🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 9.3 — Time Crunch: Day 3

I like to think it's Dirk Nowitzki and he is doing this because of the lockout.
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM

@Dirk

You are everything that is wrong with forums and, specifically, this forum. I would have banned you ages ago if I was in charge. People on other forums describe you as a horrible troll here. They are right. Your comments toward Scott, Jeff, myself, and both Matts was over the line.

With that in mind, you do not deserve a response from myself.

@Dirk

You are everything that is wrong with forums and, specifically, this forum. I would have banned you ages ago if I was in charge. People on other forums describe you as a horrible troll here. They are right. Your comments toward Scott, Jeff, myself, and both Matts was over the line.

With that in mind, you do not deserve a response from myself.

@Dirk

"I can argue with the best and would welcome a point for point debate"
-
(I can quote too) I have a feeling you think argument and debate means ignoring thought provoking conversation, draining the people who disagree with you, and being the only person left on the internet. If that is what argument and debate are, then you are good sir.

@Dirk

"I can argue with the best and would welcome a point for point debate"
-
(I can quote too) I have a feeling you think argument and debate means ignoring thought provoking conversation, draining the people who disagree with you, and being the only person left on the internet. If that is what argument and debate are, then you are good sir.

I tend to be a lurker in terms of internet commentating, but I feel the need to come out in support of a network that continually brightens my week with it's countless shows that present hours of entertainment for myself and others. I think the passion is great, and speaks to what an incredible thing Jeff and Scott have created here. However, guys, really? Reign it in a bit, when it is all said and done this is a show that people have worked and invested countless hours in, and the vitriol is childish and unbecoming. And by saying it's the internet what else did you expect? Is pure shit. Be better than that. And in regards to this show, I was late to the game in listening to this podcast and caught up in the past week or so but have been quite engaged and excited about what has happened and what is going to happen on this Challenge. Matt Besser and the producers have done something highly entertaining with this show, and I was disappointed by LHR getting the boot this week, but guys it is just a show. Life does in fact go on. Both TL and LDDC are strong podcasts and both would offer up a new variety for Earwolf. And as for the shitting of the guest judges, that is asinine. They are expressing their opinions and passing judgments just like us, except with far more humor and often times extremely helpful criticisms. For my part Mr. Anthony, I was greatly entertained by your comments this week, and as for the negative feedback on your podcast you have allowed my younger brother an entry drug into the world of podcasting, and I am forever grateful to you for easing his hurtful (although funny) words about my listening to podcasts. This is probably why I don't comment much on the internet, I tend to go on too long. So to sum up, thanks Earwolf for everything, this Challenge is wonderful and compelling, Matt you are doing a fine job, you should listen to the positive comments too, and on a final note, @Caroline Anderson you are simply lovely. I not only enjoy your comments on these forums but also on Videogum where I also tend to lurk. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity every now and again.

I tend to be a lurker in terms of internet commentating, but I feel the need to come out in support of a network that continually brightens my week with it's countless shows that present hours of entertainment for myself and others. I think the passion is great, and speaks to what an incredible thing Jeff and Scott have created here. However, guys, really? Reign it in a bit, when it is all said and done this is a show that people have worked and invested countless hours in, and the vitriol is childish and unbecoming. And by saying it's the internet what else did you expect? Is pure shit. Be better than that. And in regards to this show, I was late to the game in listening to this podcast and caught up in the past week or so but have been quite engaged and excited about what has happened and what is going to happen on this Challenge. Matt Besser and the producers have done something highly entertaining with this show, and I was disappointed by LHR getting the boot this week, but guys it is just a show. Life does in fact go on. Both TL and LDDC are strong podcasts and both would offer up a new variety for Earwolf. And as for the shitting of the guest judges, that is asinine. They are expressing their opinions and passing judgments just like us, except with far more humor and often times extremely helpful criticisms. For my part Mr. Anthony, I was greatly entertained by your comments this week, and as for the negative feedback on your podcast you have allowed my younger brother an entry drug into the world of podcasting, and I am forever grateful to you for easing his hurtful (although funny) words about my listening to podcasts. This is probably why I don't comment much on the internet, I tend to go on too long. So to sum up, thanks Earwolf for everything, this Challenge is wonderful and compelling, Matt you are doing a fine job, you should listen to the positive comments too, and on a final note, @Caroline Anderson you are simply lovely. I not only enjoy your comments on these forums but also on Videogum where I also tend to lurk. Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity every now and again.

I'm always months behind on my podcast episodes so I've just started listening to this and only heard the meet the podcasters episodes. It seems like a really positive idea and another great innovation by those involved at earwolf. I shall definatley be checking out a couple of the podcasts highlighted it really does show how many talented performers there are out there although I don't know how I'm going to find the time to listen to them all I'll be running a marathon every day at this rate. I'm glad to see totally laime is still in it I've been listening to those guys for months they're such a funny and charming couple I shall be rooting for them to go all the way at this point. I'm sure i'll come to like some of the other podcasters as I listen to this series but I've been reccomending totally laime to people for ages in my books it's up there with doug, maron and scotts as must listens they cheer me up with every listen.

I'm always months behind on my podcast episodes so I've just started listening to this and only heard the meet the podcasters episodes. It seems like a really positive idea and another great innovation by those involved at earwolf. I shall definatley be checking out a couple of the podcasts highlighted it really does show how many talented performers there are out there although I don't know how I'm going to find the time to listen to them all I'll be running a marathon every day at this rate. I'm glad to see totally laime is still in it I've been listening to those guys for months they're such a funny and charming couple I shall be rooting for them to go all the way at this point. I'm sure i'll come to like some of the other podcasters as I listen to this series but I've been reccomending totally laime to people for ages in my books it's up there with doug, maron and scotts as must listens they cheer me up with every listen.

Holy shit. This is my first visit to the forums and I immediately regret my decision to check it out. Thank you Earwolf for providing me with many hours of free entertainment during my mind-numbing work days and for what I'm sure will be many more hours in the future. I'll see myself out.

Holy shit. This is my first visit to the forums and I immediately regret my decision to check it out. Thank you Earwolf for providing me with many hours of free entertainment during my mind-numbing work days and for what I'm sure will be many more hours in the future. I'll see myself out.

@Dirk

I feel like I should also go back and quote Scott:
"@Dirk, the only thing you want to watch out for is grinding the same axe over and over... that's when we start to ban, is when it seems like someone is waiting to pounce on any post that disagrees with them. I think once you've made your point, let it simmer and be discussed for a while before coming in to defend it."

I don't think either of us is really all that interested in doing that. Hence "Somewhere else".
Also, look at poor Mark Watson's above post! I'd hate to think that I contributed in scaring away people who have a more casual interest in the forums with my love of disagreeing with people. Not everyone has the icy heart of an Internet Contrarian.

I do like that podcast idea though. I assume that the actual real-time discussion would be done via email or some other text-based medium, then fed into Microsoft Voice, or some other reading program. I think that would be less work than actually audio-recording ourselves, and I can think of no better way to manifest the impersonal, inhumane quality of Internet Contrarianism than with cold, emotionless robot voices.

@Dirk

I feel like I should also go back and quote Scott:
"@Dirk, the only thing you want to watch out for is grinding the same axe over and over... that's when we start to ban, is when it seems like someone is waiting to pounce on any post that disagrees with them. I think once you've made your point, let it simmer and be discussed for a while before coming in to defend it."

I don't think either of us is really all that interested in doing that. Hence "Somewhere else".
Also, look at poor Mark Watson's above post! I'd hate to think that I contributed in scaring away people who have a more casual interest in the forums with my love of disagreeing with people. Not everyone has the icy heart of an Internet Contrarian.

I do like that podcast idea though. I assume that the actual real-time discussion would be done via email or some other text-based medium, then fed into Microsoft Voice, or some other reading program. I think that would be less work than actually audio-recording ourselves, and I can think of no better way to manifest the impersonal, inhumane quality of Internet Contrarianism than with cold, emotionless robot voices.

If "poor" Mark Watson went to the trouble of registering just so he could post that he's going to stop posting, I think he's too busy enjoying his own self-satisfaction to be too bothered by anything posted here.
-
Meanwhile, does anyone else find it hilariously sad that David Anthony has done astronomically more whining about being a shitty judge than all five members of LHR combined have done about being shittily judged by him?

If "poor" Mark Watson went to the trouble of registering just so he could post that he's going to stop posting, I think he's too busy enjoying his own self-satisfaction to be too bothered by anything posted here.
-
Meanwhile, does anyone else find it hilariously sad that David Anthony has done astronomically more whining about being a shitty judge than all five members of LHR combined have done about being shittily judged by him?

It's funny to me some of the names you guy's have. They probably won't mean anything to people outside the UK but Mark Thompson is the director general of the BBC. and Mark Watson is a comedian from Wales. It's brought a surreal edge to the conversation here for me.

It's funny to me some of the names you guy's have. They probably won't mean anything to people outside the UK but Mark Thompson is the director general of the BBC. and Mark Watson is a comedian from Wales. It's brought a surreal edge to the conversation here for me.