🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 154.5 - Minisode 154.5

So maybe I wasn't paying attention at the beginning of the DEVIL'S BACKBONE (btw they are called "spines") race where they discussed the rules -- wait, did he just say "the only rule is there are no rules "? What kind of race is decided by whoever gets the most across the finish line? I've never heard of that before. When Mitchell was on the freeway and it seemed like he was going to lose, I was thinking him and Jake would have a heart-to-heart and talk about how winning wasn't as important as friends blah blah. Did I miss the part where they talked about Devil's Backbone being a double elimination race?

While there are no rules, the rule is the first team to get three people across the finish line wins. Snake gets there first followed closely by two preps. So only Blane is required at that point for the preps to win. Jack and Mitchell both need to cross for Central to win. The lesson is Blane's anger leads him to lose it all for his team.

• Like 3

While there are no rules, the rule is the first team to get three people across the finish line wins. Snake gets there first followed closely by two preps. So only Blane is required at that point for the preps to win. Jack and Mitchell both need to cross for Central to win.

I mean I figured that out -- I didn't have to watch it twice. But that's 1) a rule, 2) a dumb way to decide a race, and 3) really anticlimactic. Why aren't they hoisting Snake on their shoulders and cheering him? He won the fucking race.

• Like 2

Why aren't they hoisting Snake on their shoulders and cheering him? He won the fucking race.

They do. The have a three way high five.

Also, it's about having the best team, not just having one fast skater.

• Like 2

They do. The have a three way high five.

Also, it's about having the best team, not just having one fast skater.

2kwnD5L.jpg

You've won this round, Cameron. This isn't over. I'll see you... in the rink!

(I'll admit I was checked out at the end of this movie.)

• Like 5

So maybe I wasn't paying attention at the beginning of the DEVIL'S BACKBONE (btw they are called "spines") race where they discussed the rules -- wait, did he just say "the only rule is there are no rules "? What kind of race is decided by whoever gets the most across the finish line? I've never heard of that before. When Mitchell was on the freeway and it seemed like he was going to lose, I was thinking him and Jake would have a heart-to-heart and talk about how winning wasn't as important as friends blah blah. Did I miss the part where they talked about Devil's Backbone being a double elimination race?

When Blaine says at the top of the race that the only rule is that there are no rules (except this one rule) I was surprised to see the Prep guys say "Oh sweet, that means we're allowed to straight-up attempt murder!" Like, how important is this race that these seventeen year old kids are going down a death drop at ninety miles an hour and they think "hey, I'll hip check that kid into the guard rail almost certainly leading to his death and likely my own"? I can kind of forgive the moments when the boys slide under the tanker truck and when that one prep fully gets run over, but these attempts at first-degree murder where even the slightest trip would lead to a broken corpse cartwheeling down the hill: that was a bit much, in my mind.

• Like 3

When Blaine says at the top of the race that the only rule is that there are no rules (except this one rule) I was surprised to see the Prep guys say "Oh sweet, that means we're allowed to straight-up attempt murder!" Like, how important is this race that these seventeen year old kids are going down a death drop at ninety miles an hour and they think "hey, I'll hip check that kid into the guard rail almost certainly leading to his death and likely my own"? I can kind of forgive the moments when the boys slide under the tanker truck and when that one prep fully gets run over, but these attempts at first-degree murder where even the slightest trip would lead to a broken corpse cartwheeling down the hill: that was a bit much, in my mind.

That kid sliding under the car is so ridiculous, and I laughed so loud that it woke my dog up.

• Like 3

Before the race starts, the black chick explains that the first team with 3 people to cross the finish line wins.

• Like 1

Totally off topic (sorry): Remember when they "called an audible," and switched movies midweek because the movie wasn't interesting enough to make a good episode? What movie was that? I can't remember and it's driving me insane.

• Like 1

Totally off topic (sorry): Remember when they "called an audible," and switched movies midweek because the movie wasn't interesting enough to make a good episode? What movie was that? I can't remember and it's driving me insane.

Here ya go: http://imgur.com/a/Mde02

• Like 1

Or the kid who was knocked into the water! I've never tried to swim in full clothes, helmet, pads, and rollerblades before, but I imagine that it's pretty difficult.

Or the kid who was knocked into the water! I've never tried to swim in full clothes, helmet, pads, and rollerblades before, but I imagine that it's pretty difficult.

Yeah he's dead now

• Like 4

I've played hockey most of my life. Now, I'm not going to get into any crazy minutiae about equipment or technique, but I will say that the game they are playing on the rink has to be a informal pick-up game.

There are no refs that I could see.

There are no uniforms. Also, whoever made-up some of the jerseys seems to have gotten hockey and football confused because never in my life have I seen a team with numbers on the front that take up the entire area.

with that said, if its informal why did they NEED 5 skaters? It would have been just as easy to go 4-on-4 and give the other team an extra sub. In hockey there are line-changes (substitutions) throughout the game. Anybody playing an entire game would be absolutely exhausted by the middle of the second period if they were playing with the intensity that is implied.

Also, these are the most impoverished "Preps" I've ever seen.

Also relating to the wondrously off-topic discussion, who in their right mind would drink alcohol mixed with energy drinks if they were over the age of 12? What is wrong with everyone? Even if you don't care about the taste there are cheaper and more efficient ways to fuck yourself up. I know alcoholics who wouldn't touch that shit.

Red Bull and vodka is pretty damn popular. Also, I remember being in Germany and trying Mixery. Beer and soda. It was god awful yet popular.

HOW THE FUCK DID SETH GREEN NOT KNOW THEY WERE SIBLINGS?!

tumblr_inline_mmge2r3rkm1qz4rgp.gif

Especially since Wiley seemed to be the kind of kid that craved bullshit HS gossip.

• Like 3

Also that dude Jack clearly wants to fuck Mitchell ..his anger is obviously repressed sexuality

i got ur back, fam

Airborn - classic 90s nostalgia, devil's backbone, bowl cuts, botanical gardens .... and Augie - Jack Black in one of his first memorable roles. Classic

post-127169-0-57803200-1486107084_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this