🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Auden

Austin HDTGM Show -- Additional Tickets Going on Sale

Hey guys!

I saw that the twitter account mentioned a secret second show being announced on the mailing list. I wanted to know if this information has been posted in a newsletter yet. I hadn't joined the mailing list, but I am now! I may also have an extra ticket to the show in Austin. I will post here if I am going to sell it.

Thanks!

Hey guys!

I saw that the twitter account mentioned a secret second show being announced on the mailing list. I wanted to know if this information has been posted in a newsletter yet. I hadn't joined the mailing list, but I am now! I may also have an extra ticket to the show in Austin. I will post here if I am going to sell it.

Thanks!

I haven't seen anything about the 2nd show, and I've been signed up for the mailing list since I bought the tickets the first time. I'm going to be extremely upset if there's a 2nd show and I don't get tickets.

Wait the paramount email list or a HDTGM email list???

I thought they meant the Paramount list, but maybe they mean this list that - so far as I can tell - they've only posted to their Facebook group:

https://goo.gl/forms/ZLCX0Dt49osFe7I73

There are so many channels of communication going, it's damn near impossible for people to keep up, and it's really frustrating. If only they had an official forum of some kind where they could centralize communications rather than having to check Twitter, email, Facebook groups, or Facebook events for updates.

Also, if this second show is at Ritz, this is right back to the Stateside problem. Actually, it's worse because Stateside seats 298 and Alamo Ritz seats 175 (for comparison, Paramount seats 1,275), so good fucking luck everyone.

• Like 3

I thought they meant the Paramount list, but maybe they mean this list that - so far as I can tell - they've only posted to their Facebook group:

https://goo.gl/forms/ZLCX0Dt49osFe7I73

There are so many channels of communication going, it's damn near impossible for people to keep up, and it's really frustrating. If only they had an official forum of some kind where they could centralize communications rather than having to check Twitter, email, Facebook groups, or Facebook events for updates.

Also, if this second show is at Ritz, this is right back to the Stateside problem. Actually, it's worse because Stateside seats 298 and Alamo Ritz seats 175 (for comparison, Paramount seats 1,275), so good fucking luck everyone.

I think they put that mailing list up on Twitter as well. I signed up for it.

I haven't received any emails.

• Like 2

I think they put that mailing list up on Twitter as well. I signed up for it.

I haven't received any emails.

Oh, you're right. They posted it once back on the 10th. In the middle of all of the posts about the Escape from LA episode.

Sorry, I'm cranky this morning and just frustrated by the way this whole thing has been planned. I'm really hoping the Austin show ends up being a major success so they'll do future shows here, too.

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm cranky this morning and just frustrated by the way this whole thing has been planned. I'm really hoping the Austin show ends up being a major success so they'll do future shows here, too.

I was thinking this same thing. I really hope the fact that this has so far been kind of a shit show doesn't prevent them from branching out of LA/NY in the future.

• Like 3

I was thinking this same thing. I really hope the fact that this has so far been kind of a shit show doesn't prevent them from branching out of LA/NY in the future.

Agreed. And I'm really trying to avoid just complaining because I do totally appreciate the fact that they are even coming to Austin. It's just frustrating that they went from two shows to one show to one show plus "something special" that less than 10% of the people at the main show will get to see.

• Like 3

Agreed. And I'm really trying to avoid just complaining because I do totally appreciate the fact that they are even coming to Austin. It's just frustrating that they went from two shows to one show to one show plus "something special" that less than 10% of the people at the main show will get to see.

My problem is with Paramount. That site still has such a backwards way of purchasing tickets and I would have never complained once if it had operated like every other ticket purchasing site does. Plus I wouldn't think the gang would automatically know which room has the larger size and would be better for them since they don't perform down here that often

(true story in 2010 I walked by Paul right outside of Paramount during SXSW and turned to my friends and yelled, "OMG THAT WAS PAUL SHEER!" Same thing happened with Reggie Watts two years later on 2nd lol)

• Like 4

My problem is with Paramount. That site still has such a backwards way of purchasing tickets and I would have never complained once if it had operated like every other ticket purchasing site does. Plus I wouldn't think the gang would automatically know which room has the larger size and would be better for them since they don't perform down here that often

Do you mean the queue system? I get why they did that (it serves as a load balancer to keep the site from crashing). A lot of sites are starting to use that (e.g., Alamo used it for Rogue one tickets), but my problem is 1) they didn't say there was going to be a queue, and 2) people could get into the queue before tickets went on sale, which wasn't communicated.

• Like 1

Do you mean the queue system? I get why they did that (it serves as a load balancer to keep the site from crashing). A lot of sites are starting to use that (e.g., Alamo used it for Rogue one tickets), but my problem is 1) they didn't say there was going to be a queue, and 2) people could get into the queue before tickets went on sale, which wasn't communicated.

Yes and no. I get why they have it, but the way it works seems odd. Like it appears to be randomly generated rather than based on when you get onto the site and that doesn't seem fair. I agree about the lack of communication about the queue but this next time I swear they changed that because I got on a half an hour before my friend did but she got a higher spot in the queue than me. But also if you choose your seats and add them to your cart then good luck actually getting those seats because seconds later they'll be gone. Then the site will freeze because there's no way to X out of the error message and by the time you get to refresh another whole chunk of shit will be gone. That just seems backwards and pointless.

• Like 1

On twitter it says they emailed ppl on the list who said they were in Austin or Texas, but I never got an email either. I checked my spam folder too. Something is buggy maybe?

Not that I can go, but if there's a technical issue with the mailing list, I hope it can be worked out.

• Like 1

I just registered with it this morning so I may have missed the roll out of emails, but yeah I didn't get one either.

I just registered with it this morning so I may have missed the roll out of emails, but yeah I didn't get one either.

Yeah, I didn't see that rmail list until late last night. I asked them if they were going to resend because they told me to sign up. They haven't responded. Be sure you put Texas or Austin in the closest city field.

Yeah, I didn't see that rmail list until late last night. I asked them if they were going to resend because they told me to sign up. They haven't responded. Be sure you put Texas or Austin in the closest city field.

Well shit I put Dallas so that may cut me out

I resubmitted on the Google doc so we'll see I guess

• Like 1

Well, if I hear anything, I'll be sure to pass it along (and hopefully others will do the same).

• Like 1

So a Texas city that's not Austin doesn't count? I didn't realize there was a catch to that input field, so I went with San Antonio pff.

I signed up days ago after seeing it on Facebook, but have yet to get any emails.

So a Texas city that's not Austin doesn't count? I didn't realize there was a catch to that input field, so I went with San Antonio pff.

I signed up days ago after seeing it on Facebook, but have yet to get any emails.

Yeah, they should have done city and state so they could just filter by state.

• Like 2

if I didn't have a passport, I would drive down to Texas and drive you to that show.

never been to Texas so I can't say I could get you there on time, but I would be willing to try.

I've driven down to Austin more times than I can count so that's really not an issue lol, but thanks

• Like 2