🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays-Week 5-Across the Universe

Ugh. They only played it here at one theater, and it was the one way up north, and they only seemed to show it for, like, a week. I ended up going to a non-Alamo theater for the second time in about 5 years, but they served beer, and I got to yell at some kids to shut up, so that was cool.

Besides the quiet policy and the booze, I hate that if I go to another theater, it will slow me down from reaching the next level at the Alamo, lol.

• Like 3

....I got to yell at some kids to shut up, so that was cool.

Wait! Are you trying to tell me the only other people interested in seeing xXx in the theater were obnoxious, idiotic teenagers?

Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

• Like 4

...I haven't listened to it yet.

TSwift-Sorry-11.gif

Lol!

Taylor Swift gets a mention on the ep.

• Like 4

Lol!

Taylor Swift gets a mention on the ep.

Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

• Like 4

Wait! Are you trying to tell me the only other people interested in seeing xXx in the theater were obnoxious, idiotic teenagers?

Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

x-files-ftf-what-are-you-implying.gif

• Like 4

I'm just talking about how much I love Ruby Rose so clearly adding a whole lot to that thread lol

I love her a lot

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Besides the quiet policy and the booze, I hate that if I go to another theater, it will slow me down from reaching the next level at the Alamo, lol.

Haha. I don't have that problem. Doing the DLM Challenge last year put me at Top Brass by, like, March. It also got me addicted to spending Saturdays marathoning 3-4 movies every few weeks.

Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

There were other people, but the ones sitting directly behind me were shitty kids.

And it reminded me of being a shitty kid in high school and going to see Wing Commander with my friends. For those of you who don't remember it, that movie was a giant piece of shit starring Freddie Prinze, Jr., Matthew Lillard, and our friend Saffron Burrows. Anyway, my friends and I were being awful and talking and shit through the trailers. Then the movie started, and we kept laughing and being obnoxious. And this dude who was probably in his early 30s that was there seeing the movie by himself turned around and said (in a voice that sounded like the comic book guy from The Simpsons), "Could you please be quiet? Thank you."

My friends and I laughed and laughed about that dude for months. We were like, "What kind of loser is going to see fucking Wing Commander on a Saturday night BY HIMSELF?!" Yes, we were assholes.

Cut to 18 years later, and here I am seeing fucking xXx: Return of Xander Cage on a Friday night BY MYSELF. I get you now, dude, and I hope the little shits I told to shut up will one day have a similar interaction that brings it all full-circle back to me.

• Like 5

Haha. I don't have that problem. Doing the DLM Challenge last year put me at Top Brass by, like, March. It also got me addicted to spending Saturdays marathoning 3-4 movies every few weeks.

There were other people, but the ones sitting directly behind me were shitty kids.

And it reminded me of being a shitty kid in high school and going to see Wing Commander with my friends. For those of you who don't remember it, that movie was a giant piece of shit starring Freddie Prinze, Jr., Matthew Lillard, and our friend Saffron Burrows. Anyway, my friends and I were being awful and talking and shit through the trailers. Then the movie started, and we kept laughing and being obnoxious. And this dude who was probably in his early 30s that was there seeing the movie by himself turned around and said (in a voice that sounded like the comic book guy from The Simpsons), "Could you please be quiet? Thank you."

My friends and I laughed and laughed about that dude for months. We were like, "What kind of loser is going to see fucking Wing Commander on a Saturday night BY HIMSELF?!" Yes, we were assholes.

Cut to 18 years later, and here I am seeing fucking xXx: Return of Xander Cage on a Friday night BY MYSELF. I get you now, dude, and I hope the little shits I told to shut up will one day have a similar interaction that brings it all full-circle back to me.

You should have turned around to them and been like, "Don't you know who I am? Fister Roboto, motherfuckers! Now, shut up! I've got work to do..."

• Like 5

You cut me deep, tomspanks...

ZNoMDZT.png

I think the real question is, would Tom rather rewatch this, Carousel, or McLintock?

• Like 4

You cut me deep, tomspanks...

0e528c5847d06223f73beade228850f558afed7f3ea33f5c0e7f3327fa1b8fc4.jpg

Let's be real, that one star was for Donnie Yen.

I think the real question is, would Tom rather rewatch this, Carousel, or McLintock?

Obviously it's Tommy.

• Like 4

Just wanted to thank CakeBug once again for the Musical Mondays pick. I can honestly say it wasn't my favorite, but I enjoyed the discussion and debate. Your movie took some pretty harsh criticisms, but you kept it classy. I know that couldn't have been easy.

Thanks, man! I tip my hat to you, sir!

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Just wanted to thank CakeBug once again for the Musical Mondays pick. I can honestly say it wasn't my favorite, but I enjoyed the discussion and debate. Your movie took some pretty harsh criticisms, but you kept it classy. I know that couldn't have been easy.

Thanks, man! I tip my hat to you, sir!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It's my pleasure! Sorry to inflict this on you - I honestly thought it would have scored a few more supporters, but so be it. Hoping that other picks in the future are as challenging!

• Like 5

Can I get real nitpicky one last time and question why the gang hung out at Katz's when there are a ton of places in their neighborhood? Going crosstown is a hassle. Later, Lucy is actually hired as a waitress at Katz's, but I dunno, Katz's doesn't seem like the place that would hire a non-experienced out-of-towner. The non-counter guys there are like 60-year-olds. Anyway, if you're visiting, skip the lines at Katz's and go to Russ and Daughters for the best appetizing in the city.

Ok, I'm done. Thank you CakeBug and Across the Universe. This has been an interesting week. Can't wait to find out Cam Bert's pick. I hope it's a good one!

• Like 4

Much like I said about Tommy, there are worse things out there and the more important thing is the enjoyment we got out of talking about it on here. I mean, if I just saw this and had no release for my feelings than I might be upset but it was a fun discussion for sure. I also learned a lot about Julie Taymor and the Beatles so that's a plus as well. Thanks CakeBug!

Can't wait to find out Cam Bert's pick. I hope it's a good one!

dWV74.gif

• Like 6