🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 154.5 - Minisode 154.5

What do you think are the chances of Seth Green being a guest?

I don't see why not but then again it's hard to make fun of a persons movie in front of them. Not that I think he would care or be upset about it. but i miss the good old days of the show when someone involved into the film project would guest host on the show.

Listen, I don't know if you're deliberately being obtuse or you just don't "get it." I was pointing out that Sean Connery's Bond character SEXUALLY ASSAULTED a female character in Goldfinger. Don't turn it into a platform to discuss how you would "thank" him if that were to ever happen to you.

I was just making a joke, but it is a fictional movie about a double o seven spy who uses any means to get what he wants. you don't feel bad about all the people he kills along the way to get his way, done do you? it's just a movie and people need to remember that. it's no more realtistic then the fact the james bond drinks vodka none stop and only ever eats fish eggs.. the guy would be dead in the real world.

I am sorry it upset you.

• Like 1

Yes, agreed. This wasn't cool.

it's a movie! get over it. you guys are over analyzing everything in a film. a very good one at that. one of his best movies he's ever make btw, He's not raping anyone.

• Like 1

it's a movie! get over it.

No, sorry, bud. The problem isn't the movie, so much, it's the normalisation of rape culture narrative, where Bond is a 'hero' in that situation because he's too handsome to be culpable. Our world is changing, and Connery's Bond (and arguably others since) are dinosaurs of a time when we were supposed to look the other way at shit like this. We don't live in that generation anymore, so no, we shouldn't ever get over it.

• Like 5

you guys are over analyzing everything in a film.

Have you... noticed what forum we're on? That's kind of what we do.

• Like 5

I don't even know if that would be considered "overanalyzing," it seems to be a pretty accurate description of what is literally happening in that scene.

REGARDLESS, I would suggest, so as to keep this place a chill place to visit, we all just go ahead and refrain from jokes that make light of sexual assault and similar topics. While I believe everyone has the right to tell jokes about almost anything, that's a real difficult needle to thread. All it's going to do, whether intentionally or not, is piss a bunch of people off. So, maybe, let's just...not?

• Like 7

REGARDLESS, I would suggest, so as to keep this place a chill place to visit, we all just go ahead and refrain from jokes that make light of sexual assault and similar topics.

And while you're at it, I strongly suggest you stop with the unprovoked leering comments about driving female forum members to shows, masturbating to cartoons, etc. You have seriously misjudged the tone of these forums.

• Like 2

Back on topic...

Who's excited for 'Airborne'? Cameron H seems to suggest on Letterboxd it's the single greatest cinema experience of his life. Any early bets on its quality?

• Like 3

I don't know what happening on this forum or in real life anymore. I actually stopped coming here for several weeks because a couple of posts made me scratch my head (not anyone in particular). After the election I felt like I needed to reassess my perspective, because I was clearly out of step with a lot of people, right? The marches and events of the last week in the US have both reaffirmed my commitment to progressivism and also made me take a hard look at my ideals (like, punching white supremacists, for example).

This forum is a place for fans of a movie podcast, and I really love everyone here for keeping it funny and real. Something that I try to do these days while reading spicy online comments is try and evaluate intent and impact. I believe all of y'all are basically good folk who mean well, and I personally try (not always succeed, mind you) to assume everyone has good intentions.

I got really huffy last week in the A Dog's Purpose thread. I'm still embarrassed about that, and I'm sorry to Taylor Anne and Cameron for being a jerk. I hope it didn't give the forum a bad vibe. The US is in such a state right now and politics are all I have on my mind.

Thanks to Dan for moderating :wub:

• Like 7

Back on topic...

Cameron H seems to suggest on Letterboxd it's the single greatest cinema experience of his life. Any early bets on its quality?

When you say things like this...it stings. It's like you don't believe me. Let me just say this: always bet on black...and inoffensive 1990's rollerbladers who speak in cheesy surfer haikus.

• Like 3

I don't know what happening on this forum or in real life anymore. I actually stopped coming here for several weeks because a couple of posts made me scratch my head (not anyone in particular). After the election I felt like I needed to reassess my perspective, because I was clearly out of step with a lot of people, right? The marches and events of the last week in the US have both reaffirmed my commitment to progressivism and also made me take a hard look at my ideals (like, punching white supremacists, for example).

This forum is a place for fans of a movie podcast, and I really love everyone here for keeping it funny and real. Something that I try to do these days while reading spicy online comments is try and evaluate intent and impact. I believe all of y'all are basically good folk who mean well, and I personally try (not always succeed, mind you) to assume everyone has good intentions.

I got really huffy last week in the A Dog's Purpose thread. I'm still embarrassed about that, and I'm sorry to Taylor Anne and Cameron for being a jerk. I hope it didn't give the forum a bad vibe. The US is in such a state right now and politics are all I have on my mind.

Thanks to Dan for moderating :wub:/>/>

You're definitely not alone. It's actually why I appreciate the Instagram thing Paul and June are doing (I may even have to join Instagram. What?!?) While I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Dr. Pangloss on either side of the aisle right now, or anyone else proclaiming this to be a "the best of all possible worlds," I definitely think it's about time we all started tending to our own fucking gardens. If we can all just agree to be cool to each other, just an aura of friendliness will do, and not go out of our way to be assholes, regardless of our politics, this world would be in a much better state.

Basically...

94276-be-excellent-to-each-other-and-qgWR.gif

• Like 8

When you say things like this...it stings. It's like you don't believe me. Let me just say this: always bet on black...and inoffensive 1990's rollerbladers who speak in cheesy surfer haikus.

Nah, broheim, when I said 'quality', I was questioning whether it'd be totally tubular or epically bodacious.

tumblr_llqcnqxhaA1qacqfvo1_500.gif

• Like 2

I may even have to join Instagram. What?!?

Mostly I use Instagram to find out who the guests at the live shows are going to be. I KNOW THE FUTURE.

• Like 5

Nah, broheim, when I said 'quality', I was questioning whether it'd be totally tubular or epically bodacious.

I would describe it as a perfect session. Wave after wave, leading to the beach, splashing in your face. Small movements attack, and a perfect 360. It's an awakening of consciousness.

I.e. Stylin'

• Like 2

Ok, let me get this straight... He can't go to Australia for 6 months because he would miss school. So instead he'll miss school and head to Cincinnati, OH?

• Like 2

Ok, let me get this straight... He can't go to Australia for 6 months because he would miss school. So instead he'll miss school and head to Cincinnati, OH?

Yeah. First thought: they totally have schools in Australia.

• Like 5

As someone who grew up in Florida... is it common for school hockey teams to not have uniforms?

• Like 2

here's that video at a more eye/brain friendly speed .. 1:42 mins and no music this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ_5wHJZRTs

I individually added up all 150 HDTGM movie lengths and it comes out to:

15,507 minutes

or

258.45 hours

or

10.76875 days

So after watching Airborne, Paul, June and Jason have spent the equivalent of a week and a half of their lives watching these films.

I skimped out of a few of the more miserable ones but I watched most of them and I never even stopped to think about why we do this to ourselves :D

• Like 4

Yeah. First thought: they totally have schools in Australia.

I live in Australia and I can confirm that there are in fact no schools here and we pretty much live like the people In Mad Max: Fury Road.

• Like 9

Okay, I'm about to watch this movie now. I hope you guys haven't over hyped this...

• Like 3

I spent a lot of this movie distracted by how much like a young Jeff Fahey the actor playing Mitchell looked like. Then a spent the other half just confused and nostalgic. Yet was I once bored? Nope.

• Like 3

I would describe it as a perfect session. Wave after wave, leading to the beach, splashing in your face. Small movements attack, and a perfect 360. It's an awakening of consciousness.

I.e. Stylin'

Wow...I just rewatched this scene and the website that helps me get direct quotes couldn't have been more wrong. However, I maintain that both versions make just as much sense. Also, I prefer "small movements attack" to "doing a little lip action move" I may have to steal that...

• Like 1

So...all this time people have been calling me "pretty boy" they meant it as an insult?

• Like 1

Wow...I just rewatched this scene and the website that helps me get direct quotes couldn't have been more wrong. However, I maintain that both versions make just as much sense. Also, I prefer "small movements attack" to "doing a little lip action move" I may have to steal that...

Were you using the Springfield Springfield transcription site? I tried that for my signature, but it claimed the parents were going to study 'Australian bats'.

• Like 1

Were you using the Springfield Springfield transcription site? I tried that for my signature, but it claimed the parents were going to study 'Australian bats'.

I did! I should have known. When I looked up my signature it said she wanted to be Al Pacino's "personal" slave and I was like, that's not nearly as funny...

Usually that site is pretty good though.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this