🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 8.3 — Using a Famous Guest: Day 3

Four podcasts become three as we reach the end of the week. Only one podcast is safe this week making it one of the toughest eliminations yet. Who will go home? You'll have to listen to find out. And as always, leave your thoughts and critiques on our forums.

Four podcasts become three as we reach the end of the week. Only one podcast is safe this week making it one of the toughest eliminations yet. Who will go home? You'll have to listen to find out. And as always, leave your thoughts and critiques on our forums.

I think the judges made the right decision and the points were all valid. My only criticism is that Harris was a little to much of an apologist for TLP. Down to three! Maybe they will all form like Voltron to make "The Totally Left Dum Dum Club." UNSTOPPABLE! :)

I think the judges made the right decision and the points were all valid. My only criticism is that Harris was a little to much of an apologist for TLP. Down to three! Maybe they will all form like Voltron to make "The Totally Left Dum Dum Club." UNSTOPPABLE! :)

Good discussions, good decision.

Rock on Bob and Dan.

Good discussions, good decision.

Rock on Bob and Dan.

Doug really killed it. I think this was easily the most constructive episode of the series, Doug actually offered options, had strong, valid opinions and really talked to the podcasters. It even seems like he went a few yards further than anyone else so far in figuring out what each show was. I think this has been the cleanest three episodes yet, on Monday Matt talked to the fans, answered questions, and I think he put a lot of problems to rest. Even if he didn't, he put a face to the show more than the forums could. I only had one problem on Tuesday, I felt like it was not explained to the judges that there was a ten minute time limit, and Left Handed was being judged unfairly, but that was addressed today, so... awesome. I have been an earwolf fan for a long time, as I am sure many of the forum folks also have, and I think it is the nature of the beast of comedy nerdom to get really heated over particular things that feel off, but i wholeheartedly believe this show proved its value this week, and that when the kinks can be ironed out it can be an amazing thing. I'm sad to see Bob and Dan go, they have quickly become a show that I love to listen to, but I can honestly say I will be stoked for any show that takes.

Thanks Earwolf, the wolf may be dead, but this whole thing is barely getting started

Doug really killed it. I think this was easily the most constructive episode of the series, Doug actually offered options, had strong, valid opinions and really talked to the podcasters. It even seems like he went a few yards further than anyone else so far in figuring out what each show was. I think this has been the cleanest three episodes yet, on Monday Matt talked to the fans, answered questions, and I think he put a lot of problems to rest. Even if he didn't, he put a face to the show more than the forums could. I only had one problem on Tuesday, I felt like it was not explained to the judges that there was a ten minute time limit, and Left Handed was being judged unfairly, but that was addressed today, so... awesome. I have been an earwolf fan for a long time, as I am sure many of the forum folks also have, and I think it is the nature of the beast of comedy nerdom to get really heated over particular things that feel off, but i wholeheartedly believe this show proved its value this week, and that when the kinks can be ironed out it can be an amazing thing. I'm sad to see Bob and Dan go, they have quickly become a show that I love to listen to, but I can honestly say I will be stoked for any show that takes.

Thanks Earwolf, the wolf may be dead, but this whole thing is barely getting started

I've learned a thing or two from the judges every week, but I think this week's judging session was my favorite. Doug and Harris really knew their stuff, and were obviously familiar with the Challenge and the contestants before coming in, which made this a fun listen. Also, just a side note, LHR did a great job defending themselves today. I agreed with Harris' initial criticism of their sketch, and their explanation made me understand their point of view. The top three all did great work this week, which is why I'm so excited to see what happens next week when things get really cutthroat!

I've learned a thing or two from the judges every week, but I think this week's judging session was my favorite. Doug and Harris really knew their stuff, and were obviously familiar with the Challenge and the contestants before coming in, which made this a fun listen. Also, just a side note, LHR did a great job defending themselves today. I agreed with Harris' initial criticism of their sketch, and their explanation made me understand their point of view. The top three all did great work this week, which is why I'm so excited to see what happens next week when things get really cutthroat!

Gonna have to chime in with my love for Doug's judging as Brian did. If you do decide to get permanent judges for the Earwolf Challenge 2, Doug Benson has to be one of them.

Gonna have to chime in with my love for Doug's judging as Brian did. If you do decide to get permanent judges for the Earwolf Challenge 2, Doug Benson has to be one of them.

It was awesome that the judges were familiar with the challenge this week. I felt that was one of the major things missing from this from the start. It was obvious that since they knew about the podcasts they were much more able to provide opinions and constructive criticism. Can't wait for next week, this show really has me hooked like any other reality show might.

It was awesome that the judges were familiar with the challenge this week. I felt that was one of the major things missing from this from the start. It was obvious that since they knew about the podcasts they were much more able to provide opinions and constructive criticism. Can't wait for next week, this show really has me hooked like any other reality show might.

I love Doug Benson talking seriously almost as much as I love him being silly, which is a lot. I think Bob and Dan just got a bit scared to be themselves with Nick Thune and I think the judges’ criticisms were spot on. I would have loved to see them just fit Thune into one of their recurring games or topics and try to let him be funny. It may have failed spectacularly, but at least it would have been them. Several of the contestants have tried to say, “But you told us not to do that last week…” and to me that is a bit of a cop out. I liked that Matt battled back at them and told them that they didn’t follow his advice. It was true of The F+ and Totally Laime as well, but over correcting on a note is the contestants fault, not the previous judges or Matt. I wish we got to hear more of the notes come to fruition / get implemented. That's the only thing missing from the show for me thus far, and it is one of the downsides of elimination reality shows in general.
Super good week of shows. I can’t wait to find out what the last two challenges will be.

I love Doug Benson talking seriously almost as much as I love him being silly, which is a lot. I think Bob and Dan just got a bit scared to be themselves with Nick Thune and I think the judges’ criticisms were spot on. I would have loved to see them just fit Thune into one of their recurring games or topics and try to let him be funny. It may have failed spectacularly, but at least it would have been them. Several of the contestants have tried to say, “But you told us not to do that last week…” and to me that is a bit of a cop out. I liked that Matt battled back at them and told them that they didn’t follow his advice. It was true of The F+ and Totally Laime as well, but over correcting on a note is the contestants fault, not the previous judges or Matt. I wish we got to hear more of the notes come to fruition / get implemented. That's the only thing missing from the show for me thus far, and it is one of the downsides of elimination reality shows in general.
Super good week of shows. I can’t wait to find out what the last two challenges will be.

I'd like to offer a name suggestion for Bob & Dan, based on Doug's "Dickin' Around" suggestion:
"BOBBING & DANNING AROUND"
OK, it's not Shakespeare, but Shakespeare never did a podcast, as far as I know.
One thing I'd say about their show that I don't think has been said, is that they can sound a little wooden for a show where they just riff. I forget who's who, but one of them especially seems to have his "radio voice" on too much. That precise diction is good for being understood, but it doesn't match the relaxed "shootin' the shit" format I think they're going for. Again, just a suggestion, take it for what it is.

I'd like to offer a name suggestion for Bob & Dan, based on Doug's "Dickin' Around" suggestion:
"BOBBING & DANNING AROUND"
OK, it's not Shakespeare, but Shakespeare never did a podcast, as far as I know.
One thing I'd say about their show that I don't think has been said, is that they can sound a little wooden for a show where they just riff. I forget who's who, but one of them especially seems to have his "radio voice" on too much. That precise diction is good for being understood, but it doesn't match the relaxed "shootin' the shit" format I think they're going for. Again, just a suggestion, take it for what it is.

Here's more horrible name suggestions:
-BOB & DANCAST A WIDE NET
-BOBBING & DANCING AROUND THE ISSUES
-THE DANCAST: FUCK BOB!
-GET TO KNOW BOB & DAN
-BOB & DAN: YES, THAT BOB & DAN!

Here's more horrible name suggestions:
-BOB & DANCAST A WIDE NET
-BOBBING & DANCING AROUND THE ISSUES
-THE DANCAST: FUCK BOB!
-GET TO KNOW BOB & DAN
-BOB & DAN: YES, THAT BOB & DAN!

@Brenda H... I'm not sure if this title says much about what their show is, but your "THE DANCAST: FUCK BOB!" suggestion made me laugh.

@Brenda H... I'm not sure if this title says much about what their show is, but your "THE DANCAST: FUCK BOB!" suggestion made me laugh.

Dan from LHR here- this is the part of the Challenge where seeing people go really starts to sting, if only because we all know how much work and thought EVERY contestant has put into their submissions over the last two months.

While I've not met B&D, earlier this spring when LHR bought an ad on Jordan, Jesse, Go!, they were kind enough to support us in the Maximum Fun forums, saying they dug our show and were now subscribers. Good dudes in my book. The work they've done on the Challenge to date has been great, and they really do have a super-fun podcast.

Godspeed and best of luck, boys. You're in good shape, and have got a real fan in me.

Sign in to follow this