🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 96 - The Bell House: Live from The Bell House (w/ Nathan Lee Graham, Chelsea Clarke, Shannon O’Neill, Gary Richardson)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes back the East Coast and it’s representatives to Spontaneanation, recorded in front of a LIVE audience at The Bell House in Brooklyn! This week, Paul’s special return guest is singer/actor/writer/director Nathan Lee Graham! They chat about which song was playing when Nathan lost his virginity, performing at a petting zoo, and Nathan's "Harriet Tubman Tour" of Germany with "Jesus Christ Superstar." Paul is then joined by Chelsea Clarke, Shannon O’Neill, and Gary Richardson, to improvise a story set at The Bell House. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

The energy levels of these Bell House shows is fantastic, and Nathan takes it to another level!

Am I the only one who found the audio in this ep bad? The audience was miked, but at a higher level that the stage...me sad.

It wasn't ideal, but it wasn't by any means unlistenable.

Never have I wanted a video version of SPONT more than when Nathan Lee Graham is guest.

Am I the only one who found the audio in this ep bad? The audience was miked, but at a higher level that the stage...me sad.

Hey there! We have gotten a fair amount of comments about the audio on these Bell House shows. We tried floor mics for these shows, because we had hoped to make things simpler when we do road shows, but still preserve the freedom of movement for the performers. We researched the mics thoroughly and spent a good deal of money on them. Us, not Earwolf. Eban and I.

The audience was not miked at a higher level than the stage. The layout of the Bell House/our equipment was such that the audience was only minimally miked.

We checked and double-checked everything at sound check, but! The audience doesn't come to sound check. The Bell House is a good-sized venue and they can pack a lot of people in there, far more than Largo, and these folks were INTO THE SHOW. We could not have anticipated that their response would be so emphatic. I mean, not without being a little monstrous.

We have a couple more live shows that were miked with headset mics and should sound like our Largo shows traditionally have sounded. We will continue to improve the live sound.

Thank you all for listening and enjoying the show.

• Like 4

Thanks, Paul! We appreciate all the work you and Eban put into these shows!

Sign in to follow this