🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
ritchieb

The Avengers (1998)

This movie will be the new live episode in a few weeks!

• Like 1

Ive always avoided this film because growing up in the UK in the 70s the TV show was one of my favourites - the theme tune is still a classic, only beaten by the theme tune of the Persuaders.

When the film came out and was greeted with universal derision then I swore Id never watch it in case it would ruin the Avengers for me.

I suppose I will have to break that oath now.

Oh, and Linda Thorson as Tara King who replaced the Emma Peel character in the show, was far sexier than Diana Rigg. I know that that is practically a heretical notion, but as fine an actress as Diana Rigg undoubtedly is, sticking a thin woman in a catsuit doesnt automatically equate to sex bomb.

Wow. *Slow clap* this is going to be a good episode. This is the worst James Bond movie. Both Uma Thurman's character and her performance were mind boggling. Captain Sideburns somehow manages to be the least effective and menacing henchman of all time. Everyone except Eileen Atkins is playing the campiness to an 11 and it does not work.

This episode is going to be amazing if only for when they talk about the scene with everyone dressed as fucking teddy bears.

Guys, the PROPOSAL during the Q&A segment? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D