🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 155.5 - Minisode 155.5

I also just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the vulgarity in my posts. It was beneath me and you all deserve better than that. I promise, it will never, ever,ever happen again...

You dragged me down with you, lol.

• Like 4

I also just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the vulgarity in my posts. It was beneath me and you all deserve better than that. I promise, it will never, ever, ever happen again...

j/k from now on all my posts will be about poop.

indiana-jones-popcorn-reaction-gif.gif

And I thought I knew you both so well. On the other hand,

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Of course! Just like poop down a toilet!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Of course! Just like poop down a toilet!

giphy.gif

This gif is clearly not a Cincinnati washroom: no toilet paper suspended by chains 7 feet off the ground like some twisted spin on Tantalus.

• Like 5

This gif is clearly not a Cincinnati washroom: no toilet paper suspended by chains 7 feet off the ground like some twisted spin on Tantalus.

Ah! I didn't know that I was speaking with a fellow connoisseur?

giphy.gif

• Like 4

*poopoisseur

Aficionadoo-doos? Scatsperts? Devoturds?

• Like 2

No.

I hate to break it to you, but this is my new forum persona. You better start getting used to it...

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Aficionadoo-doos? Scatsperts? Devoturds?

Regular puns, bad. Poop puns, good. Got it.

• Like 5

"Cameron H is gonna break down some poopin' knowledge for us."

Your work here is done, my friend. You got Paul to utter that sentence.

• Like 6

Regular puns, bad. Poop puns, good. Got it.

You got it!

You-got-it-GIF.gif

• Like 5

Man, the new xXx is already out of, like, half of the theaters here. That was fast. Guess I have to venture to a non-Alamo theater for the first time in a looooong while (Krisha was the only other time that has happened in at least two years).

• Like 3

Man, the new xXx is already out of, like, half of the theaters here. That was fast. Guess I have to venture to a non-Alamo theater for the first time in a looooong while (Krisha was the only other time that has happened in at least two years).

I honestly have no idea what I'm going to do with myself next week.

• Like 4

I was also not looking forward to going to a non-Alamo theater to watch this. I'm kind of mad at the Alamo though. The Moulin Rouge movie party sold out in a flash and they're screening The Neverending Story next week, but only in the morning for the kids.

• Like 3

I was also not looking forward to going to a non-Alamo theater to watch this. I'm kind of mad at the Alamo though. The Moulin Rouge movie party sold out in a flash and they're screening The Neverending Story next week, but only in the morning for the kids.

Have you checked back since the tickets went on sale to see if any are available?

I've noticed something with Alamo tickets, which is that people seem to go to the site and start the purchase process to see if there are any seats left, and then they don't actually buy the tickets, so they are held for 10 minutes or so before the purchase times out, and then there are seats available. I've had it happen several times where I clicked in the email to buy a ticket the moment I got it, and it looked like it was already sold out. Then when I checked again a bit later, half the theater was still empty, and I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.

They added in the seat preview thing on the desktop site, but it's not available on mobile or the app, so I think a lot of people still check for seats without buying.

It's not a great system.

• Like 2

Have you checked back since the tickets went on sale to see if any are available?

I've noticed something with Alamo tickets, which is that people seem to go to the site and start the purchase process to see if there are any seats left, and then they don't actually buy the tickets, so they are held for 10 minutes or so before the purchase times out, and then there are seats available. I've had it happen several times where I clicked in the email to buy a ticket the moment I got it, and it looked like it was already sold out. Then when I checked again a bit later, half the theater was still empty, and I'm pretty sure that's what's happening.

They added in the seat preview thing on the desktop site, but it's not available on mobile or the app, so I think a lot of people still check for seats without buying.

It's not a great system.

It's still sold out, but thanks for this tip. Grrrrr.

• Like 3

Man, I hope this has the "Holy fuck that was some ridiculous awesomeness" that the Fast and/or Furious movies have. I saw xXx tonight, and I absolutely loved it. Donnie Yen, Ruby Rose, and Rory McCann (The Hound from GoT) are all just delightful in it. I had a total blast watching the movie, and it's exactly the kind of over-the-top ridiculousness I had hoped for.

• Like 5

This is how much Airborne is still in my head. At the beginning when Paul mentioned plants I thought "Oh boy, they're going to talk about the botanical garden some more!" Then when it didn't get mentioned I was confused. I relistened to this whole episode twice more figuring that I missed something. It was then and only then that I realized that plants was in reference to the Hope Line comment about plants and nothing to do with Airborne's botanical garden scene.

• Like 5

Now I mentioned this a week or so when the newsletter came out but this movie isn't out here yet. It will actually come out the day of the next minisode meaning that I will hear all about this movie before being able to see it. So I have a question for you good folks of the forums whom I call friends, is this movie worth seeing in theaters? Or should I just listen to the episode and wait for it to come on video which from the sounds may be sooner than later.

Now I mentioned this a week or so when the newsletter came out but this movie isn't out here yet. It will actually come out the day of the next minisode meaning that I will hear all about this movie before being able to see it. So I have a question for you good folks of the forums whom I call friends, is this movie worth seeing in theaters? Or should I just listen to the episode and wait for it to come on video which from the sounds may be sooner than later.

According to Fister, absolutely! I wasn't as big a fan, but it's entertaining as all hell. Certainly not a waste of a movie outing! With that said, if it comes out on DVD quickly, you wouldn't lose too much seeing it on your TV.

• Like 1

is this movie worth seeing in theaters? Or should I just listen to the episode and wait for it to come on video which from the sounds may be sooner than later.

It's a big, dumb action movie like Fast & Furious but much stupider, if you can even believe that. I think bombastic spectacles like these films benefit significantly from the theater experience. If it's not expensive or out of your way, I recommend seeing it in the cinema.

• Like 3

Cha CHING! You're welcome.

Yes this. Immediate total recall once it started playing. And Rally's fries were da bomb.
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this