🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Auden

Austin HDTGM Show -- Additional Tickets Going on Sale

Just received an e-mail from Paramount:

... Now that all current ticket holders have been transferred to the Paramount, additional tickets will go on sale this Wednesday at 10am.
  • Like 4

2h4ktb9.jpg

Not to copycat taylor anne, this is just the best reaction gif I have atm

• Like 2

2h4ktb9.jpg

Not to copycat taylor anne, this is just the best reaction gift I have atm

EjyxD.gif Likely story...

• Like 3

btw, is there any estimate on how much tickets cost? Just so I know how much I need to have on hand

$35 for the ticket, $10.30 for taxes and fees.

• Like 1

Guh, the damn thing froze when I tried to hit "add to cart" and by the time I got back, all but two random orchestra seats were sold out. I ended up grabbing a couple in Mezzanine in the back. I'm a bit miffed, but I got tickets I guess...

• Like 1

Literally that EXACT same thing happened to me! Three times in fact! I also got Mezzanine seats though!

• Like 3

Literally that EXACT same thing happened to me! Three times in fact! I also got Mezzanine seats though!

Let's rock the Mezzanine together!

I hope you guys have a lot of fun...

tumblr_mkq6msL7Ly1r1asoxo1_400.gif

• Like 2

I hope you guys have a lot of fun...

tumblr_mkq6msL7Ly1r1asoxo1_400.gif

Poor Cameron H, Music to go along with that picture as he takes the long walk home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc

that music is so fitting for that picture.. I do have to pat myself on the back for that one.

and on that note, welcome to my world, because they are never coming to Edmonton, let alone Calgary.

• Like 1

Poor Cameron H, Music to go along with that picture as he takes the long walk home.

and on that note, welcome to my world, because they are never coming to Edmonton, let alone Calgary.

I'm not from Texas. I was hoping to maybe fly out there--kind of a birthday gift to myself. If I were ever able to make it to a show, I'd rather it be in Texas simply because so many of the forum folk live out that way. Oh well.. I hope you guys get the opportunity to do a live C&O! If anyone deserves to do so, it's you guys!

• Like 1

Hey Cam, I just looked and there are still a few seats left.

Roommate and I are up for something. We're probably gonna make it a day trip. There's a really good ramen shop we went to once when we were downtown. Debating on trying to get to IKEA in Round Rock too lol

Hey Cam, I just looked and there are still a few seats left.

Thanks, Auden!

Great News! My wife has given me permission to go!

HOWEVER...

I am just trying to figure out the logistics as to whether or not I actually can. Since I would be going out by myself, I would have to coordinate with my mother-in-law to fly down that weekend and see if she would be willing to help out with the kids. So, I have to first make sure that works for her.

My only other issue is with the seating, assuming there's even anything left by the time I do all of the above, all that appears to be left currently is a bunch of "partial view" or "nose bleed" seats. So while I would love to fly out there and meet you all (and watch the show of course) do I really want to pay for round trip tickets for both my mother-in-law and myself, plus accommodations in Austin, for not-so-great seats?

But all this is moot if I can't get my MiL on board...We'll see! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 5

Random question, but isn't there a pinball arcade in Austin too? I've only been once during a convention, so I'm not that familiar with what's there.

• Like 1

Random question, but isn't there a pinball arcade in Austin too? I've only been once during a convention, so I'm not that familiar with what's there.

Yeah. There's Pinballz, which is about a 15 minute drive or so from downtown. It's a BYOB arcade that's about half pinball machines (I assume it's also BYOKeyboard if you want to jam out like Elton while you play).

• Like 3

Roommate and I are up for something. We're probably gonna make it a day trip. There's a really good ramen shop we went to once when we were downtown. Debating on trying to get to IKEA in Round Rock too lol

Is it Ramen Tatsu-Ya?

Is it Ramen Tatsu-Ya?

No, it was Daruma Ramen. Their dinner hours are probably an issue now that I look.

No, it was Daruma Ramen. Their dinner hours are probably an issue now that I look.

Yeah, Tatsu-Ya is a little farther north (but is really close to Pinballz). They opened a second location that's closer to downtown, but it's still not, like, in walking distance or anything.

Austin is swimming in ramen!

• Like 4

Austin is swimming in ramen!

Yeah, there's also Michi, but the one close to downtown is carryout/delivery only, which is 100% bullshit (but it's my least favorite of the three anyway)