🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 153.5 - Minisode 153.5

That's incredible! The first time I had heard of him was on an episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats (I kind of LOVE British quiz shows). He was on Jason Mamford's team, and Uri Geller was on Sean Lock's team. Geller did his stupid-ass spoon-bending nonsense, and Tim just said, "Oh that is such bullshit" and it gave me one of the best laughs of my life. Then I looked him up and heard "Storm" for the first time, and he's been one of my favorite comedians/musicians/performers since. I hope he's as genuinely excellent in real life as he seems on TV/in his acts, because I think he's fantastic.

He's always been a really good guy, although since he became famous he's become a lot less available. I was in London this summer and saw his musical adaptation of 'Groundhog Day' but couldn't manage to get hold of him to catch up. It's fine, he's very busy and successful, and I'm sure every schmuck who ever had anything to do with him at home wants a piece of him. I remember very clearly, though, him telling me years ago over breakfast on a visit to Toronto that he'd been contacted to write a musical version of 'Matilda', and he was tinkering with some ideas. He hummed me the first bars of the show, which are still in the musical. It was nice to be around during the early days of that process. I also fondly remember being in a fiercely competitive five-man hackiesack circle which included Tim during a 2002 production of 'Twelfth Night' back in Australia. Hack with a man for an entire summer, you are bonded. :)

• Like 4

And my seven year old likes Raph because he's a jerk. (Raph, not Cormac)

I believe you mean he's cool but rude.

• Like 4

Also #TeamDonatello here. I liked that he was a ninja who was also into science-y things.

I always liked Don, I think his inventiveness always resonated with me on a creative level. Though I liked Raphael a lot from the 1987 cartoon too.

A couple years ago I got to meet Rob Paulsen (Raphael in 1987, Donatello in current cartoon) at a convention and was so excited I had him sign my 1987 TMNT DVD on the plastic instead of the paper insert. Whoops. Still awesome though!

• Like 4

Sorry Cameron, I just can't see the point of Leo. He's such a buzzkill.

*splutter, splutter*

*righteous indignation*

Can't see the point--?!?

Can you see the point of having a compassionate leader who is self-disciplined and cool under pressure? A masterful tactician and strategist? Donatello might be able to build shit like he's the Professor on Gilligan's Island, but Leonardo is the one who knows how to deploy that shit. He's effective. He's a teenager who's had responsibility thrust upon him far too early in life. You know what that gives him? Depth of character. What does Donatello have beyond a limp stick and a computer?

So, yeah. I guess, I'm sorry. I'm sorry he's a "wet blanket." That while Raph is being "rude," Mikey is being "a party dude," and Donatello "does" his machines, Leo is in the dojo, every day, working out. Because when it comes down to it, and The Shredder comes a-callin', he's going to be the one who's going to keep the other three chuckledicks alive.

Also, my beautiful wife says that Donatello makes her "nauseous."

tumblr_na3xt14Akf1qbknvio1_500.gif

And my seven year old likes Raph because he's a jerk. (Raph, not Cormac)

My son's favorite is Raph as well. I think it's because kids are assholes.

• Like 5

giphy.gif

w813sy.jpg

I can't remember a time in my life when I've been able to have this sort of conversation about TMNT. I am taking it while I can.

See also: Years as a child giving up on TMNT fans because the neighborhood boys would always force me to pretend to be April and I wanted to be a turtle. It cuts deep.

• Like 4

w813sy.jpg

I can't remember a time in my life when I've been able to have this sort of conversation about TMNT. I am taking it while I can.

See also: Years as a child giving up on TMNT fans because the neighborhood boys would always force me to pretend to be April and I wanted to be a turtle. It cuts deep.

Awww...you can be Donatello if you want. :). You can all be Donatello!

• Like 3

*splutter, splutter*

*righteous indignation*

Can't see the point--?!?

Can you see the point of having a compassionate leader who is self-disciplined and cool under pressure? A masterful tactician and strategist? Donatello might be able to build shit like he's the Professor on Gilligan's Island, but Leonardo is the one who knows how to deploy that shit. He's effective. He's a teenager who's had responsibility thrust upon him far too early in life. You know what that gives him? Depth of character. What does Donatello have beyond a limp stick and a computer?

So, yeah. I guess, I'm sorry. I'm sorry he's a "wet blanket." That while Raph is being "rude," Mikey is being "a party dude," and Donatello "does" his machines, Leo is in the dojo, every day, working out. Because when it comes down to it, and The Shredder comes a-callin', he's going to be the one who's going to keep the other three chuckledicks alive.

Also, my beautiful wife says that Donatello makes her "nauseous."

tumblr_na3xt14Akf1qbknvio1_500.gif

My son's favorite is Raph as well. I think it's because kids are assholes.

I still don't know what the deal with Raphael being the leader in the first movie was. I felt bad for Leo.

tumblr_nxdvg71qqk1rjz1v3o1_r1_400.gif

Donatello with hit you with a stick.

giphy.gif

Then make snarky comments on the HDTGM forums.

• Like 5

Question of the day? Why isn't there no highlander scotch whiskey. I can see what kind of bottle it would come in, in my mind.

it would be like that brandy that Connor MacLeod of the MacLeod drinks in the first movie.

But my google search did find me this..

v3m2v6.jpg

I guess I stand corrected.

Macleod_scotch_whisky_trail_2.jpg

• Like 3

I am working on my own highlander wiskey ad, but I think all of the highlander movies got started now because of one mans obsession with single malt whiskey and frustration with his or her ancestry search.

30sumgy.jpg

Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez is the one with the most colorful ancestry

• Like 4

I am working on my own highlander wiskey ad, but I think all of the highlander movies got started now because of one mans obsession with single malt whiskey and frustration with his or her ancestry search.

30sumgy.jpg

Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez is the one with the most colorful ancestry

Of course it has to be single malt because there can only be one...

I'll see myself out

• Like 7

I still don't know what the deal with Raphael being the leader in the first movie was. I felt bad for Leo.

Truthfully Leonardo is my second favourite Turtle, so as a kid I was very upset by this too. I mean it's right there in the theme song "Leonardo leads." It was very odd to me that a team of four kinda turned into the Raphael show featuring the other turtles. Without being the leader Leonardo is just kind of a wet blanket. However in the heat of the battle you're glad you have that kind of guy on your side leading you. With Raphael in charge there is no advice or team work, it's just the angst fueled emo show.

nerdfight.png

Seeing as we're 90% Team Donatello, let's next draw from a slightly larger pool. Favourite X-Men?

• Like 4

Seeing as we're 90% Team Donatello, let's next draw from a slightly larger pool. Favourite X-Men?

I haven't followed anything X-men related in forever, but from the comics I always liked Nightcrawler and Kitty Pryde, neither of whom got any significant parts in the 90s cartoon. so 90s cartoon, idk, Rogue and Gambit?

• Like 3

Of course it has to be single malt because there can only be one...

I'll see myself out

That would be macleod single malt scotch whisky private reserve.

ad would go something around the lines of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDG2V4veQLU

Sorry my bad, that was Juan Sanchez Villa-Lobos Ramirez wiskey ad.

He's got that look on his face like, I am never walking that dog again!

Hands down, we all know that Japanese whiskey is the best, Sean Connery would never lie to us.

The funny party about this ad is to have a dog in japan is to be considered a luxury item. because of the small space apartment buildings that will not let you have a dog. so most people have dwarf rabbits.

• Like 1

i see it as an accomplishment that i got through this movie in one sitting ... it's shockingly bad

see what i did there? .. shockingly?

and that joke was will go down in history as better entertainment than that movie ... can't wait for the episode

• Like 2

That's difficult. It used to be Wolverine but I"m kind of sick of him now. They definitely over-use him in the comics and the movies. I got into X-23 for awhile (during the Kyle/Yost and then Liu runs) but I don't think some writers get her. I think a consistent fave in comics/film/TV is Beast.

• Like 5

nightcrawler_by_uncannyknack-d7zbacb-2.jpg

Gambit?

Nope.

• Like 2

Nope.

Yeah, I don't think I'd chose him now.

Nightcrawler is badass though. May discuss this more later.

• Like 2

You guys are hurting his feelings.

Hey, when the dude learns how to respect boundaries and flirt without being a huge sleeze ball, I'll apologize.

tumblr_inline_mrrq4qQoxb1r24r6r.png

• Like 3

I get the love of Nightcrawler. He's a character I didn't like at first but came to really enjoy.

That said as an unapologetic nerd and Donatello fan I guess it should come to no surprise that my favourite is of course Hank McCoy aka Beast.

• Like 3

In keeping with my Duty Before Self characters, my favorite X-Person was always Cyclops. He was always so... sad to me, but always trying to be the Good Guy. Like, he just wanted to be a combination of Captain America and Professor X, but he could never be either. All he wanted was to achieve the dream of Charles Xavier, of achieving peace between humans and mutants, but his only tool to achieve that peace of fucking LASER VISION?!?! Not helpful. No weather control, no mental powers, just laser vision; the tool of a soldier. He's destined for failure but never let that stop him.

And then Wolverine, for a whole host of reasons. I love both of those Best Frenemies.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this