🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Thrillhouse88

Why hasn't Aziz Ansari been on the podcast yet?

When the podcast first started, I assumed he would be one of the first guest because he worked with Paul on Human Giant. Six years later, and still nothing. I get that he's a busy guy, he'll be hosting SNL next week, but this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I would imagine it's his schedule. Although, recent guest Anna Faris is probably busy, too, but still found the time. Maybe Aziz and Paul had a falling out, which would be a shame.

I forgot about the Human Giant connection. Which also begs the question as to why Jason Woliner hasn't been on (I know he did a mini-ep but that don't count). That dude is brilliant.

I'm not all that sure, honestly, I can't even remember the last time he's done any podcast. Nerdist maybe?

Maybe it's not his thing, honestly. Although I seem to remember Paul saying in a minisode, because someone asked, that they want to have him and that they even have a movie they want to do, but have to find the time. Anyone know offhand what ep that was?

I'm sure Aziz is busy I don't know if he's planning any new comedy specials but I know the second season of his show is probably going into production pretty soon. Or at least I hope it is because I would very much like to binge it immediately upon release.

• Like 1

I'm not all that sure, honestly, I can't even remember the last time he's done any podcast. Nerdist maybe?

Seems right. He did WTF with Maron, but that was six years ago.

I think he's just really busy.

Maybe Aziz and Paul had a falling out, which would be a shame.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!! RIGHT.... NOW!!!!

Aziz was on the Crash Test special with Paul AND Rob. They are Dick Fairy Bros 4 Life MAAAAAAAAAn!

But Aziz 100% hates Jason from Coast to Coast though. I know it cuz June told me... So don't tell anybody, Ok?

• Like 1

P.S.: 2017 is the 10 year anniversary for the Human Giant show so here's hoping for a Human Giant Reunion Episode of HDTGM

It sounded like him doing the original Corrections and Omissions song. "Baba ba bababa ba, you got corrections..."

• Like 1

But Aziz 100% hates Jason from Coast to Coast though. I know it cuz June told me... So don't tell anybody, Ok?

Wait, WHAT???

He's been on The League, Kroll Show, and NTSF::, it just seems like he's not a podcast guy. Super high profile and in demand, too.

And yeah, it did sound like him on the old C&O, though I know it wasn't.

• Like 1

Aziz was easily one of the best hosts on SNL i've seen in a long time. Really hope they let him do again sometime because he was a perfect fit for the show.

• Like 1

Shit, did he host SNL yesterday? I was busy with politics.

The swearing in of omarosa? LOL

anyone know if Master of None is anygood, worth my time?

• Like 1

Shit, did he host SNL yesterday? I was busy with politics.

He did, and it was fantastic. His opening monologue was amazing

It probably resonates more with single 30-somethings like me, but I think it's really awesome and very funny. If nothing else, it's worth watching for his dad. His parents are played on the show by his real-life parents, and his dad is totally adorable and surprisingly hilarious.

• Like 5

And yeah, it did sound like him on the old C&O, though I know it wasn't.

How do you know this?

The swearing in of omarosa? LOL

Just binged it over the weekend. YES!!!! It's fantastic! And they're making more. It's really funny and really touching and really well done. Really!

Just binged it over the weekend. YES!!!! It's fantastic! And they're making more. It's really funny and really touching and really well done. Really!

Aziz and Alan Yang (co-creator and the inspiration for the character Brian) did a really great AMA back when the series premiered.

Also, I read an interview somewhere where he talked a lot about his parents (who play his parents on the show) and how the series was really special to him because it was something very personal that he got to share with his parents. I love that show so much, and the Nashville episode is where the show went from "largely enjoyable comedy" to "complex commentary on modern dating" for me. That episode is the real line of demarcation, and all of the back half of the season is just perfection.

• Like 3

the Nashville episode is where the show went from "largely enjoyable comedy" to "complex commentary on modern dating" for me. That episode is the real line of demarcation, and all of the back half of the season is just perfection.

The episode that encapsulates like a year in their relationship is really pretty perfect.

• Like 2

Don't know how to do the "spoiler" thing, so semi-spoilers.

You can either type them manually like this:

[spoiler]My favorite was the episode where Aziz got attacked by a werewolf.[/spoiler]

or open the "Special BBCode" dialog (by clicking the green icon to the left of the Font dropdown in the text editor) and select "Spoiler" from the list of codes.

• Like 1

You can either type them manually like this:

[spoiler]My favorite was the episode where Aziz got attacked by a werewolf.[/spoiler]

or open the "Special BBCode" dialog (by clicking the green icon to the left of the Font dropdown in the text editor) and select "Spoiler" from the list of codes.

Sweet! Thanks. I went back and spoilerized it.

The episode that encapsulates like a year in their relationship is really pretty perfect.

Yeah, that's a really great one. People use the phrase "lived in" way too frequently when talking about fictional worlds and relationships, but the show does an amazing job of making every relationship really feel lived in and real. Whether it's with his parents or Rachel or Arnold or Brian

(or even Denise and Lil Funyuns)

, every relationship feels authentic. Part of that is likely because they write and/or play fictionalized versions of themselves, so they really understand the characters. I'm really excited for the new season and hope that - even without Harris' brilliance - it's on par with the first season.

• Like 2

Yeah, that's a really great one. People use the phrase "lived in" way too frequently when talking about fictional worlds and relationships, but the show does an amazing job of making every relationship really feel lived in and real. Whether it's with his parents or Rachel or Arnold or Brian

(or even Denise and Lil Funyuns)

, every relationship feels authentic. Part of that is likely because they write and/or play fictionalized versions of themselves, so they really understand the characters. I'm really excited for the new season and hope that - even without Harris' brilliance - it's on par with the first season.

RIP Harris. What a freaking bummer. I was searching online to see if they were going to make more, and they said the reason they took so long after the first season was they needed to take a break and live some life in order to gather more material; since much of the show was taken from their real lives.

the episode about the bad concert date, where the woman steals someone's jacket, was credited as 'Story by Harris Wittels.' It totally seems like a real story from his life, if you listen to Analyze Phish.

• Like 1