🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
joel_rosenbaum

Ski Patrol (1990)

Oh man. that guy. "Taste death, live life." I watched this a million times as a kid, but I haven't seen it since then.

Used to love this film as a kid, it hasnt held up that well though but is still so much better than the many many other films like it just set in different places (i.e. summer jobs, summer camps, holidays etc etc) could definitely be worth a watch for them

• Like 1

This would be a good one; it thinks it's funny, but it is TERRIBLE! T.K. Carter and George Lopez's impressions of Rodney Dangerfield followed by a *literal* record scratch are enough of a WTF?! moment for me.

Used to love this film as a kid, it hasnt held up that well though but is still so much better than the many many other films like it just set in different places (i.e. summer jobs, summer camps, holidays etc etc) could definitely be worth a watch for them

I don't know, the Marc Harmon one -- Summer School -- is pretty good, for harmless low brow 1980s fun. It's just below stuff like Better Off Dead.

I have Ski Patrol mixed up in my head with the two or three other ski movies: Hot Dog, Ski School, and uh, I guess Ski School 2.

• Like 1

Ski School is the one that stars the guy (not Marc Harmon) from Summer School.

There was a sort of run of bad ski movies during that era, so it's easy to get them mixed up.

I also feel like it was the peak Warren Miller era, but that's a different story entirely.

I don't know, the Marc Harmon one -- Summer School -- is pretty good, for harmless low brow 1980s fun. It's just below stuff like Better Off Dead.

I have Ski Patrol mixed up in my head with the two or three other ski movies: Hot Dog, Ski School, and uh, I guess Ski School 2.

The Ski School films are so bad and not even bad they are good. Just awful so is hot dog

Summer School is another film that still holds up well and is fun enough

This is such a dumb fun movie.   I have seen it so many times and if it’s on the tv I’ll stop and watch it still.   

Sign in to follow this