🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
boxerthehorse

Inspector Gadget (1999)

I'm ashamed to say that I saw this film in theaters when I was a kid and own it on VHS. This was even made by the director of Cool as Ice!

Throughout the show, we don't see Dr. Claw's face but in this film he's played by Rupert Everett and we see how he got that claw. Plus this was another embarrassing effort for Matthew Broderick as this was made after Godzilla and way before Deck the Halls.

• Like 1

Yea I dont know why he was so bummed on the set of deck the halls, he'd already been at the bottom for years before.

All kidding aside this movie is spectacular garbage. I still cant believe how badly they butchered the gadget car.

A GODDAMN SHAME.

• Like 1

I was a fan of the animated series and remember seeing this in the theater when it first came out. However, I can't remember a single scene of the movie. I just remember feeling really disappointed and a little angry at having spent hard earned money on it.

As a child, I loved this movie.

Present me would never hang out with past me

• Haha 1

Youre not alone I saw this movie in theaters as a kid. I also waited for the next showing of a sold out Man of the House with Chevy Chase and Johnthan Taylor Thomas, so I think its pretty fair to say that children have terrible tastes in movies. 

• Haha 1

Was a fan of the show as a kid, which I later learned was usually pretty formulaic. Saw the movie as a tween, and I could probably list everything I remember about it:

-Gadget was a security guard who wanted to be a cop and got severely injured in a “wacky” accident involving a bowling ball that he had rolling loose in his car while chasing the bad guys. Someone with the necessary resources found him to be the permanent candidate to give the Six Million Dollar Man treatment to.

-A gag heavily featured in the trailers where he was making out with a girl and his being turned on makes a rocket fire out of him. Turns out that was just a sequence in his imagination and didn’t even “really” happen in the movie.

-He uses a ridiculous number of magnifying glasses to finally read “SI” on a small clue, and then asks for a Spanish translation. A robotic voice from his gadgets says “‘Si’ means yes.” Probably the best gag in the whole movie.

-I think I maaaybe remember that being followed up with a scene where he’s riding in a car trying to figure out what “SI” is and a giant truck goes past him with the answer on it and he doesn’t put it together.

-Oh, and Penny is in it. I can’t even remember if the dog is in it or not.

Sign in to follow this