🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
linuslee

Domino (2005)

Based on a true story... Check.
Keira Knightly as a Bounty Hunter... Check.
Director Tony Scott at his most self-indulgent... Check.

Platinum-grade turd.

Based on a true story... Check.
Keira Knightly as a Bounty Hunter... Check.
Director Tony Scott at his most self-indulgent... Check.

Platinum-grade turd.

Yeah, I didn't dig this movie at all. When they showed the real Domino at the end....didn't quite match the casting. I know some people who swear by it, but I completely agree about the Tony Scott comment.

Yeah, I didn't dig this movie at all. When they showed the real Domino at the end....didn't quite match the casting. I know some people who swear by it, but I completely agree about the Tony Scott comment.

Here's how bad this movie is: at the end of the second act, they actually recount the plot of the movie three times. First Domino explains it in voice-over, then she explains it to the characters in the movie, THEN IN VOICEOVER AGAIN!

They recount the plot 3x within 5 minutes of screentime, and I was still consfused.

Not to mention: the goldfish subplot, the Lucy Liu material that goes absolutely nowhere, the entire scene with Monique on Jerry Springer, Tom Waits as a psychic wandering the desert...

Godawful movie. A must for the podcast.

Here's how bad this movie is: at the end of the second act, they actually recount the plot of the movie three times. First Domino explains it in voice-over, then she explains it to the characters in the movie, THEN IN VOICEOVER AGAIN!

They recount the plot 3x within 5 minutes of screentime, and I was still consfused.

Not to mention: the goldfish subplot, the Lucy Liu material that goes absolutely nowhere, the entire scene with Monique on Jerry Springer, Tom Waits as a psychic wandering the desert...

Godawful movie. A must for the podcast.

Tony Scott's "Domino" is the fucking best, there is so much crazy shit in this movie.

Keira Knightley as a bounty hunter, Monique on Jerry Springer, Tom Waits in the desert, Christopher Walken being Christopher Walken, Beverly Hills 90210's Brian Austin Green and Ian Ziering as reality show hosts.

How have you guys not done this movie yet.

I haven't seen it, but I'd second this recommendation solely on the basis of hearing about a loud, over-edited moment where the camera revolves around a goldfish tank.

Also, Richard "Southland Tales" Kelly wrote the screenplay, and according to Wikipedia he actually had the ego to call it "one of the most subversive films released by a major studio since 'Fight Club.'" Everything I learn about him makes me more and more amazed that nobody has punched him in the mouth.

I have an enormous crush on Keira Knightley, she is topless in this movie, and I STILL hate this movie. I endorse this movie being discussed on the podcast.

Yeah Domino suffered from horrible studio mismanagement apparently. I recall hearing Scott talk about it and how things got moved around, cut and budgets were slashed till the mashed up and under promoted flick hit the shelves. I think it was on the DVD commentary i heard it all.. its sometimes neat to hear a commentary where the makers discuss the problems and failures instead of endless undeserved back patting people do when they record the track the month before their flop even gets released.

• Like 1

This movie literally gave me a headache watching it. I saw it for free at a preview (replete with security guards hired by the studio making sure no one was bringing in a camcorder I GUESS). After it, I still wanted my money back.

Sign in to follow this