🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays--Rotation and Sign Up

In an effort to simplify things, I thought I'd start another thread for people to sign up for Musical Mondays. Currently, the rotation is buried in another thread, and I thought it would be nice to have one where it's the first post in the thread and people can easily be added without things getting out of control.

MUSICAL MONDAYS ROTATION

Fister Roboto - Hedwig and the Angry Inch; The Lure; Om Shanti Om

Cameron H. - Hairspray; Gigi; Blue Hawaii; Rockula

Tomspanks - Tommy; The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas; Singing Detective; Flower Drum Song

Taylorannephoto - Beauty and the Beast; Gentlemen Prefer Blondes; Josie and the Pussycats; The Last Five Years

Cakebug Tranch - Across the Universe; Guys and Dolls; La La Land; Passing Strange

Cam Bert - Jesus Christ Superstar; Bugsy Malone; Hello, Dolly!; True Stories 

Quasar Sniffer- Cabaret!; Top Hat; Blues Brothers; The Long Dumb Road

Cinco DeNio - Rent; Reefer Madness; Piya Behrupiya

Kateacola - Pete's Dragon; Bride & Prejudice; Easter Parade

JammerLea - High School Musical; The Muppet Movie; Oliver & Company

Ellenmc - Repo! The Genetic Opera

Maximiliano - An American Tail; Baby Driver; Stage Fright

SaraK - That Thing You Do!; Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit; Enchanted

EternalSammich - The Phantom of the Paradise

EvRobert - The Fantasticks; Love’s Labour’s Lost

Joel_Rosenbaum - Krush Groove; Pink Floyd’s The Wall

Grudlian - The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg; School Daze

Polly Darton - Hustle and Flow; Meet Me in St Louis

The_Triple_Lindy - Alice in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass (1985); The Girl Can’t Help It; 

SlidePocket - Evita; The Rose; 

AlmostAGhost - Idlewilde;

Watch Out for Snakes - Florence Foster Jenkins

Gigitastic - R&H Cinderella (1996)

To anyone who would like to join in the fun, just post your desire to do so (not your movie) in this thread. You will be added to the end of the rotation. No pressure! If you just want to do one movie and nothing else, that's totally fine--but I will say that I think that you'd be missing out :)

• Like 5

Im cool with what ever film anyone picks.

Do you want a pick though? I know you've suggested a couple, but you may not get them unless you jump in there.

• Like 1

Whoever has the week that coincides with the DVD release of La La Land has an easy choice.

• Like 5

I'm definitely interested in participating, I am just afraid my lack of musical knowledge might interfere with my choices? Would the group be offended if I picked a classic that I just have never seen? Like a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musical or even something I love that is legitimately insane like Jesus Christ Superstar (that movie is fantastic)?

• Like 6

I'm definitely interested in participating, I am just afraid my lack of musical knowledge might interfere with my choices? Would the group be offended if I picked a classic that I just have never seen? Like a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musical or even something I love that is legitimately insane like Jesus Christ Superstar (that movie is fantastic)?

That's fantastic! I'll write you in after Cam Bert.

As far as choices goes, whatever you want. This is a judgement free zone. And while I can only speak for myself, I want to watch as many different things as possible whether they be good, bad, crazy, obscure, or whatever. Shoot, I almost picked Hope, Crosby, and Lamour's Road to Bali as my first pick, but mainly because I wanted to hear Cakebug Tranch's reaction to the Australian accents...

• Like 3

Shoot, I almost picked Hope, Crosby, and Lamour's Road to Bali as my first pick, but mainly because I wanted to hear Cakebug Tranch's reaction to the Australian accents...

tumblr_m6g2ycm0NL1qhi49bo1_500.gif

• Like 2

Yes to both picks!

• Like 1

Do you want a pick though? I know you've suggested a couple, but you may not get them unless you jump in there.

No at this point you can forget my picks I would like some time to pick a good one. but if anyone likes my suggestions please by all means. I don't want to be that guy who made you all watch phantom of the paradise or clambake. Kind of a bit bipolar on the subject. God I wish we could have a polling system..

• Like 1

Whoever has the week that coincides with the DVD release of La La Land has an easy choice.

Maybe watching that movie tonight "La la land".

I have never seen Jesus Christ Superstar.

I do have a copy of

yet to watch. I've never seen that yet I love christopher walken. just watched the Comfort of Strangers for the first time the other night. so it hit me to see pennys from heaven. if you guys have never seen Comfort of Strangers, just take my word for it and blind down load it now off of itunes or where ever. do it! BEST ENDING EVER! is all I can say.
  • Like 2

No at this point you can forget my picks I would like some time to pick a good one. but if anyone likes my suggestions please by all means. I don't want to be that guy who made you all watch phantom of the paradise or clambake. Kind of a bit bipolar on the subject. God I wish we could have a polling system..

I would have no problem watching either of those.

• Like 1

Maybe watching that movie tonight "La la land".

OK I watched La la land...

If you got a name badge, named Paul Scheer. I feel your going to have a shit eating grin on your face by the 27min mark.. I think your going to have a good time with this

. <-- spoiler, I know at that point i was for some reason thinking about you..

2v99bh1.jpg

I don't know if you all know this, but once a year, Ryan Gosling comes out of his hiding place to see if he can find his shadow Oscer , and if he finds it, we are doomed for another six more weeks of snow... this happens around Oscer season. :P or so it seems each year.

all in all there was only really one song in this movie that got re-used over and over

. and for me it got old real fast.

confusion!

wasn't recommmending la la land as a part of musical monday's but was just simply doing a review. as i had said I was maybe watching it, that night.

and now you guys have to watch it for that 27mins to understand what the hell I am talking about. LOL

• Like 1

Sorry, I forgot that we can no longer Edit old posts...

Welcome aboard, Cinco an 24 Hour Party Pizza!

MUSICAL MONDAYS ROTATION

Fister Roboto

Cameron H.

Tomspanks

Taylorannephoto

Cakebug Tranch

Cam Bert

Quasar Sniffer

Cinco DeNio

24 Hour Party Pizza

ADD MEEEEEE! I'm so excited!

Adding you now! Glad to have you aboard. Let me know if you have any questions.

• Like 2

Cameron H - are you able to edit the first post and list the movie picks next to the names?

• Like 1

Cameron H - are you able to edit the first post and list the movie picks next to the names?

Maaaaaybe.....

• Like 2

I added you, Jammer!

I'm not ready for this much responsibility.

• Like 4

I'm not ready for this much responsibility.

The bar for picking a good one is MUCH lower than the bar for picking the worst one, if it's any consolation.

• Like 5