🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 2 (Tomspanks' Choice)

Whenever you're ready, Tom...

What's it gonna be..?

0006p37c.gif

• Like 1

Awesome! I think I may have seen it years ago, but--I think--only in bits and pieces. I just remember a muscle-y Roger Daltry running down the beach with his lion's mane hair blowing in the wind.

As an added bonus, I already own The Who's album so I get to save a couple bucks this week on getting the soundtrack. I appreciate that :)

Omg I remember my middle school crush being obsessed with this movie so I tried to watch it and was VERY confused lol. It'll be fun to watch it now as an adult and see if I'm still as confused lol.

• Like 2

Omg I remember my middle school crush being obsessed with this movie so I tried to watch it and was VERY confused lol. It'll be fun to watch it now as an adult and see if I'm still as confused lol.

Knowing what I do about the album itself, this is an extremely weird movie for a middle schooler to be obsessed with. If your crush went unrequited, you might consider yourself lucky...

• Like 2

Knowing what I do about the album itself, this is an extremely weird movie for a middle schooler to be obsessed with. If your crush went unrequited, you might consider yourself lucky...

I think he was more obsessed with The Who as a whole and therefore just really liked Tommy as an extension of that obsession. I just remember him singing Pinball Wizard a whole lot (also Boris The Spider like wtf is that song).

• Like 1

I love this album and (most of) the casting choices, but the movie is so bad! I'm looking forward to reading what you guys think.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late. My pick is:

tommy_530.jpg

Tommy is a masterpiece you shouldn't make fun of it.

• Like 1

I think he was more obsessed with The Who as a whole and therefore just really liked Tommy as an extension of that obsession. I just remember him singing Pinball Wizard a whole lot (also Boris The Spider like wtf is that song).

Love that movie.

• Like 2

Love that movie.

Be careful, Jerry. Next thing you know Taylor Anne will be passing you notes in class asking you to check "yes" or "no" to things and sheepishly inviting you to the Sadie Hawkins' Dance. :P

• Like 2

Be careful, Jerry. Next thing you know Taylor Anne will be passing you notes in class asking you to check "yes" or "no" to things and sheepishly inviting you to the Sadie Hawkins' Dance. :P

why.gif

• Like 4

Taylor Anne can pass me any notes any time, ;)BTW I hit the reply on that one the wrong person. it was the guy who posted the pinball wizened poster tomspanks. but the same goes for you tom. :P if you get my drift.

digging-in-the-wrong-place.jpg

• Like 2

I will make a real effort to watch this time, I promise! The stage show was on at a theatre Festival I work at years ago but I never got around to seeing it. Glad to have the excuse!

• Like 2

why.gif

GIF--laughing-funny-LOL-haha-hehe-hilarious-fun-happy-laugh-Ron-Swanson-Nick-Offerman-Parks-and-Recreation-GIF.gif

But in all seriousness, "Boris the Spider" used to really freak me out when I was a kid. Well, when I was about 16 and just getting into The Who.

Look, I was a huge scared-y baby alright! You happy?!?

• Like 2

I will make a real effort to watch this time, I promise! The stage show was on at a theatre Festival I work at years ago but I never got around to seeing it. Glad to have the excuse!

If you get a chance to see the others, I highly recommend them. I'm sure we'd be happy to still talk about them.

• Like 2

Does everyone go through a The Who phase?

Not me. I first learned about Baba O'Reilly because it was on an episode of House. I shit you not.

Growing up in Australia meant if it wasn't by AC/DC, it wasn't on the radio.

• Like 1

Not me. I first learned about Baba O'Reilly because it was on an episode of House. I shit you not.

Growing up in Australia meant if it wasn't by AC/DC, it wasn't on the radio.

Still, you know it's not titled Teenage Wasteland.

• Like 2

I'm still going through that phase ;)

(I didn't realize what I posted before was an interview...)

I didn't. I.....kind of don't like The Who. But I'm still down to watch this trash can fire incredible masterpiece.

• Like 4

Here's a story about me and my wife just because I know Fister LOVES those...

The first day my wife and I spent together we hung out at my college apartment listening to music, and it was our shared love of The Who--and to a lesser extent Bon Jovi*--that really brought us together. Anyway, that night we stayed up all night playing song after song. She was the first person I'd ever met that appreciated The Who as much as I did.

That being said, at the time, she didn't really know what Tommy was about. I explained it to her, and since then, she has simply been unable to listen to it. In fact, when I told her that this was Tom's pick she specifically said, "I refuse! I R-E-F-U-S-E!" She fucking spelled at me guys...

I think it might be over.

Thanks, Tom... :(

*"You Give Love a Bad Name" was blaring on my car speakers the first time she was in my car.

• Like 6

I didn't. I.....kind of don't like The Who. But I'm still down to watch this trash can fire incredible masterpiece.

You know that Pete Townshend is like deaf in one ear, that is the price you pay for being THE LOUDEST band in show business. and he's other working ear has got none stop tinnitus. That's rock N roll for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfuWXRZe9yA

btw tinnitus is not fun. it's like someone left the water running on a tap all the time. but you can never turn it off. that's not so bad if you have stereo hearing but once you got one ear that stops working and the other that just fucks with you none stop that can be like hell for your balance and deep perception of hearing. our ears work together to create a stereo image in the brain and when one goes you now got no idea where sound is coming from. like a car or a bus coming across the street. a bird in a tree. and so on.

everyone wants to live like a

but they don't know the hell that is caused by doing so.

If you guys take anything away from this, turn it down sometimes or your hearing will cause you hell. It's only a matter of time before it happens to you. and trust me on this if you do play it loud you will pay for it.

(I didn't realize what I posted before was an interview...)

It wasn't bad.

I hope your wife comes around on Tommy. Is her problem with Tommy anything specific or is it just a general hatred? :lol:

Also, there's nothing wrong with a little Bon Jovi.

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this