🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 4-Beauty and the Beast

Part of it is steam powered from the kettle, but you would need a heat source to boil the water.

I want to know how does it keep reloading more logs to chop

So, is it like a perpetual motion machine? It's only purpose is to sustain itself and continue indefinitely?

• Like 1

So, it it like a perpetual motion machine? It's only purpose is to sustain itself and continue indefinitely?

Maurice, hard at work formulating his latest invention (exchange?)...

f742684afcb624130102c800104c92a6.jpg

"It was a beast, I tell you!"

• Like 5

"Belle deer, I've invented a device that'll allow you to see who's at the door!"

"Oh, did you drill a small hole in the door and attach a lens?"

"What? No! We drill some holes in the roof and the walls and via a series of tubes can look out like it's a small hole with a lens like it's in the middle of the door but it'll be next to it."

Seriously though, that's a better invention the the steam powered wood cutter.

Slightly OT but since I live near Philadelphia...

I always liked Ben Franklin's mother-in-law mirror. Hang it outside the 2nd-floor window over the doorstep. You can see who's at the door and if anyone's coming up the street from either direction.

clip_image044[3].jpg

• Like 4

When did we decide as a culture that if someone runs an Asylum they must be evil? Some people have serious problems and need a place to go where they won't be a danger to themselves and others.

But if you think about the history of psychiatric hospitals it wasn't just us deciding that they were evil. There were a looot of cases of abuse and just all around horrible things happening at Asylums up until most were shut down in the 70s and 80s! Plus when you think about how easy it was to get thrown in??? If you were dyslexic they had grounds to put you into a hospital! Of course there were serious cases where people needed a place to really go to but the fact that they were being lobotomized and beaten and left to sit in their own filth was not the way to go about that.

Therefore asylum managers = evil lol

• Like 3

Really wish I could find a online video of Ron Perlman singing Beauty and the Beast Drunk karaoke style, if you've never listen to the nerdist podcast Ron Perlman as a guest, he talks about his love for karaoke and frank sinatra. that would be a Beauty and the Beast movie/ song event I could enjoy.

I think i would piss my pants if I heard Ron Perlman singing Beauty and the Beast in a bar.

awfcdw.jpg

• Like 3

Really wish I could find a online video of Ron Perlman singing Beauty and the Beast Drunk karaoke style, if you've never listen to the nerdist podcast Ron Perlman as a guest, he talks about his love for karaoke and frank sinatra. that would be a Beauty and the Beast movie/ song event I could enjoy.

I think i would piss my pants if I heard Ron Perlman singing Beauty and the Beast in a bar.

1iljbw.jpg

I was looking at Beauty & the Beast fan art and went down a deep, dark rabbit hole from which I've only just recovered. I forget how obsessive some pop culture fans can be.

Y5mN0del.jpg

This one artist had hundreds of Gaston drawings made with colored pencils, some less rudimentary than others. I hesitate to make an armchair psychological diagnosis.

C7SIdB3.jpg

Boi is THICC tho.

• Like 5

We flew through this whole conversation in 3 days and while I still have this week I want to ONCE AGAIN point out that this movie is perfect, the music is perfect, and I am perfect at picking movies. K thnx.

• Like 6

It's tricky when you pick something that's universally agreed to be something good, with a good take on a beloved story, with great music and reminiscences of our childhoods. It was a great pick, Taylor. Which is why, in the spirit of this site, I am picking something that's not quite as repellent as Tommy, but nowhere near as easy to agree on as Beauty and the Beast. Stay tuned.

• Like 6

We flew this whole conversation in 3 days and while I still have this week I want to ONCE AGAIN point out that this movie is perfect, the music is perfect, and I am perfect at picking movies. K thnx.

I think we also shouldn't jump the gun on Musical Mondays unless the minisodes are late. That was the case this week, and it gave us a good chance to keep chatting about something while we waited for the mini. Then the mini took over, and we all fell into an abusive relationship with Airborne.

I don't think I mentioned it before, but I'd prefer if we did it that way. Musical Mondays can only be moved up if there's no mini episode to keep us busy.

• Like 4

I also wanted to raise my.voice in praise of your pick, but then I saw what an ego you were getting about it that now I won't and I never will ;)

I am excited about what Cakebug has in store for us though...

• Like 4

I am excited about what Cakebug has in store for us though...

Careful what you wish for... :wacko:

• Like 3

Careful what you wish for... :wacko:/>/>

I want it to be GAAARBAGE!!!

giphy.gif

And then, I will never let you live it down...

• Like 2

I want it to be GAAARBAGE!!!

And then I will never let you live it down...

I'm slightly worried that everyone will go, "oh, THAT movie, sure okay, whatever you say bro". It's definitely not garbage, but definitely not perfect either. It's a love it or hate it I think. We'll see!

• Like 2

I'm slightly worried that everyone will go, "oh, THAT movie, sure okay, whatever you say bro". It's definitely not garbage, but definitely not perfect either. It's a love it or hate it I think. We'll see!

Oh.

tumblr_mu221iPb9h1r3yxp8o1_400.gif

• Like 2

Oh.

tumblr_mu221iPb9h1r3yxp8o1_400.gif

Sorry, Garbage guy. Based on letterboxd, some, but not all of us have seen it. Some like it. Some do NOT. Yay!

• Like 1

Sorry, Garbage guy. Based on letterboxd, some, but not all of us have seen it. Some like it. Some do NOT. Yay!

Have I seen it and do I hate it?

• Like 2

Ain't sayin'. Don't want to give it away!

It's freaking unnatural that I look forward to Mondays as much as I do now. What kind of topsy-turvey world have I stumbled into?

• Like 2