🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LinaCarrington

Britney Ever After (2017)

I was just coming to post this! It would be so great if they could get Drew Droege back for this episode!!

I was looking forward to it, but it wasn't as much fun as I was hoping for. The guy playing Timberlake was actually quite good imho. The whole thing was really weird for not including ANY Britney Spears songs, but instead having a bunch of covers of other songs like "I Love Rock & Roll" -- I get that music has to be licensed, but it made the movie feel "empty".

Even stranger to me is that they didn't appear to have a point of view or really add anything new; it was basically a dramatized Wikipedia entry. Was Britney exploited by her parents? Did the tabloid press and paparazzi have a hand in her mental breakdown? Did she overcome a struggle with drug addiction? These are mostly glossed over, in the name of going through the motions of a generic redemptive pop star arc.

The only time it threatened to come alive is an interesting confrontation between Justin and Britney in a club, when it appears they're beginning a dance-off after an argument. I was like "oh shit, is this film about to do something interesting?" but it fizzled out within seconds.

Not worth watching unless you're a sucker for these things like me.

Came here to post this too, this was just one of the most bizarre experiences I ever had watching something.

This NEEDS to be an episode, get Drew Droege, totally would be a great trope for him to do these super bizarre biopics.

K Fed's outfits alone I could talk about for H O U R S

100% needs to be an episode!!! From the acting to the knock off Britney songs to the dance battle... Everything about this movie is perfection. 

Sign in to follow this