🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Spengler

Bret Gelman podcast

I really wanted to be patient and just wait for the show to come out, or at least for some news on it. But how long has it been? I really hope this show is still happening. Gelman is my favourite CBB guest.

I really wanted to be patient and just wait for the show to come out, or at least for some news on it. But how long has it been? I really hope this show is still happening. Gelman is my favourite CBB guest.

Well, the funny or die partnership is supposed to start this month and that last time Earwolf made a major announcement it was after a holiday.

Well, the funny or die partnership is supposed to start this month and that last time Earwolf made a major announcement it was after a holiday.

If he were to get one, I would hope it's readings of his short stories. We never finished hearing the holiday pig story.

If he were to get one, I would hope it's readings of his short stories. We never finished hearing the holiday pig story.

Co-sign on this. Very anxious for the Gelmania podcast to start. Even if it's Pod F. Tompkast style of only every month or so. I think we all need it.

Co-sign on this. Very anxious for the Gelmania podcast to start. Even if it's Pod F. Tompkast style of only every month or so. I think we all need it.

Real.
There was a blog post by Scott after the episode aired saying that it would be happening.
But there's been no news in a long time. No rush, i just wanted to know if it's still happening.

yeah, i'd love to hear an update on this. i understand everyone at Earwolf is pretty busy, and i'm sure Brett's busy too, but it would be nice to know if this is something we can expect in a week, month, year, etc.

The world and us especially need some more Gelman in our lives. Please, oh please, make this happen. :)

I'm dreading that this project has been terminated without notification. Would be very nice to get an official word on it.

Hi All - We never talk about new shows before they are released. The reason for that is a million things could happen that would prevent it from happening. The host could get a movie/tv role. They could change their mind. Their lawyer could get in the way of the contract. We may not be able to agree on format. We may listen to the pilot and pass on the show. We may never hear from them again. Any of these things could and do happen.

Regarding a Gelman show, I know he and Scott teased one on CBB a while back on the Harris and David Guy Levy ep. But it shouldn't have been considered an announcement (fans of the show should know better than to trust those two) and I hope no one is expecting a Brett Gelman Earwolf show anytime soon. Sorry!

If the "teasing" shouldn't have been considered an announcement, I still take Scott's follow up blog post as more official.

"For those of you wondering – the Gelmania podcast is real, and coming soon. In fact, that’s part of the reason I held the episode for so long after we taped it – like I said, it was taped during the CDR period, and I had to actually edit out every instance I said the old name. We were waiting for Brett’s show to be able to come out the day this episode dropped. Unfortunately, as is the case with most things in show business, it’s taking a little longer to put together than we’ve anticipated, and I had to put out the episode in time for the release of David’s movie Terri. Plus, Harris was tired of not being on the show while we waited for it to come out." - Scott Aukerman

So yes, some of us were expecting a Brett Gelman Earwolf show fairly soon. It's a good idea not talking about new shows before they're released, but Gelmania has clearly been announced, so it's understandable that we would want an indication on whether it's still happening or not. I'm guessing not, though.

"So yes, some of us were expecting a Brett Gelman Earwolf show fairly soon. It's a good idea not talking about new shows before they're released, but Gelmania has clearly been announced, so it's understandable that we would want an indication on whether it's still happening or not. I'm guessing not, though."

agreed. what a bummer. i have been checking every week or so since the non-announcement to see if gelmania was up. totally laime indeed!

I am more worried about it surviving once it starts. Knowing Scott's history of being brainwashed by corporate influence and hating on all things creative, he will probably try to censor all the true art on the show if he ever appears and he will have to be banned from the show, resulting in a devolvement into censorship and one of Scott's infamous smear campaigns against Brett.

Conrad, seriously? First of all, Scott is a champion of alternative comedy in L.A. If he anything he would be fighting the "corporate influence" and encouraging all things creative. Secondly, it's a bit bold to speculate on what Scott would or wouldn't do with a show that appears to exist only in rumor. Like Jeff said above, there are always outside factors in considering whether a show will happen. Also, "Scott's infamous smear campaigns" are part of the running character relationship between Scott and Brett, and that's what it is... a character relationship. It's a comedy show, don't be a pooper and take it seriously.

Sign in to follow this