🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 3 (Taylor Anne Photo's Choice)

Shit y'all sorry I meant this version

beastly-poster-kyle-and-lindy-lovers-17519337-796-1214_197259625.jpg

Is it just me or are 90% of that Beast's 'ugliness' self-inflicted? That Beast has spent hundreds of dollars on tattoos and all he gets for it is a pity shag from the High School Musical girl? Lame.

• Like 1

Shit y'all sorry I meant this version

Oh! Thanks for clarifying. For a minute, I thought you meant Beauty and the Beat...

gogos-beauty_12-640x640.jpg

I've been listening to "Our Lips are Sealed" all day.

• Like 4

Tellin' lies,

Well that's no surprise.

I'd be lying if I said that cruising around with The Go-Gos didn't look like it would be a real hoot and a holler.

• Like 3

I'd be lying if I said that cruising around with The Go-Gos didn't look like it would be a real hoot and a holler.

If you could hang out with a Go-Go for a day, which one would it be? (This question isn't meant to be creepy)

I've always thought Jane Wiedlin would be a blast to hang out with. She's had such a varied career, and I bet she has the best stories.

• Like 2

Y'all don't even know about my Linda Hamilton/Ron Perlman joint.

beauty-and-the-beast.png

Been a long time, but from what I remember this was a decent show. It was kinda soapy but more of a mystery of the week show like Murder She Wrote. Hamilton was a NYC reporter, Perlman was the Beast from the subway. It had this cool gothic vision of NYC that was fairly novel at the time. Good makeup, too.

• Like 3

If you could hang out with a Go-Go for a day, which one would it be? (This question isn't meant to be creepy)

I've always thought Jane Wiedlin would be a blast to hang out with. She's had such a varied career, and I bet she has the best stories.

Spoiler alert: She dies

telegram.jpg

Oh, Jane! 100% No contest.

I was very much in love with Belinda in the 80's but I have to agree with the Jane comments. Belinda always seemed too fussy.

Jane, however - take her to the mall and just wait for an aerobics class to bust out!

tumblr_inline_nd3fveBz301qf8b7u.gif

CReSPF3WoAA_UMb.jpg

• Like 5

I was very much in love with Belinda in the 80's but I have to agree with the Jane comments. Belinda always seemed too fussy.

Jane, however - take her to the mall and just wait for an aerobics class to bust out!

CReSPF3WoAA_UMb.jpg

Let's just say, if any one of The Go-Gos were willing to hang out with any of us we'd be some lucky motherfuckers.

• Like 3

CReSPF3WoAA_UMb.jpg

I won't lie and say that her appearance in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure doesn't contribute heavily to my decision.

• Like 4

Did you know that Canon the wonderful people behind Over the Top, Lifeforce, The Apple and other gems made their own musical version of Beauty and the Beast?

2371a8bdda7e858687f0e7bb948ea44d.jpg

• Like 5

Did you know that Canon the wonderful people behind Over the Top, Lifeforce, The Apple and other gems made their own musical version of Beauty and the Beast?

2371a8bdda7e858687f0e7bb948ea44d.jpg

You can't some in here, drop that knowledge, and not give us a trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEcOCxMYrSI&t=29s

ETA: They won't let me embed it. Now I look like an asshole.

murder.gif

I'm sorry, Cam...I never should have doubted you.

• Like 2

You can't some in here, drop that knowledge, and not give us a trailer...

ETA: They won't let me embed it. Now I look like an asshole.

I'm sorry, Cam...I never should have doubted you.

It's all right. I think this one may work...

• Like 4

I'm watching this tonight, and I want to talk about it already.

Ugh.

I forgot how much I genuinely enjoy this movie.

• Like 5

Things I can talk about before next Monday -

When this tattoo artist out in East Texas finally opens his books again (he's crazy popular) I'm gonna get the stained glass rose on the inside of my arm

rlx3dJr.jpg

Just take out the hand and then the circled area is exactly what I'm getting *thumbs up*

• Like 3

Things I can talk about before next Monday -

When this tattoo artist out in East Texas finally opens his books again (he's crazy popular) I'm gonna get the stained glass rose on the inside of my arm

rlx3dJr.jpg

Just take out the hand and then the circled area is exactly what I'm getting *thumbs up*

Wait....are you or are you not getting a thumbs up tattoo?

• Like 3

Apropos nothing...

This morning my son woke me up at 5AM, so, as usual, I used this time to watch or finish watching a movie. This morning, I finished watching The World According to Garp and started Cocoon.

Now, I'm not sure how familiar you all are with Cocoon, but I don't think I've ever seen it. It begins with a bright light beaming into the Gulf of Mexico near a pod of dolphins while sinister sounding, atonal synth music plays in the background. It then cuts to a retirement community. I was watching Wilfred Brimley and Don Amache navigate the halls of this rest home, and although their lips were moving, no sound was coming out--just this continued atonal music from the first scene. As they walk, they see a group of retirees doing aerobics--specifically, this kind of swimming motion. There are dolphin cries. The woman says something to them--still inaudible. Don Amache responds. Everyone laughs. Nothing but silence and that persistent music.

And I'm thinking to myself, "Wow! This is really bold. The silence really underscores the routine of their existence. Fascinating." Then the picture froze. "Great," I think to myself, "The Internet is down..." Since I'm watching it on Amazon Video, I back out of the movie and immediately resume it. It starts from the beginning. It's then that I realized, what I though to be such a bold film making decision, was really just the sound and picture being out of sync.

Thank God I'm pretty...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

This may be a blasphemous thing I'm saying, and out me as being not nearly up enough on the American film catalogue, but how's 'The World According to Garp'? I've never seen it, but I read the book last year. Garp is such an insufferable tool in that thing, and the story is so painful in so many ways, that when i heard that John Lithgow plays Roberta Muldoon (voiced, in my head, as Paul F. Tompkins-style GoGo), I thought that might be one to give a wide, wide berth.

I loved 'Cocoon' when I was a kid. One of those movies it seemed we rented three times a year, but really it's about old people mooching youth off giant eggs.

• Like 1