🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 153.5 - Minisode 153.5

So for this momentous occasion, I'm picking...

disney+return+to+oz+poster.jpg

return-to-oz.jpg

Let's all be horrified!

omg it's been forever. I'd watch that again.

This begs the question, who is your favourite turtle?

Donatello.

• Like 3

Can we all answer this? Because the correct answer is Leonardo.

ds840YX.gif

My seven year old loves Raph. I must admit, I was quite fond of the geek Donnie in the new ones (yeah shut up I thought they were just fine not good but sort of fine and yeah the actress whatever her name is wasn't great nor was the casey jones but i liked the turtles themselves for what they were shut up)

• Like 3

So for this momentous occasion, I'm picking...

disney+return+to+oz+poster.jpg

return-to-oz.jpg

Let's all be horrified!

The good: Congrats on 2000! The bad: Oh crap! More HDTGM homework! I still can't keep up with the musicals!

• Like 1

ds840YX.gif

Yes. Everybody can answer wrong and say Leonardo or Raphael but the correct answer is of course Donatello!

tumblr_inline_o0lh39WsjK1tewkko_500.gif

• Like 5

The good: Congrats on 2000! The bad: Oh crap! More HDTGM homework! I still can't keep up with the musicals!

Ha! No. That's nothing official. That's just a wish a "Hey, I posted 500 times, I should get to pick a movie" kind of thing. You don't have to watch it.

• Like 1

Yes. Everybody can answer wrong and say Leonardo or Raphael but the correct answer is of course Donatello!

tumblr_inline_o0lh39WsjK1tewkko_500.gif

And congrats to you Cam Bert for finding your forever-signature!

• Like 4

Happy-Gilmore-Thumbs-Down.gif

• Like 2

Ha! No. That's nothing official. That's just a wish a "Hey, I posted 500 times, I should get to pick a movie" kind of thing. You don't have to watch it.

Oh, I see! You don't HAVE to watch it

but if you want to be in the cool kids' club in forum you really should.

• Like 2

My seven year old loves Raph. I must admit, I was quite fond of the geek Donnie in the new ones (yeah shut up I thought they were just fine not good but sort of fine and yeah the actress whatever her name is wasn't great nor was the casey jones but i liked the turtles themselves for what they were shut up)

There's no Venus de Milo, so that alone puts the new show miles ahead.

(I've only seen an episode or two, it's all right. Turtles Forever is my favorite.)

There's also that time Japan turned the old cartoon into an obscure sentai show.

25kjswy.jpg

You and me both.

• Like 2

Oh, I see! You don't HAVE to watch it

but if you want to be in the cool kids' club in forum you really should.

If you want to be in the cool kids' club you should have ALREADY seen it :)

• Like 1

(I've only seen an episode or two, it's all right. Turtles Forever is my favorite.)

There's also that time Japan turned the old cartoon into an obscure sentai show.

25kjswy.jpg

You and me both.

Oh, I meant the movies. The Michael Bay movies. The bloated, awful, hateful, Michael Bay movies. With Will Arnett and Meghan Fox (I really struggled to remember her name). For some reason, I just loved the dynamic between the four and Splinter. Enjoyed at least the first one WAY more than I expected to when pre-screening it before letting the kids see it.

I remember Venus de Milo. I'd successfully blocked her out but now it's back. Thanks, Jammer.

PS - WTF that Hentai image!

• Like 3

If you want to be in the cool kids' club you should have ALREADY seen it :)

I did when I was a kid. I don't remember much except being freaked the fuck out and thinking that this wasn't the Oz I'd signed up for. There's a pumpkin head guy right? I did not dig.

PS - can you tell that by posting 500 times in each thread I'm trying to catch up with you, Cameron? (promise to slow down soon)

• Like 1

Oh, I meant the movies. The Michael Bay movies. The bloated, awful, hateful, Michael Bay movies. With Will Arnett and Meghan Fox (I really struggled to remember her name). For some reason, I just loved the dynamic between the four and Splinter. Enjoyed at least the first one WAY more than I expected to when pre-screening it before letting the kids see it.

I remember Venus de Milo. I'd successfully blocked her out but now it's back. Thanks, Jammer.

PS - WTF that Hentai image!

Ohhhh, thooose...

My roommate and I saw the second Bay movie in theater, because we were visiting my hometown and the theater there charges $5 a ticket so... We had such low expectations, we actually enjoyed it, but mostly for the stupidity that is Bebop and Rocksteady.

The new movies are such a bizarre mess thrown together from the comics and the 1987 animated series, I can't look away.

And you're welcome.

• Like 3

25kjswy.jpg

You and me both.

But let's not forget how at the same time Japan was making the X-Men even cooler!

• Like 6

Hey, here's my name-drop moment for the week! Tim Minchin's an old buddy of mine! I've known him well nigh 25 years, did high school musicals with his sister, we were in an improv troupe together for a while, went to university together, and when I had to turn down a chance to play Hamlet just as I was leaving Australia to emigrate to Canada, Tim got asked to do it instead!

Autograph line starts to the right.

That's incredible! The first time I had heard of him was on an episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats (I kind of LOVE British quiz shows). He was on Jason Mamford's team, and Uri Geller was on Sean Lock's team. Geller did his stupid-ass spoon-bending nonsense, and Tim just said, "Oh that is such bullshit" and it gave me one of the best laughs of my life. Then I looked him up and heard "Storm" for the first time, and he's been one of my favorite comedians/musicians/performers since. I hope he's as genuinely excellent in real life as he seems on TV/in his acts, because I think he's fantastic.

ds840YX.gif

This makes me sad for your children.

Donatello.

Everyone should know this is the correct answer.

Also, Cameron, what kind of monster would use that version of the Turtles and not this one?

Retro_donnie.gif

ETA: Michelangelo was my favorite when I was a kid, but when I became a man, I put away my childish things and realized Donnie was actually the best.

• Like 4

Wow! As I was reading through I was quoting all those that mentioned my name, and then I got to this page and it exploded!

Where to start with this? When I first joined the forums I actually used the name "Cambert." Then my first C&O was read for Sharknado 2 and I heard Paul on the mini-sode pronounce it "Camembert" like the cheese. So I immediately went to my profile and changed it to add the space for ease of pronunciation if I were to ever be featured again. The letterboxd people can see, "Cam Bert" comes the the shorting of my first and last name, and are also the two names I grew up being called. Then in this year's Howdies my Sharknado C&O was featured and I think this might have thrown Paul off again on my name. I think as a fan of Paul and the show, I am happier with him not being able to say it than being able to say it.

Also I'm a man. This is odd to me because I've never met a female Cameron. I know there are some out there but I've met a dozen other Camerons in my life, all male. Then I come to Japan where the only Cameron they know is Cameron Diaz so everyone when they meet me asks "Isn't that a girl's name?"

TL;DR Pronounced Cam-"burt" (kæm bɜrt, キャムバート) and male.

But you're going to pronounce it Cambert in honor of Christopher Lambert and his weird hairline just for this week, right?

Also, I was always a Donatello fan when I was a kid. I'm not sure if this was because I really liked him or because my two sisters had already called dibs on Leonardo and Raphael. (And Michelangelo was clearly unhinged.) But "Secrets of the Ooze" made me a bit embarrassed of this fact. I swear he was less annoying in the cartoon.

But let's not forget how at the same time Japan was making the X-Men even cooler!

I don't know. I'm kind of partial to the US X-Men theme and its cheesiness. The Japanese theme is kind of trying too hard, in my opinion. Do-do do do do. Do do.

• Like 6

But "Secrets of the Ooze" made me a bit embarrassed of this fact.

There is, at best, one Secret of the Ooze.

I don't know. I'm kind of partial to the US X-Men theme and its cheesiness. The Japanese theme is kind of trying too hard, in my opinion. Do-do do do do. Do do.

https://youtu.be/7IzSGvXc_PM

The still frame preview was enough to get me singing the theme. Then you wrote out the sounds. Now this will be in my head for days, but that's okay because I loved that intro. I would not suggest revisiting the show as an adult unless you are a fan of REALLY shitty animation.

• Like 5

My favorite turtles are the ones that aren't in Secret of the Ooze.

I still don't know shit about those turtles

• Like 5

My favorite turtles are the ones that aren't in Secret of the Ooze.

I still don't know shit about those turtles

"None" is a better answer "Donatello." The amount of nerdery in this place is embarrassing.

donatello.gif

It's like I'm seeing you all for the first time...

• Like 5

"None" is a better answer "Donatello." The amount of nerdery in this place is embarrassing.

WELL THEN YOU CAN DESIGN YOUR OWN FUCKING HOWDY VAN

• Like 4

It's currently almost 2:30am and I just wanted to stop by and show solidarity for all those fellow Leonardo supporters out there like Cameron H...

giphy.gif

And to say that I totally think the X-Men animated seires holds up today, especially in light of the flash animation herky-jerky nonsense-a-thons that passes for kids animation these days (I AM AN OLD PERSON). Sure, there was some painfully off model moments in the X-Men and it never reached the level of its contemporary Batman the Animated series, but then again, what did?

So this is my life. These are the decisions I have made.

• Like 5

But you're going to pronounce it Cambert in honor of Christopher Lambert and his weird hairline just for this week, right?

But of course.

005DOW_Christopher_Lambert_074.jpg

• Like 6

The US opening theme was just so iconic, it's hard not to love it. I do appreciate how seriously Japan takes its opening/ending themes though.

Also #TeamDonatello here. I liked that he was a ninja who was also into science-y things.

• Like 5

With all these other pro-Donatello posters emerging, I'm wishing I wasn't hedging my bets so much when I confessed my fondness for the nerdiest turtle. As Fister said, I liked Mikey when the original cartoon was on, but then again I was 11. Sorry Cameron, I just can't see the point of Leo. He's such a buzzkill.

And my seven year old likes Raph because he's a jerk. (Raph, not Cormac)

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this