stretches than that on DLM. ... say it fast

Nah bro

Nicholson.gif

• Like 2

ConAirborne

In Build-A-Title, you can't use upcoming movies. Are we allowing upcoming episodes?

GET OUT, CAMERON

I've heard longer stretches than that on DLM. ... say it fast

He would likely let it slide if it was CatwomAnaconda. At least the sounds are the same.

• Like 4

The reference to Disneyland at the end of the film actually makes sense considering Kurt Rusell's history of being in a number of Disney films such as "The Computer Who Wore Tennis Shoes (1969)", "The Fox & The Hound", "Sky High", and "Captain Ron", among others. He was even in a tv special with the Osmonds showcasing a trip into The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. In fact right before he passed away, Walt Disney wrote a short list of names on a piece of paper including a misspelled "Kirt Russell", perhaps with plans to cast Kurt in an upcoming Disney film.

Well, since I still want people to play my game...

Bold Claim (Or at least Bold Intention)

Inner Circle's "Sweat (A La La La La Long)"

Girl, I want to make you sweat, sweat til you can't sweat no more

Whoa, whoa, whoa...

First of all, you don't make those kind of claims unless you can back that shit up, and seriously Inner Circle, I sincerely doubt that you've got that kind of stamina. Secondly, and more importantly, if you can do that, I hope you're prepared to deal with your lover's severe dehydration. Are you going to be able to attend her needs when she's suffering from "dizziness," "palpitations," and "decreased urine output?" If you don't have some Gatorade by the bedside table to replenish some of her electrolytes, I'd say you're a goddamn monster!

Take that early 90's reggae fusion band Inner Circle!

bro-come-at-me-come-at-me-bro-Favim.com-373615.gif

• Like 3

I was gonna play, but it switched to the title game...

But the boldest I got to offer... I'm not a country music fan, but they play it at work and I remember some years ago this song by I guess Collin Raye would play and I hated it because it's boldest claim...

And if I were you I'd fall in love with me

...I'm sorry WHAT? You think you're such hot stuff that the person you're pining for SHOULD fall in love with you? Or is it you want to BE them so you can fall in love with yourself? I'm so confused. Can I offer you a mirror? I can paint a wedding veil on it or something. Would that help?

Also the earlier line in the verse

But if I were you I'd promise to live life for all it's worth

like holy shit thanks for telling me I'm not living life well enough and that you can live my life better than me. Please see your way to the door.

As I looked up "If I were you" to go over the lyrics, I discovered there's another country song by Gene Watson called "If I were you I would fall in love with me". Calm down, country music.

• Like 4

Bold Claim (Or at least Bold Intention)

Inner Circle's "Sweat (A La La La La Long)"

Girl, I want to make you sweat, sweat til you can't sweat no more

Technically, doesn't that mean sweat until you can sweat more? That makes no sense though.

• Like 3

Technically, doesn't that mean sweat until you can sweat more? That makes no sense though.

Maybe he'll give her hyperhidrosis? With his penis...

• Like 1

I know...when Hunter wakes me up at 4AM tomorrow maybe I'll watch that instead of just staring at him in the dark with eyes full of resentment.

Cameron H. = World's Best Dad

Are you secretly wishing he'd be held by Mantzoukas while he says "cuntpunch"?

• Like 2