🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lerpy

The Toxic Avenger (1984)

A shitty movie, indeed, but more of the MST3K variety. I guess that gets to the question of what you want the podcast to be. Personally, I think the podcast works best when skewering awful studio films like The Smurfs or The Last Airbender. Those movies have hundreds of millions of dollars to be good, Troma films have about twenty bucks.

A shitty movie, indeed, but more of the MST3K variety. I guess that gets to the question of what you want the podcast to be. Personally, I think the podcast works best when skewering awful studio films like The Smurfs or The Last Airbender. Those movies have hundreds of millions of dollars to be good, Troma films have about twenty bucks.

To the brilliant minds behind "How Did This Get Made?"

I was sick a while back and randomly choose to watch The Toxic Avenger, a free movie that was OnDemand. That was my first mistake, I reached about 25 to 30 minutes into this movie before turning it off because I maxed out on "what the fuck moments". After trying to explain this movie to my roommates, we all sat down (those that were healthy had large supply of booze) to watch and create a new drinking game out of those insane move. The game was for every WTF moments you take a drink, shot, or whatever your pleasure. This movie is so outrageous it's hilarious! I love your show helps keep me sane at work and just thought this movie would bring some funny commentary from you guys.

Thanks, Rob

I think it would be remiss not to mention this movie; for I believe that it was movies like The Toxic Avenger that paved the way for such classic over the top movies like the Crank series and Punisher: War Zone. I think it is the best example, as well as most popular of all the Troma insanity. This movie has it all: a hideously deformed superhero in a tutu, toxic waste drivers on PCP, psychotic teens that love nothing more than to play a points-based game of hit and run with unsuspecting children, it takes place in New Jersey....Oh, so much more....

Just a thought...

I agree that this movie is bonkers, but that's what Troma Films does. While The Toxic Avenger is good, Tromeo and Juliet was far more disturbing. I believe there is a dream sequence where Tromeo pulls open a pregnant Juliet's belly and finds it full of rats and pasta. He totes the rats around like they are his children and proceeds to eat the pasta out of Juliet.

In my circle of bad movie watching, Troma is off limits because it's like bringing dynamite to a firecracker fight.

This would be a fun one. Yes, it's silly and knows it, but it's still crazy. Our protagonist murders dozens of people!

Sign in to follow this