🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9.3 — Time Crunch: Day 3

I think what happens is, people can take things very personally if you insult something they liked and get very defensive. I realize you were joking now, but it seemed like you were being rtoo harsh at the time. If someone says a movie liked you is dumb, it can feel like they're saying your dumb liking it, even though I know that isn't usually the intention.
After day 3 though and listening to how you felt doing the challenge on your own podcast I thought you came across a lot better.
-
I've had a bad cold these past two days, so that's my excuse for being in a shitty mood, so at least this thread has provided me with a lot of entertainment.
-
I've given WTR a 5 star rating on itunes to try and counter the assholes.

I think what happens is, people can take things very personally if you insult something they liked and get very defensive. I realize you were joking now, but it seemed like you were being rtoo harsh at the time. If someone says a movie liked you is dumb, it can feel like they're saying your dumb liking it, even though I know that isn't usually the intention.
After day 3 though and listening to how you felt doing the challenge on your own podcast I thought you came across a lot better.
-
I've had a bad cold these past two days, so that's my excuse for being in a shitty mood, so at least this thread has provided me with a lot of entertainment.
-
I've given WTR a 5 star rating on itunes to try and counter the assholes.

Really who are the megacunts going and giving bad reviews and 1 stars to WTR, thats the most not cool thing I've ever heard of. Seriously I know you butt suckers are looking at this forum and are reading this and i want you all to know that you are in fact butt suckers and very rude and this is not how your parents raised you.

Really who are the megacunts going and giving bad reviews and 1 stars to WTR, thats the most not cool thing I've ever heard of. Seriously I know you butt suckers are looking at this forum and are reading this and i want you all to know that you are in fact butt suckers and very rude and this is not how your parents raised you.

Really do not understand why anyone would want to listen to a whiny girl and her emasculated husband fumble through boring interviews.
I think the TL podcast was chosen before all of this started, just pull the trigger.

Really do not understand why anyone would want to listen to a whiny girl and her emasculated husband fumble through boring interviews.
I think the TL podcast was chosen before all of this started, just pull the trigger.

Wahhh, wahhh, wahhh! The thing I like didn't win. LHR has a lot of vocal fans, so what! So does TL, so does LDDC. I actually preferred Ham Radio but you know what, he got bumped cause he didn't do well (wasn't in his wheelhouse?). Deal with it.

The Challenge is awesome, don't change a thing. Haters gonna hate.

Wahhh, wahhh, wahhh! The thing I like didn't win. LHR has a lot of vocal fans, so what! So does TL, so does LDDC. I actually preferred Ham Radio but you know what, he got bumped cause he didn't do well (wasn't in his wheelhouse?). Deal with it.

The Challenge is awesome, don't change a thing. Haters gonna hate.

Can't wait to see the inevitable youtube mashup video of Besser announcing the winner dubbed over the preteen girls gathered around American Idol, hearing their favorite finalist lose, and freaking the fuck out.

Can't wait to see the inevitable youtube mashup video of Besser announcing the winner dubbed over the preteen girls gathered around American Idol, hearing their favorite finalist lose, and freaking the fuck out.

@Dirk
I sense that you like to argue. I also like to argue! And you know what? I'm sure together we can find all sorts of neat shit to disagree about! Want to go argue about things somewhere else? I stipulate "Somewhere else" because I'd hate to get in the way of all of the other nice people on this forum who just don't get how fun it is to throw back and forth lenghty manifestos in which we mercilessly tear apart everything our opponent has to say.
Really, I need this. I have this funny morality thing where I'd hate to think I hurt someone's feelings, so I really need someone to argue with who I know doesn't have any. Think about it.

By the way, you've got some serious balls using a username like that. You aren't nearly clever enough to deserve it, as is plainly evidenced by the fact that you didn't at least go with "Svladcjelli" instead. That would have been great.

@Dirk
I sense that you like to argue. I also like to argue! And you know what? I'm sure together we can find all sorts of neat shit to disagree about! Want to go argue about things somewhere else? I stipulate "Somewhere else" because I'd hate to get in the way of all of the other nice people on this forum who just don't get how fun it is to throw back and forth lenghty manifestos in which we mercilessly tear apart everything our opponent has to say.
Really, I need this. I have this funny morality thing where I'd hate to think I hurt someone's feelings, so I really need someone to argue with who I know doesn't have any. Think about it.

By the way, you've got some serious balls using a username like that. You aren't nearly clever enough to deserve it, as is plainly evidenced by the fact that you didn't at least go with "Svladcjelli" instead. That would have been great.

@ Raymond

uhhh. Yes, I 'enjoy' argument - as I see it, that and the 'Socratic method' are the key's to furthering intellectual development. I can argue with the best and would welcome a point for point debate but you say you want to do it elsewhere? I'm not sure that's really fair to Scottabot, as he seems to enjoy the back-and-forth on the forums here...

"I am not telling anyone not to complain - we like it! In fact, I welcome the several cranks who are going to yell at me for this post. Go ahead! I love that you're passionate about the show" -Scott

How bout this tho Ray... next time, on Earwolf Challenge #2... Me and you will start our own podcast where we debate the merits and legitimacy of each event- nit-pick and 'judge the judges' so to speak. We'd be an iTunes HIT! I appreciate that you're an intellectual as well... and your 'Svladcjelli' reference. props.

And since Scott asked for it... how bout this?

@ Scott Aukerman

"LHR turned in a very professionally written and sounding sketch that, at its core, was basically an amusing trifle (which I think they would agree with). This is the kind of premise that, when working in the Mr. Show writers' room, was pitched often. Bob would say, "very funny - now go back to the drawing board." This doesn't make it any less of an achievement that they put it together - but it doesn't make it a great sketch."

(while I'm not a 'crank'-) Granted Scott, this sketch didn't have the comedic depth of 'Take'n a Plane Break' (/s), but I ask you this then- What was amusing to you about the penis talk of TL? Was it where the condom fell off inside the girl? was is how small his dick was reported to be? I don't get it. If it was a 'be funny or be professional' challenge, I don't see that TL was either.

I'm not saying this as a fan of LHR, I didn't know they existed before this, and YES, I am now subscribed... but I just find it hard to believe that anyone who does comedy as a profession could conceivably put forth the proposition that TL (this challenge specifically) was funny in any way.

@ Zach

"Really who are the megacunts going and giving bad reviews and 1 stars to WTR, thats the most not cool thing I've ever heard of. Seriously I know you butt suckers are looking at this forum and are reading this and i want you all to know that you are in fact butt suckers and very rude and this is not how your parents raised you. "

I admit that I mentioned doing this, but fact of the matter is, I didn't actually follow thru. My life seems full of things where I say I'm going to do something and then never actually get around to doing it. Soooooo, I feel a bit guilty about raising that 'call to arms', but I never actually left any review of the show myself. I listened to it, I thought it was shit, and then I realized that I couldn't review or rate shows on my iPhone and that I'd have to get up, go to the computer, boot iTunes, do some 'super search' nonsense to find the podcast... frankly I'm just too lazy.

So yea, I've checked the show rankings since then. I've seen the (couple of) bad reviews. I didn't write any of them and my hands are tied about deleting them. I honestly feel a 'little' guilty about this (despite that I would have given the show 1 star- had I actually pulled the trigger) but I can only assume that others here on the forum read my statement and had more motivation than I did. Since I can't unreview what I never reviewed, and Jeff and Scott and everyone are pleading for it to stop, I figured the only thing I could do would be to edit my post and remove that statement. Apparently day two challenge posts are locked and I cannot edit it out. Sorry dave.

If Scott, Jeff, or one of the moderators want to unlock the posts for day 2 I'd be glad to wade thru the forum and find my comment and edit that out. Hell, feel free to delete the comment entirely! I hope it helps, but the damage may already be done. The people who read that 'probably' haven't read the following 10+ pages of comments afterward. If they did, and are READING THIS RIGHT NOW then HEAR THIS - You should amend your comments about the Walking the Room podcast if you didn't actually listen to it and just trashed it based on your feelings about this show. The valid point is that it WILL hurt the EWC next season if judges are afraid to judge!

@ wain weldin

shhhhhhhhhhhh! You can't say stuff like that around here!

@ dave anthony

"I voted based on laughs per minute and nothing else. I'm sorry many of you feel TL was less funny than LHR. I disagree. My opinion was only based on the five minutes I heard. I did NOT take into account my belief that LHR should have brought up Zach dropping out. That's my own personal opinion and I still believe it to be true but I voted based simply on who made me laugh in the end. Some of you refuse to believe TL could have been funnier than LHR. You're wrong. It was.'

The microphones were recording you while the submission aired. I don't recall hearing you laugh at all at totally lame. I've listen to it twice. These were silent laughs I guess? I DID HEAR that it's 'engaging', but last I checked engaging does not equate to 'funny'

So, I'd like to ask everyone that agrees with this weeks decision, exactly what WAS 'funny' or 'professional' about totally lame? Be specific- of all the 'cute' and 'charming' banter, which exact part made you laugh? I see lots of people dissecting LHR (and those classy guys are to nice to even achknowledge that they were shafted) and saying it 'simply wasn't funny', yet I don't see ANYONE (and believe me I've read thru all these comments) pointing to what part of TL was funny in any way. Pathetic? Sad? maybe... I mean... it's almost depressing hearing these folks talk about their horrible first times... Are you ALL into 'schadenfreude'? what was funny about this? honestly- be specific!

So sorry dave if you're pissed about bad reviews, but shit man... I'd un-do it if I could. On the plus side you traded a bunch of extra d/l's and subscribers for a 'couple' bad reviews. It's not like those couple people who gave you one star are going to doom the show.

Sorry if a lot of you HATE me and don't agree, I think 'controversy' is what powers internet debate and traffic.

@ Raymond

uhhh. Yes, I 'enjoy' argument - as I see it, that and the 'Socratic method' are the key's to furthering intellectual development. I can argue with the best and would welcome a point for point debate but you say you want to do it elsewhere? I'm not sure that's really fair to Scottabot, as he seems to enjoy the back-and-forth on the forums here...

"I am not telling anyone not to complain - we like it! In fact, I welcome the several cranks who are going to yell at me for this post. Go ahead! I love that you're passionate about the show" -Scott

How bout this tho Ray... next time, on Earwolf Challenge #2... Me and you will start our own podcast where we debate the merits and legitimacy of each event- nit-pick and 'judge the judges' so to speak. We'd be an iTunes HIT! I appreciate that you're an intellectual as well... and your 'Svladcjelli' reference. props.

And since Scott asked for it... how bout this?

@ Scott Aukerman

"LHR turned in a very professionally written and sounding sketch that, at its core, was basically an amusing trifle (which I think they would agree with). This is the kind of premise that, when working in the Mr. Show writers' room, was pitched often. Bob would say, "very funny - now go back to the drawing board." This doesn't make it any less of an achievement that they put it together - but it doesn't make it a great sketch."

(while I'm not a 'crank'-) Granted Scott, this sketch didn't have the comedic depth of 'Take'n a Plane Break' (/s), but I ask you this then- What was amusing to you about the penis talk of TL? Was it where the condom fell off inside the girl? was is how small his dick was reported to be? I don't get it. If it was a 'be funny or be professional' challenge, I don't see that TL was either.

I'm not saying this as a fan of LHR, I didn't know they existed before this, and YES, I am now subscribed... but I just find it hard to believe that anyone who does comedy as a profession could conceivably put forth the proposition that TL (this challenge specifically) was funny in any way.

@ Zach

"Really who are the megacunts going and giving bad reviews and 1 stars to WTR, thats the most not cool thing I've ever heard of. Seriously I know you butt suckers are looking at this forum and are reading this and i want you all to know that you are in fact butt suckers and very rude and this is not how your parents raised you. "

I admit that I mentioned doing this, but fact of the matter is, I didn't actually follow thru. My life seems full of things where I say I'm going to do something and then never actually get around to doing it. Soooooo, I feel a bit guilty about raising that 'call to arms', but I never actually left any review of the show myself. I listened to it, I thought it was shit, and then I realized that I couldn't review or rate shows on my iPhone and that I'd have to get up, go to the computer, boot iTunes, do some 'super search' nonsense to find the podcast... frankly I'm just too lazy.

So yea, I've checked the show rankings since then. I've seen the (couple of) bad reviews. I didn't write any of them and my hands are tied about deleting them. I honestly feel a 'little' guilty about this (despite that I would have given the show 1 star- had I actually pulled the trigger) but I can only assume that others here on the forum read my statement and had more motivation than I did. Since I can't unreview what I never reviewed, and Jeff and Scott and everyone are pleading for it to stop, I figured the only thing I could do would be to edit my post and remove that statement. Apparently day two challenge posts are locked and I cannot edit it out. Sorry dave.

If Scott, Jeff, or one of the moderators want to unlock the posts for day 2 I'd be glad to wade thru the forum and find my comment and edit that out. Hell, feel free to delete the comment entirely! I hope it helps, but the damage may already be done. The people who read that 'probably' haven't read the following 10+ pages of comments afterward. If they did, and are READING THIS RIGHT NOW then HEAR THIS - You should amend your comments about the Walking the Room podcast if you didn't actually listen to it and just trashed it based on your feelings about this show. The valid point is that it WILL hurt the EWC next season if judges are afraid to judge!

@ wain weldin

shhhhhhhhhhhh! You can't say stuff like that around here!

@ dave anthony

"I voted based on laughs per minute and nothing else. I'm sorry many of you feel TL was less funny than LHR. I disagree. My opinion was only based on the five minutes I heard. I did NOT take into account my belief that LHR should have brought up Zach dropping out. That's my own personal opinion and I still believe it to be true but I voted based simply on who made me laugh in the end. Some of you refuse to believe TL could have been funnier than LHR. You're wrong. It was.'

The microphones were recording you while the submission aired. I don't recall hearing you laugh at all at totally lame. I've listen to it twice. These were silent laughs I guess? I DID HEAR that it's 'engaging', but last I checked engaging does not equate to 'funny'

So, I'd like to ask everyone that agrees with this weeks decision, exactly what WAS 'funny' or 'professional' about totally lame? Be specific- of all the 'cute' and 'charming' banter, which exact part made you laugh? I see lots of people dissecting LHR (and those classy guys are to nice to even achknowledge that they were shafted) and saying it 'simply wasn't funny', yet I don't see ANYONE (and believe me I've read thru all these comments) pointing to what part of TL was funny in any way. Pathetic? Sad? maybe... I mean... it's almost depressing hearing these folks talk about their horrible first times... Are you ALL into 'schadenfreude'? what was funny about this? honestly- be specific!

So sorry dave if you're pissed about bad reviews, but shit man... I'd un-do it if I could. On the plus side you traded a bunch of extra d/l's and subscribers for a 'couple' bad reviews. It's not like those couple people who gave you one star are going to doom the show.

Sorry if a lot of you HATE me and don't agree, I think 'controversy' is what powers internet debate and traffic.

I'd take Dirk sliiiightly more seriously if he didn't have so much free time to relisten to podcasts he is pissed about and post term paper length bitch sessions in an internet forum. No one made you listen to it. Maybe you should just cut your losses and get back to your terrible life that you're taking out on people who you envy.

I'd take Dirk sliiiightly more seriously if he didn't have so much free time to relisten to podcasts he is pissed about and post term paper length bitch sessions in an internet forum. No one made you listen to it. Maybe you should just cut your losses and get back to your terrible life that you're taking out on people who you envy.

I like to think it's Dirk Nowitzki and he is doing this because of the lockout.
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM