🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 57 — The Land of Osbaldistan

This week on Sklarbro Country we have DUIs, twin drama, a demolition derby,slap shot contests, black light mini golf, and that's just in the first half hour! Our first guest is Paul Gilmartin who you certainly must know from Dinner and a Movie or from his awesome stand-up and hilarious characters. He talks about adult-league hockey fights and competes with Randy and Jason in a fear-off straight from Mental Illness Happy Hour. We close it up with Michael Samosa, an athletic linguist of sorts who is not only here to educate but to bring us all together as citizens. Go punch a waterfall, and if you live in Philadelphia or Ann Arbor be sure to get your tickets to see The Sklar Brothers before it's too late.

Baby(s) woke me up early so at 4am I got to hit this episode up. I think this is one of the best in the catalog so far. I want to encourage the guys to explore some of what was going on in his episode. Listening to you talk about the possible loss of a wife's mother and not being over your own father, showed me a side of the Sklars that I really didn't know before. I'm not saying drop all the comedy or the sports, but man.....there was something there that maybe you need to explore further. Getting deeper with the guests or about the Sklars. Sorry to get all deep....but it was a really amazing episode. Thanks guys.

I was suprised I didn't here a Morris Buttermaker mention when Paul was talking about playing baseball to please his alcoholic father.

I'm afraid I'll never climb Mount Everest. or climb any mountain, anywhere. or travel to Nepal. or sit through all of Seven Years in Tibet.

@Michael Hill... You can contact Earwolf shows through the contact page at http://www.earwolf.com/contact/ The other way is just to email the Sklarbro Country podcast directly at SklarbroCountry@Earwolf.com

Sounded like an ep of WTF at times (no judgement )

The fear-off almost has me crying....I'd love to hear you guys hit on the realer stuff some, too...agreeing with @JPangelinan that it did have a resemblence to an ep of WTF a little....and I happen to love some WTF. Keep it up, fellas!

Thanks for reintroducing me to Paul Gilmartin, and introducing me to the Mental Illness Happy Hour. Subscribed a couple days ago and have been running through the backlog as I find time between work and classes. Very insightful and uplifting stuff. And congrats to the couple who were brought together by a "Henderson!" in class. Hope springs eternal for the single ladies here in Sklarbro Country. If you like it, then you shoulda' put an onion ring on it.

Thanks for reintroducing me to Paul Gilmartin, and introducing me to the Mental Illness Happy Hour. Subscribed a couple days ago and have been running through the backlog as I find time between work and classes. Very insightful and uplifting stuff. And congrats to the couple who were brought together by a "Henderson!" in class. Hope springs eternal for the single ladies here in Sklarbro Country. If you like it, then you shoulda' put an onion ring on it.

Sign in to follow this