🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 155.5 - Minisode 155.5

No doubt there's more ... any examples from other regions?

Last night I was watching Adventures in Babysitting, so I went in the Wikipedia page and it said it was released in Europe as A Night on the Town. Do you remember it by that title?

Also, I clearly remember when The Professional was released in the US. It wasn't until DVD that they combined the international titles and it became Leon: The Professional. There's a really good episode of I Was There Too that deals with that movie. http://www.earwolf.com/episode/leon-the-professional-with-adam-busch/

• Like 1

Last night I was watching Adventures in Babysitting, so I went in the Wikipedia page and it said it was released in Europe as A Night on the Town. Do you remember it by that title?

That's what I knew it as growing up in Australia.

• Like 1

I have no idea why but the Danny DeVito movie "Renaissance Man" was changed to "Army Intelligence" in Australia. Maybe they figured we were too dumb to know what renaissance meant?

• Like 5

I have no idea why but the Danny DeVito movie "Renaissance Man" was changed to "Army Intelligence" in Australia. Maybe they figured we were too dumb to know what renaissance meant?

Arguably 'Army Intelligence' is a much more descriptive title for the events of that film?

• Like 3

i always knew it as Adventures in Babysitting.

But another HDTGM alternative is Solar Babies. I went looking for a copy of it and it came up as Solar Warriors ...

And i watched a really crappy nic cage movie tonight called Tokarev but it's also know as Rage ... it sucks either way but there is a couple of cage rage moments in it

has anyone out there seen john wick 2 yet. not out here for another few days. which is a huge improvement on the first one. we had to wait nearly 6 months for it .. most people that wanted to see it had downloaded it at that stage .. must have lost a fortune. they must have forgot that people have the internet now ... but number 2 is getting great reviews. can't wait!

has anyone out there seen john wick 2 yet. not out here for another few days. which is a huge improvement on the first one. we had to wait nearly 6 months for it .. most people that wanted to see it had downloaded it at that stage .. must have lost a fortune. they must have forgot that people have the internet now ... but number 2 is getting great reviews. can't wait!

I was supposed to see it Thursday night, but my friend I was supposed to see it with had to leave town because of a death in the family, so I promised him I'd wait until he got back and we'd see it together. I'm really bummed that it didn't play Fantastic Fest last year because the first one did in 2014 (and Keanu came and introduced the movie and he is amazing). I'm really excited for it, though!

If I go to the theater for a movie, it's gonna be for LEGO Batman, not xXx. Sorry. I'll just enjoy listening to the next episode. Good luck to everyone who ventures out for that one.

But yeah, on the school semester thing, my school even one-upped that, where it wasn't just half-year electives. EVERYTHING was half a year. They decided to do "block scheduling" leaving us with only 4 long classes per day for half a year and then switching to 4 completely different classes the last semester. This fucked me up pretty good, but I'll spare the rant. It definitely makes sense if Mitchell is joining in for a new semester.

Now the actual passage of time within the movie still confuses me.

• Like 3

If I go to the theater for a movie, it's gonna be for LEGO Batman, not xXx. Sorry. I'll just enjoy listening to the next episode. Good luck to everyone who ventures out for that one.

As someone who saw 5 movies in the theater over the last two days, I say:

c7NJRa2.gif

But yeah, on the school semester thing, my school even one-upped that, where it wasn't just half-year electives. EVERYTHING was half a year. They decided to do "block scheduling" leaving us with only 4 long classes per day for half a year and then switching to 4 completely different classes the last semester. This fucked me up pretty good, but I'll spare the rant. It definitely makes sense if Mitchell is joining in for a new semester.

Yeah, I actually went to two schools that did block scheduling. The first one did A/B block, so you'd have your A-day classes on MWF and B-day classes on TR one week, and then the next week would be the opposite.

Then in high school, we did the block classes where you switch at the semester.

PS - I'm disappointed in Paul for cutting out my 100% engaging and not at all snoozeworthy research about the first annual snowfall in Cincinnati.

• Like 5

I'm disappointed in Paul for cutting out my 100% engaging and not at all snoozeworthy research about the first annual snowfall in Cincinnati.

Agreed! I was genuinely shocked that my hockey jersey research made the cut over it. The only explanation was that you commented later than I did, and they cut off the contenders early. Although now that I think about it, Cameron's poop research came later. So maybe Scheer just HATES THE WEATHER.

• Like 3

Agreed! I was genuinely shocked that my hockey jersey research made the cut over it. The only explanation was that you commented later than I did, and they cut off the contenders early. Although now that I think about it, Cameron's poop research came later. So maybe Scheer just HATES THE WEATHER.

I honestly think it worked better reading it on the forums vs hearing it in the ep. Otherwise, it was just someone throwing out a shitload of dates, and you're like, "Wait, what?"

But also, I go read all that kind of shit to engage with you guys rather than just trying to get something read on the mini-ep, so I'm honestly happy whenever I hear my name at all (even when it's the, like, 3 times in a row that Paul read something I wrote and told me I was wrong and stupid).

• Like 3

FULL TITLE!!!!

xander Xander xander: Return of Xander Cage

As someone who saw 5 movies in the theater over the last two days, I say:

c7NJRa2.gif

Tbh I would love to, but I don't have the finances, so theater-goings are few and far between. But I will happily await to hear how everyone else's viewing experiences goes! Bring me back some popcorn!

• Like 4

Yeah, okay, my roommate got excited when I mentioned seeing LEGO Batman, so that was our theater movie for the month. It's of course goofy, but clever. There's at least one obscure movie reference in it that everyone here should appreciate. I laughed harder than I probably should have.

xXx:RoXC was playing in the theater next to it, so I gave it a wave.

Also discovered one of my coworkers works at that theater too. Huh.

• Like 3

this has nothing to do with HDTGM but i know there's more than a few harry potter fans here so i think ye'll get a kick out of this. after JK's and Piers Morgan's little twitter spat over the weekend, in which morgan said he has never read a single word of harry potter, a bookshop in london have started tweeting him the philosophers stone word by word ... it's going to take 32567 tweets to get through ... now this is trolling at it's finest

also, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is another movie with differing names here and there ...

• Like 6

this has nothing to do with HDTGM but i know there's more than a few harry potter fans here so i think ye'll get a kick out of this. after JK's and Piers Morgan's little twitter spat over the weekend, in which morgan said he has never read a single word of harry potter, a bookshop in london have started tweeting him the philosophers stone word by word ... it's going to take 32567 tweets to get through ... now this is trolling at it's finest

This is amazing omg! I just turned on HBO yesterday to see Jim Jeffries going at it with Piers Morgan on Real Time with Bill Maher and it was so delightful just to hear Jim go, "Oh fuck off," every chance he could get.

• Like 4

Son in Law is easily the best Pauly Shore movie out of the group. That being said they're all garbage and Son in Law in particular has some really strange shit happen in it.

• Like 2

My junior high school operated on what was called the "Copernican block system" or something like that. Basically the school year was broken into four quarters and you spent the entire morning, roughly two and a half hours, doing one topic for that quarter and the afternoon doing the same but with a different subject. So if your first term was say math and English you spent two and half months just studying those two things and then were done with them until the next school year. It was very weird.

• Like 2

So Movie Bitches liked Collateral Beauty more than La La Land?

I will once again reiterate how done I am with these guys. Just done.

Please, HDTGM crew, give them their own podcast and get them off the minisodes. I'm tired of having to FF over them every week now. I gave them a chance. I'm done.

Sign in to follow this