🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 469 - Quiznos What QuizDid

Author, actor, and humorist John Hodgman of Judge John Hodgman joins Scott to count down the Top 5 Times he has been stripped to the waist, tell us about a sketch idea Quiznos stole from him, and share a special message during Hodgman’s Shine Time. Later, medical practitioner Dr. Green stops by to talk about his new products and confirm that he is not a weed dealer. Plus, businesswoman The Chief arrives in pursuit of the one and only Carmen Sandiego.

"Is that a metaphor?"

"How dare you, Scott... it's my ShineTime."

This really tickled me. Tickled me gently and knowingly.

• Like 3

Can't believe the infamous Sean Hoffman is on the pod this week, its not often that you see a famous judge doing comedy podcast

• Like 2

It takes them ten minutes to tell single stories, they interrupt each other with jokes so much. Not complaining -- it's a comedy in itself.

First off, great start to Black History Month (lol) and loooooving the ruination of my childhood by imagining Carmen San Diego's supple breasts, round bum and Victoria Secret thong! I'm a work crying and trying not to burst out laughing! Loving this ep!

• Like 1

Chief is the best new character of the year thus far. Please come back!

• Like 10

Chief is the best new character of the year thus far. Please come back!

Agree that!

• Like 7

Typo in the episode description, it refers to the Judge Sean Hoffman podcast as "Judge John Hodgman" for some reason...

• Like 2

Who was hoping that Rockapella would have chimed in every few minutes with a shooobabdoobie splat? I almost drove off the road on my commute home laughing my ass off because I instantly knew who the Cheif was and Scott seemed so confused to who it was. 90s references!!

• Like 3

The Chief segment was incredible.

Didn't Hodgman tell that same story on the Pod F. Tompkast (RIPossible)?

• Like 1

I don't think I heard the #1 time he stripped to his waist! I guess I'll just have to imagine it. :wub:

If anyone didn't get the reference for Chief its from the old kid's gameshow

• Like 3

Now I'm curious how this is connected to Chief Queef, Scott's character from the Rizzoli & Isles movie on #159 Apicklelypse.

You could hear how delighted Zeke was by the possibility of it being Bone Queef. I think Scott was needling that point too.

• Like 4

That was an amazing ep, definitely on my short list for 2017 so far.

Chief was killing me, 'what is a swingbat!?'

• Like 2

It's a shame they didn't probe further and find out about the old computer game that Carmen Sandiago is from. It's like when Scrooge McDuck came on the show... That took Scott ages to work out.

Gumshoe

• Like 2

If anyone didn't get the reference for Chief its from the old kid's gameshow

I believe old kids are just called "adults"

• Like 1

After the lukewarm reception for Marvin Phelps I'm glad Carl Tart is getting all this praise. He's rather good at this 'comedy' thing.

Great ep. What exactly is a gumshoe?

Gotta shout out the plugs theme though. That was the only plugs theme in the entire history of the show that made me laugh. Great stuff.

• Like 1