🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 155.5 - Minisode 155.5

Songs: The Beach Boys God Only Knows (shut up, it was my wedding song)

tumblr_m7qopx9Cuk1rb3ea0o1_500.gif

I will end anyone who says anything negative about either this song, Pet Sounds, or The Beach Boys--unless that negative thing is about Mike Love. Fuck that guy.

Also, I forgot about While You Were Sleeping. That's one I own and like quite a bit. Actually, I like a lot of your picks. Maybe I'm more of a fan than I thought...

• Like 5

51EEPG81WVL.jpg

Don't know if this counts since it's a mini-series. But it's probably my favorite "romance"

And it's usually really hard for me to pin down a favorite for anything, but I ended up binge-ing it once a year at some point (last few years at least) since I love it so much

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!

I will argue how this adaptation is better than the 2005 version ANY DAY!

God if we can include mini-series then yes put me down as a +1 for Pride & Prejudice

• Like 5

Duh.

tumblr_inline_o3ojdokFWn1tswo0g_500.gif

• Like 5

Duh.

tumblr_inline_o3ojdokFWn1tswo0g_500.gif

You don't know how many fights I get into about this, though. The cinematography may be stunning in the movie version BUT COME ON COLIN FIRTH AND JENNIFER EHLE!??!?!??!

No fuckin' contest.

• Like 5

51EEPG81WVL.jpg

Don't know if this counts since it's a mini-series. But it's probably my favorite "romance"

And it's usually really hard for me to pin down a favorite for anything, but I ended up binge-ing it once a year at some point (last few years at least) since I love it so much

And for songs that's hard but two of my current favs are:

Ed Sheeran- Kiss me

Musiq Soulchild- Love

I like this version best as well!

• Like 4

BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!

God if we can include mini-series then yes put me down as a +1 for Pride & Prejudice

Yesss, agree its WAY better than 2005 version. And I think Ive seen all or almost all adaptations of P&P...but this is the best one for sure. For me, no one else can be Mr. Darcy but Colin Firth...

• Like 5

You don't know how many fights I get into about this, though.

giphy.gif

I will end anyone who says anything negative about either this song, Pet Sounds, or The Beach Boys--unless that negative thing is about Mike Love. Fuck that guy.

I will never not have Pet Sounds on my phone/itunes/microchip implant in my head.

• Like 4

I will never not have Pet Sounds on my phone/itunes/microchip implant in my head.

2ouDWXa.gif

• Like 4

This is hard.... I have three movies I want to say... I'll just pick the most straight forward

large_6J5rwcWYCRUz2gNH3nrq4whSvmp.jpg

Song is easier:

• Like 4

How about this for a nice distraction?

FORUM GAME!

Favorite Romantic Movies and Favorite Love Songs.

Ooo, ooo, I know!

51w8SkWkPUL._SY445_.jpg

• Like 5

Oh right, that was another thing I wanted to comment on. RE: Letter from Mitchell Goosen; I remember when the movie version of American Psycho came out, there was a website where you could sign up to get "Emails from Patrick Bateman." I tried to sign up, but I didn't learn about it until the movie was already out on DVD so I think I was too late. I imagine they would have been written by Brett Easton Ellis, and were probably a tool to promote the theatrical run. I haven't looked in a long time, but I wonder if you can read those online somewhere. Similarly, long after the season aired, you could still sign up for WUPHF [from The Office U.S.], and get a welcome email from "Ryan Howard." It might still be up, I don't know.

Considering one of the movies that I find most romantic is Punch Drunk Love, it's probably best that I abstain.

I own it :)

• Like 3

Does The Lobster count as a romantic movie? Because that's my recent favorite.

Also Blue Valentine, but that one's kind of depressing.

Oh, and But I'm a Cheerleader!

• Like 3

Man, I am not really a romance movie fan. So I think the best I could pick would be The Princess Bride, because it's got adventure and amusing characters to help compliment the romance.

This also reminded me that I forgot to add You've Got Mail to letterboxd. I liked that one, but less for the romance and more because I related to the female lead being obsessed with the internet.

Romantic song... that is sooo much harder ugh! Just... get me one of the Time Life Ultimate Love Song collections and I'll probably be singing along to everything.

• Like 7

I think it counts

even though we all know that Colin Farrell runs away at the end.

• Like 2

I think it counts

I think he does it, but can't find his way back to the table ;)

• Like 2

I think it counts

They cut out the scene at the end where Born Slippy comes on.

Also Blue Valentine, but that one's kind of depressing.

Oh, and But I'm a Cheerleader!

No offense to any of the best actor nominees but I really think Colin Farrell was robbed for not being nominated for The Lobster. The whole movie I wish was nominated more at the Oscars.

I think it counts

I agree 100%.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this