🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 5-Across the Universe

I feel nothing.

I don't hate this movie, but also, I don't anything this movie. It's such a bore. Sure, there are some nice moments, but they aren't enough of them for me.

Well, fair enough. The more we talk the more I wonder why I loved a lot of this film when I first saw it (less so on subsequent views) but I'm nowhere near as precious about this film as if I'd picked Moulin Rouge! and everyone was crapping on it. So, crap away! Fister hasn't even got to unload on it yet! And Cam Bert!

• Like 3

Well, fair enough. The more we talk the more I wonder why I loved a lot of this film when I first saw it (less so on subsequent views) but I'm nowhere near as precious about this film as if I'd picked Moulin Rouge! and everyone was crapping on it. So, crap away! Fister hasn't even got to unload on it yet! And Cam Bert!

At least I'm not the monster who said AtU was worse than Tommy? :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

At least I'm not the monster who said AtU was worse than Tommy? :D

whme.gif

But you know what? I stand by that. At least Tommy had a point of view. AtU is a cover band's compilation album. "If you stand for nothing, what will you fall for" and all that.

As for CakeBug's totally fair query, I'd like to say I went into it judgement free, buuuuuuuuut...I don't know. All I know as soon as I heard him sing "Is there anybody going to listen to my story?" my brain automatically answered, "Nope." I was actually thinking of rewatching it. Maybe tomorrow...

• Like 3

whme.gif

But you know what? I stand by that. At least Tommy had a point of view. AtU is a cover band's compilation album. "If you stand for nothing, what will you fall for" and all that.

As for CakeBug's totally fair query, I'd like to say I went into it judgement free, buuuuuuuuut...I don't know. All I know as soon as I heard him sing "Is there anybody going to listen to my story?" my brain automatically answered, "Nope." I was actually thinking of rewatching it. Maybe tomorrow...

You're still a monster :P

• Like 3

No, that's totally fair. It just cracks me up that Tommy is the barometer to which we're measuring the relative awfulness of movie musicals.

• Like 5

No, that's totally fair. It just cracks me up that Tommy is the barometer to which we're measuring the relative awfulness of movie musicals.

Tommy offended every single one of my senses and I may never forgive you for that lol.

• Like 5

Tommy offended every single one of my senses and I may never forgive you for that lol.

I totally agree! Tommy made me sick to my stomach and eyes, but it made me feel something. This did nothing for me.

811.gif

• Like 4

I might not forgive myself!

I totally agree! Tommy made me sick to my stomach and eyes. But it made me feel something. This did nothing for me.

Hooray, you're dead inside like me!

• Like 5

I totally agree! Tommy made me sick to my stomach and eyes, but it made me feel something. This did nothing for me.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

giphy.gif

I'm sure the deficiency is with me. :)

I'm just a soulless husk.

• Like 2

Psych

joey-not-even-sorry.gif

And you shouldn't be. If I liked every movie we covered I'd be disappointed.

• Like 2

Apropos nothing...

Who else feels like Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday for High Schoolers?

• Like 4

Apropos nothing...

Who else feels like Valentines Day is a dumb holiday for High Schoolers?

200.gif#15

• Like 6

Apropos nothing...

What makes you ask?

• Like 2

What makes you ask?

Oh, my wife and I were talking about it. My son has a preschool party tomorrow and we had to get a bunch of valentines together. They're even putting the "to" on it, just the "from," so it's like what's even the point? The ones he gets will be going straight in the trash when he gets home. The only people I think Valentine's Day might be good for is High Schoolers and only because they might get a mid-week date out of it. Otherwise, you should be expressing your love to your S.O. every single day.

In my house, we treat Valentine's Day the same way the supernatural treat Halloween on Buffy.

• Like 2

You got VALENTINES at HIGH SCHOOL?

blkjqcx.gif

• Like 4

You got VALENTINES at HIGH SCHOOL?

blkjqcx.gif

What can I say? I've always been cute AF...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Sorry. We can keep talking about AtU now.

Why do people seem to have an issue with Sturgess? I don't think I've even heard of him before. He was fine.

• Like 1

Oh, my wife and I were talking about it. My son has a preschool party tomorrow and we had to get a bunch of valentines together. They're even putting the "to" on it, just the "from," so it's like what's even the point? The ones he gets will be going straight in the trash when he gets home. The only people I think Valentine's Day might be good for is High Schoolers and only because they might get a mid-week date out of it. Otherwise, you should be expressing your love to your S.O. every single day.

In my house, we treat Valentine's Day the same way the supernatural treat Halloween on Buffy.

I'm still confused lol.

Are you saying Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday for High Schoolers as in High Schoolers are above Valentine's Day? Or that Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday in general and it's so dumb that only dumb High Schoolers appreciate it?

• Like 3

Why do people seem to have an issue with Sturgess? I don't think I've even heard of him before. He was fine.

I thought he was rather cute, from certain angles.

• Like 3

I'm still confused lol.

Are you saying Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday for High Schoolers as in High Schoolers are above Valentine's Day? Or that Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday in general and it's so dumb that only dumb High Schoolers appreciate it?

I'm saying VD is dumb for adults.

• Like 1