🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 120 — Farts and Procreation

One of my all time favorite episodes. Yes, it's dumb, but it's dumb in the same way the "Limerick Writer" was about a year ago. The idea of taking people with characters that are more of a descriptive sentence than a fully thought out character and forcing them to delve deeper into them is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Having people have to think on their feet and not letting them back down from their choices are one of the reasons I listen to Comedy Bang Bang. I was listening to this while eating lunch at work and I got very strange looks from people as I tried to explain what I was listening to.

One of my all time favorite episodes. Yes, it's dumb, but it's dumb in the same way the "Limerick Writer" was about a year ago. The idea of taking people with characters that are more of a descriptive sentence than a fully thought out character and forcing them to delve deeper into them is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Having people have to think on their feet and not letting them back down from their choices are one of the reasons I listen to Comedy Bang Bang. I was listening to this while eating lunch at work and I got very strange looks from people as I tried to explain what I was listening to.

I loved this episode.

Clock Flofferman and Harris have a weird chemistry unique to the rest of the show, and it only seems to come through on CBB episodes. That's why Harris is a great guest for CBB in particular.

Adam Scott is usually a little too dry for me (still like him a lot) so it was nice to hear him really letting loose and being stupid/silly.

Chelsea Peretti - didn't forget about her. The "hmmm" after Harris' comment to the latina woman who's interested in everything was probably he best laugh of the episode.

Maybe you guys should tape more episodes late at night, as schedules allow. It gives the show a nice, slightly wackier feel than usual.

I loved this episode.

Clock Flofferman and Harris have a weird chemistry unique to the rest of the show, and it only seems to come through on CBB episodes. That's why Harris is a great guest for CBB in particular.

Adam Scott is usually a little too dry for me (still like him a lot) so it was nice to hear him really letting loose and being stupid/silly.

Chelsea Peretti - didn't forget about her. The "hmmm" after Harris' comment to the latina woman who's interested in everything was probably he best laugh of the episode.

Maybe you guys should tape more episodes late at night, as schedules allow. It gives the show a nice, slightly wackier feel than usual.

I guess I understand how it feels for people like Anonymous James, since there have been some episodes that other people loved that I hated.
Except... I didn't write a 2 page essay about how much the show sucks, I just shrugged off that episode (and probably made some creepily homoerotic comments about one of the guests).

This episode was (seemingly) going nowhere at one point, and then exploded out of that gutter in a bright, incestuous fireball.
Muthafuck tha h8terz, y'all.

I guess I understand how it feels for people like Anonymous James, since there have been some episodes that other people loved that I hated.
Except... I didn't write a 2 page essay about how much the show sucks, I just shrugged off that episode (and probably made some creepily homoerotic comments about one of the guests).

This episode was (seemingly) going nowhere at one point, and then exploded out of that gutter in a bright, incestuous fireball.
Muthafuck tha h8terz, y'all.

It pisses me off that someone as pretty as Adam Scott is so fucking brilliant.
HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR?!?!?!
Having said that the funniest part of the show to me was from about the 10:51 mark when Adam suddenly brings up what a world we're living in now that the whole booking side of the show had been planned over emails, without a single face to face meeting. I can't quite tell whether that was Adam making fun of that cliche or whether he was sincere but at 11:30 when Scott starts to brutally take the piss out of it with his "That's a good point ... that's a good point, because, I mean remember ... when we were kids ... you'd have to like, call someone on the phone" those short pauses feel like genius to me. That timing and phrasing of the way Scott rolls out that play ... that's majestic. That's nothing short of glorious.
And then after Adam bumbles along a little more Scott asks, "Is the world better for that though?" and I lose control of all my organs, both inner and outer.

It pisses me off that someone as pretty as Adam Scott is so fucking brilliant.
HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR?!?!?!
Having said that the funniest part of the show to me was from about the 10:51 mark when Adam suddenly brings up what a world we're living in now that the whole booking side of the show had been planned over emails, without a single face to face meeting. I can't quite tell whether that was Adam making fun of that cliche or whether he was sincere but at 11:30 when Scott starts to brutally take the piss out of it with his "That's a good point ... that's a good point, because, I mean remember ... when we were kids ... you'd have to like, call someone on the phone" those short pauses feel like genius to me. That timing and phrasing of the way Scott rolls out that play ... that's majestic. That's nothing short of glorious.
And then after Adam bumbles along a little more Scott asks, "Is the world better for that though?" and I lose control of all my organs, both inner and outer.

HARRIS WITTELS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!! Please bring back Adam Scott, Chelsea Peretti, and Harris, seriously I laughed so hard, I LOVED this episode!

HARRIS WITTELS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!! Please bring back Adam Scott, Chelsea Peretti, and Harris, seriously I laughed so hard, I LOVED this episode!

@ Brian: Little bit of column A, little bit of column B, ifyaknowwhatImeanheheheheh. Wink.
(I don't know what I mean.)